Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

stupid curious question kiya, in josh's jean fit pics does he wear his own ih flannels or are those yours/the store's? either way I'm crazy jealous

Everything in the photo is his except for the item that we're photographing.

Hey Kiya, I wear a 34 in IH634s. They fit well but the thighs are quite slim. I am looking at the sexihxlsxa13 (what a name...) in size 33 based on waist measurement. Am I going to fit?

Yup, a 33 should be perfect.

I enjoyed the article but I do take exception to the notion that khakis aren't a "vintage style". There is a definite legacy of heritage there, just as with jeans. In my humble opinion, anyway.

That was a great interview. I liked the part about Japanese convenience stores, too. If you start one in the US, just remember: bento is essential, and the thing that sets them apart from American convenience stores. Doesn't hurt that Japanese food is hot in the US right now - even though most Americans seem to think Japanese eat nothing but instant noodles and sushi and don't know about all the amazing food that's out there. Unfortunately most don't seem to know about delicious stuff like tonkatsu, udon, kara-age, oden, various types of fish, gyuu-don, and more. Sell it, and they will come.

Edited by Cold Summer

I enjoyed the article but I do take exception to the notion that khakis aren't a "vintage style". There is a definite legacy of heritage there, just as with jeans. In my humble opinion, anyway.

Where did i say khakis aren't a vintage style? I only commented on my thoughts on the aesthetics of wearing khakis, Red Wings, etc..

Any recent Zack de la Rocha sightings? I heard the dude wears Flat Head jeans.

Yup, he's been ordering from us since we opened years ago. Came into SELA the day after we opened there, and comes into SESF every six months or so. Super cool dude, very smart, and is really really into Flat Head.

Kiya, is the sexi14 restock the 20th or the 1st ? thanks

The SEXI14 restock is the 1st.

FH heavy woven skull caps available at any of the stores?

Yup, SENY just got a full restock. Feel free to email us to place an order or PM Andrew.

For those who didn't catch it, here's a link to an interview on RawrDenim.com with kiya (photo by fellow sufu'er farhad):

http://www.rawrdenim...i-of-self-edge/

That was a good read. I could hear your voice in my ear preaching.

Edited by jonrob

That was a good read. I could hear your voice in my ear preaching.

Oh shit! What are you doing here?

You coming to BAC?

Oh shit! What are you doing here?

You coming to BAC?

Im always around reading and lurking...

No BAC, between not enough vacation time on the books and this baby crawling around the house its almost impossible. Nationals is a real good possibility.

I want more info on Japanese 7-Ellevens!

Edited by jonrob

Hey Kiya, any chance of a re-stock in the SEXSC06? or any available at SESF?

Nope, we don't restock our collaborations and that jean has been sold out for about three years.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by fobsquad, February 18, 2012 - trolling
Hidden by fobsquad, February 18, 2012 - trolling

hey kiya/aj i haven't been to seny in almost three years. are there madd tourists with cameras around?

Edited by fobsquad

^^ and that is a bummer. I'd kill for another pair of jeans in that denim.

And on that convenience store tip, if you're in LA or the surrounding areas there's always Famima!!!

A few months ago you were asking about some jeans, what'd you end up buying?

Too much Visvim (0). Ive been Waiting closer to summer for some light weight jeans, I'd really love for IH to do a pair of jeans in that lt blue denim that the one shirt is made in. But other than that, a Few pairs of sugarcanes have my eye, but no decision has been made yet.

Edited by akuma no uta

haha you keep unavailable items on your site for 3+ years??

Yup, we leave only our old collaborations up on our site for reference purposes.