Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

If my 6660d's size is 38 which 301s-07bk size must pick?

Same size, 38.

is the overdyed Beatle Buster a regularly stocked jean? making a trip to san francisco later in the year and was hoping i'd have a chance to try on those and a few other IH styles in-store.

It's only made about once a year, so chances of us having that one in stock during your visit is slim. But we'll have loads of other stuff, we've got 45 models of jeans for men at SESF.

If my memory serves me correctly, the new IH jean is out this weekend coming?

Yup, February 18th, photos and specs are going up on wednesday. These things are seriously good.

anyone wanna near a self edge shop wanna help me out by "proxying" my jeans lol. ill send you my jeans and u drop it off so it can get repaired and then you can ship it back to me? ill pay you for your troubles =X

chainstitch proxy - next level entrepreneurship

the strike gold hoodie (and crewneck) is the tits, thanks andrew and thomas for looking out. all of you who don't have this will someday regret it

Hey Kiya, are Self Edge's Flat Head tees different from the Japanese ones (the THC series, etc?)

I ask because all the tees on SE's site are said to be loopwheeled, while identical-looking tees other sites are simply said to have the round-body construction, not loopwheeled. Even on FH's website, it only specifically says that the Flatlock shirts are made on the loop wheeling machines, not the "normal" THC ones (though it doesn't say that the THC tees are NOT loopwheeled, so it's ambiguous.)

So does SE order a special run of tees using FH's graphic prints on real loopwheeled shirts different from their regular line, or are all of FH's tees loopwheeled and it just doesn't say as such on the FH website/Japanese sellers/etc.?

It just doesn't say because they didn't start using the "loopwheel" term until 2009 when the flatlock seam tees came out and the THC series is the original FH tee from almost ten years ago.

Hey Kiya,

Does SE stock any caps from the brands you carry? I see some beanies, but was looking for a new cap/hat purchase.

We carry caps from Dry Bones but they're only available in-store at SELA.

are you going to restock the wild child wallet, or is it gone for good?

We have one left at SELA if you'd like to place a phone order now, call us!

Self Edge x Iron Heart x Leather Soul x Alden = SEXIHXLSXA13

For the first time we've come together with another retail store to collaborate on a product. We've come together with Leather Soul to design a set of jeans and boots from two of our favorite brands which compliment each other in both design and fit.

We've done a pair of jeans from Iron Heart using a new denim designed for this project and a pair of boots from Alden available in two colors.

The Iron Heart jeans are a classic 5-pocket jean with a medium rise and a straight leg with a slight taper that's flattering above the knee all the way up the back, also there's very little taper so the jean looks great with boots. The jean is completely stitched together with dark indigo thread, so while being a 5-pocket jean made of an indigo denim it's easily dressed up because of the lack of contrast stitching. For the jean we had Iron Heart produce us the darkest denim they've made that's still indigo (blue) colored in a new 23oz weight, the denim is sanforized and therefore even due to it's heavy weight, it's still comfortable.

This jean looks and feels amazing in person, Iron Heart nailed every aspect of the jean that we had requested to have made for us. The denim warp threads are so saturated with indigo dye that it's looking like a jean that will look amazing with some wear due to how the fabric will age over time.

The boots are designed to be versatile in both comfort and utility but also are able to be dressed up or down easily due to the detail, leather, and sole choice.

The Alden boot has a "faux" cap toe, a style Leather Soul has named the "conservation boot." This style was made in the 1940's when leather was scarce due to rationing and wartime shortages. Instead of a traditional cap toe, this "faux" cap toe style was used to give the look of a cap toe without using extra leather and the stitching is done by hand.

The boot is made on Alden's Trubalance last, has a tan Goodyear rubber wedge sole, and is available in black regina calf leather or Horween natural Chromexcel.

The Alden boots are available at Leather Soul Waikiki and Leather Soul Beverly Hills starting Saturday, February 18th. Orders via email are accepted by emailing Leather Soul through their website.

The Iron Heart jeans will go on sale at all Self Edge stores at noon (local time) on Saturday, February 18th. The jeans will also go on sale at 9am (PST) the same day in our online store.

Check the online store for a full spec list on the jeans, measurements, hi-res photos, and more.

Iron Heart Online

Self Edge x Iron Heart x Leather Soul x Alden = SEXIHXLSXA13

SEXIHXLSXA13_01.jpg

SEXIHXLSXA13_03.jpg

SEXIHXLSXA13_04.jpg

SEXIHXLSXA13_05.jpg

SEXIHXLSXA13_06.jpg

SEXIHXLSXA13_08.jpg

SEXIHXLSXA13_09.jpg

SEXIHXLSXA13_10.jpg

SEXIHXLSXA13_07.jpg

The Alden Conservation Boots

DSC_3076.jpg

congrats on, and thanks for, bringing another amazing looking collab kiya

curious do you have any idea amount of stretch to expect for these?

and safe to assume no shrink?

i'm thinking the cut looks superb in a size down from my normal IH size

Shrinking/stretching info was just added to the product page.

anyone have any luck with their repair services? Thinking about sending my belovedly tattered petit standards...

If the jeans weren't bought from us they must be brought into one of our three stores. Repair for you would be $40 flat and we'd repair everything wrong with the jean.