Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

I really want to see the OD material in person before purchasing, would you say it is somewhere

halfway between indigo and black or is it just black. I think its really hard to capture a good picture of what they actually look like

so I don't really know, ive seen pictures that make them look really dark blue and pictures where they seem black.

I posted this in the Iron Heart thread but will repost here. Here is a comparison of IH OD's, 3Sixteen & APC denim. Terrible pics but they show the differences.

IphoneFeb242012001.jpg

Sort of a fade comparison. Again sorry for the quality.

IphoneFeb242012003-1.jpg

lucky man!! i always try and get an appointment when he comes to the convention in sf...

thanks, he shops at SENY and we keep in touch so i was lucky enough to get an opening with him at saved this week. he's usually quite backed up.

damn man that's cool. i need to get over to new york. i've never been there, and i'd love to check out seny.

anyways back to denim...

checked out the new iron hearts and the boots. both are amazing

the denim looks SO good, i really wanna see how it ages. doesn't feel as rigid as i thought it would feel

Kiya-

Those new RJB shirts already been rinsed / one washed? Any shrinkage expected?

They'll shrink a hair when washed, they're not rinsed. If you wash in warm water and dry in the dryer they're sure to shrink about .75" in all dimensions. I cold wash and line dry all my shirts and don't get much shrinkage.

Thinking of picking up a pair of the se05bsp during my trip to SF, any sizing tips?

If you're going into SESF there's no need to worry about sizing, our guys will help you figure out what size to buy and how to soak them when you go into the store.

sorry, but that's weak. everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but what kiya is articulating is a measured, thought out point of view. as such, it fully merits due consideration - and in doing so, you may find it informative in formulating your own thoughts, even if you don't agree with it.

the idea that we're all correct leads to both moral relativism and everyone gets an A on their test, neither of which are positive outcomes

Weak? i'm sorry but "measured thought of point of view" roughly translates into "opinon." And any opinon requires due consideration otherwise we would be thick headed neanderthals not listening to one another. And I did form my own thoughts from this interview I just didn't feel it necessary to spam the selfedge update thread with my feelings on a particular interview from another denim website.

And by me saying we are all right, just means that in our own minds we all consider what we know to be correct and an opinon differs so drastically from person to person.... so in that respect we are all right.

had a pleasant surprise when the se x ls aldens i pre-ordered arrived last week, after i had forgotten about them.

they're one of those rare collaborations that make complete sense and are a true expression of each party involved. you guys who geek out on belt aging... the natural chromexcel will be the next level^3

hats off to everyone involved

when is the next possible restock of the flathead f2001 going to be?

(or is there a size 32 available in any store for order right now?)

FH is in between production runs on those, when the new run is done we'll have them.

Any update on a restock of the flat head woven leather and silver bracelets in Tan?

We've been asking them to get these to us but i think it's the clasp that they're not making any more.

We'll know more in about a week or two when our silver/leather order ships to all stores.

any chance we will see this today?

Video has been pushed back to March 10th and jean release is March 17th.

Kiya,

Is there a sz 42 FHxSExRJB tee left in any of the SE stores ? thank you

We have 2 left at SELA, none left at our other two stores.

let's get a jean made for short people..i never get to experience tapered jeans because i need to chop them off. making them straighter than they should be

finally.

somebody who feels my pain. that said the ih-301s doesn't suffer from this problem.