Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

need some help on the sizing of SEXI14...

may i know what size should i get if im wearing size 30 for IH 666sod? tia

Get a 30 for a very slim fit or a 31 for a slim fit.

Will the size 29 fits as well? Cause the sizing chart state that it will stretch up to 1. I'm a true waist 30. Had some difficulty buttoning my 666sod at first but now it fits me perfectly

Nope, the 29 won't fit, it'll be far too tight.

Any chance of a pair of 'IH 301s-07BK' in a 32 kicking around in stock?

Nope, sorry, all sold out.

Flat Head & Real Japan Blues Summer Collections

We've received a new selection of great new summer shirts, tees, and sneakers from Flat Head & Real Japan Blues.

From Flat Head we've gotten in some of their new flatlock tees with contrast colored ribbing, a newly developed red chambray fabric shirt, a wild t-shirt with a collar, a two-button short sleeved henley, and a short sleeve pin-check shirt.

Along with all these new shirts we finally got Flat Head's low-top sneakers, one of the only sneakers we've ever seen which are 100% made in Japan. In addition to the shirts and sneakers we received a full restock of all Flat Head jeans, bracelets, denim jackets, and hoodies.

Real Japan Blues brings us a slew of new shirts including their Windowpane fabric in both gray and black. This shirt was available five years ago and we're glad they've redone it, the fabric is a blend of Hemp and Cotton and feels great on and looks amazing up close. Along with the Windowpane shirt we have a short sleeve shirt in a fabric only RJB can create, making the fabric was a two part process which was very labor intensive, something that not many mills would be willing on doing.

Along with these shirts we've received a full restock of the 106BSP and 103BSP jeans.

All these new items and jean restocks are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. The Flat Head sneakers are available at SENY only and in our online store. Check the online store for more photos, measurements, full spec lists, and more.

Shop Flat Head Online

Shop Real Japan Blues Online

FH_BROWN_01.JPG

FH_EWORKS_01.JPG

FH_EWORKS_02.JPG

FH_EWORKS_YLW_01.JPG

FH_EWORKS_YLW_02.JPG

FH_ORANGE_01.JPG

FH_ORANGE_04.JPG

FH_RED_01.JPG

FH_RED_04.JPG

FH_SHORTSLEEVE_01.JPG

Stevenson Loopwheeled Blank Pocket Tees, Linen Shirt, & Jean Restocks

The final summer delivery from Stevenson is a loopwheeled blank pocket t-shirt that comes in a 2-pack and a short sleeve linen shirt.

The t-shirts are tubular knit on a loopwheeling machine with one chest pocket that's attached with a blind-stitch. The yarn for the fabric is made of Giza cotton which is extremely soft and strong and comes with a rayon neck-tag. The pocket design on these tees alone is a work of art. These t-shirts come two to a pack and come packaged in a vintage style undergarment box.

Along with these tees we've received a very comfortable linen shirt with an awesome pocket design and large shell buttons. The fabric for this shirt is also a Stevenson original.

With these two new items we've received a full restock of both Stevenson jean models and a small restock of their indigo dyed hoodies. Check the online store for hi-res photos, measurements, and spec lists of all these items.

Shop Stevenson Online

STEVNSN_RED_01.JPG

STEVNSN_RED_03.JPG

STEVNSN_RED_04.JPG

STEVNSN_RED_09.JPG

STVENSN_TEE_01.JPG

STVENSN_TEE_02.JPG

STVENSN_TEE_03.JPG

STVENSN_TEE_04.JPG

Sent you a PM Kiya, but as I'm having a few issues with new sufu I'm gonna ask in here too...

Do you have any stock of the Iron Heart blanket lined, 8oz denim shirt, in an XXL at either LA or NY?

Looking forward to the party in October man, me and the family will all be attending :)

Sent you a PM Kiya, but as I'm having a few issues with new sufu I'm gonna ask in here too...

Do you have any stock of the Iron Heart blanket lined, 8oz denim shirt, in an XXL at either LA or NY?

Looking forward to the party in October man, me and the family will all be attending :)

Hey man, glad you guys are coming out to the pop-up shop in NY. It's going to be a wild week there.

About the shirt, we have one left, i can take your order via email. Shoot me an email at denim at selfedge.com and i'll sort you out.

New Iron Heart Shirts & Jean Restocks

We've just received two solid new Iron Heart shirts and a full restock of all their jeans, belts, jackets, vests, bracelets, and wallets.

One of the shirts is the new Mock Twist Gray Chambray shirt, this new fabric has a nice heft to it and while not as heavy as their super heavy chambray fabric it still feels heavier than your average chambray. Great details include selvedge down the inner placket, chainstitch run-off, and felled inner seams.

The next shirt is an 8oz indigo denim shirt that's a great summer-weight fabric for those that want a denim shirt but don't want something rigid and heavy. Great fit on this one, and a bit slimmer than previous shirts.

These new shirts along with all the restocks listed above are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. Check the online store for more info on the shirts, hi-res photos, and measurements.

Shop Iron Heart Online

IHSH-65_01.JPG

IHSH-65_02.JPG

IHSH-65_05.JPG

IHSH-65_06.JPG

TRIPLEWORKS_01.JPG

TRIPLEWORKS_02.JPG

TRIPLEWORKS_05.JPG

TRIPLEWORKS_06.JPG

He's rotating between three pairs of the Iron Heart 301s, a pair of SE x FH x RJB jeans, and a pair of Flat Head 3009's.

Kiya, you probably know the answer to this so Ill shoot: Does Iron Heart rotate between Western and "regular" work shirts by season? Im really not a fan of the western shirt style but love the work shirt/traditional style of shirts. Will we see any more non-westerns soon? Thanks

They don't alternate between season, it's more just as they come. Sometimes they'll release a set of work shirts and sometimes it'll be a set of snap button shirts.

fantastic! i love the pauses he makes as he carefully chooses his words! I'm sure everyone here can totally relate to it because I can't count the times I've tried to explain the whole "denim thing" to normal people. It's like an intense struggle to impart the passion without coming off like a lunatic. How do you explain why a seemingly normal looking pair of jeans is $400? You're limited in time because you know their attention span is like 4 seconds. You gotta make it sound exciting and unique but at the same time convincing and knowledgeable. I venture to say I"m only like 40% successful if even. Most of the other times, people just look at me like I've got some sick fetish at worse or they just zone off at best.

Hi kiya, I'm torn between RJB106bsp and SG1105, how would you compare them in terms of fit and fades? Also, I'm a size 33 on TFH3001, what size should I be getting for those? Thanks!

Those two jeans are very similar in fit. The denim weights are also very close but the Strike gold denim definitely feels more abrasive if that's what you're after. I'd say check out the close up details of the jeans and go with the one you like better, they're very close in multiple ways. FYI, my two favorite fitting jeans i've ever owned those are two exact pairs of jeans.

Great video, Johan is very articulate. Think I spied some FH houndstooths on the rack, nice!

How's the 106BSP compare with the SE05BSP? The latter are great jeans but I wish the top inch or so of the thigh was slimmer and the mid-leg wasn't so tight.

Edited by Cold Summer

Great video, Johan is very articulate. Think I spied some FH houndstooths on the rack, nice!

How's the 106BSP compare with the SE05BSP? The latter are great jeans but I will the top inch or so of the thigh was slimmer and the mid-leg wasn't so tight.

The 106BSP has a lower rise and no taper to the leg at all, it's slim up top and completely straight all the way down.

Sugar Cane's Fiction & Romance Summer Collection

Just received some fresh new summer shirts from Sugar Cane's Fiction & Romance line along with a few shirts from their Sugar Cane Light collection.

Their Fiction & Romance line asks the question "What would Sugar Cane have produced for daily wear had they been around in the 1930's?". These shirts have really inventive fabrics, original buttons, and great branding.

We've also received a few new shirts from their summer line and their Light-Line (light-weight fabric summer shirts). One of our favorite shirts is made of an indigo dyed yarn and a has a red line running through the fabric to create the plaid pattern. So cool.

All these shirts along with a full restock of all Sugar Cane jeans are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store.

Shop Sugar Cane Online

SG_LIGHTBLUE_01.JPG

SG_LIGHTBLUE_06.JPG

SG_NAVY_01.JPG

SG_NAVY_04.JPG

SG_RED_01.JPG

SG_RED_05.JPG

SG_STRIPE_01.JPG

SG_STRIPE_03.JPG

SG_TAN_01.JPG

SG_TAN_04.JPG

man I enjoyed that video, and after communicating with johan over a recent purchase it was great to see the man himself, and listen to how considered his thoughts and opinions are.

Edited by Megatron1505