Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Guest jas010100
Posted · Hidden by Charlie Delta, January 30, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Charlie Delta, January 30, 2012 - No reason given

all you lil blue collar fashion faggots.

up against my beater ubrandeds, which are 34, they are a half inch shorter dog. I'm good. I'll go elsewhere next time.

How do you know your Unbranded jeans are 34"? Because that's what they're tagged at?

Do you own a tape measure?

Guest jas010100

omg. I can't believe i'm online midday. Yes, I own a tape measure. Yes i measured them. At first sight they looked short. I asked the guy @SE if he had one. They measured it out to 34. but at the wrong angle. I measured them @the house again. 33.5 or so. I'm kinda pissed. You'd be too. They are human, so whateves. they made a mistake. fuck it though. they're cut already. Not much anyone can do. I'm selling these now.

omg. I can't believe i'm online midday. Yes, I own a tape measure. Yes i measured them. At first sight they looked short. I asked the guy @SE if he had one. They measured it out to 34. but at the wrong angle. I measured them @the house again. 33.5 or so. I'm kinda pissed. You'd be too. They are human, so whateves. they made a mistake. fuck it though. they're cut already. Not much anyone can do. I'm selling these now.

I'm trying to work with you here, but you're not helping.

Bring them into the store, we will measure them again in front of you, if they measure 33.5" we will pay you whatever it takes to replace them.

A half an inch is within tolerance I'd say. variables include high taut the tape measure is pulled, how taut the pants are pulled. Being half an inch from what you like just can't be the catastrophe you are making it out as. Slouch 'em. That will give you more than that.

A half an inch is within tolerance I'd say. variables include high taut the tape measure is pulled, how taut the pants are pulled. Being half an inch from what you like just can't be the catastrophe you are making it out as. Slouch 'em. That will give you more than that.

I would like to point out that this client's true inseam is ~30" max.

I find inseam measurement can be subjective as it can vary depending on who's doing the measuring - is the leg straight/is it to the first seam of the crotch or the second/is the tape measure taut, etc - I find the safest way, when having jeans hemmed (as a customer) is to measure them myself, then state how much I want removed. That way there isnt really room for error.

I find inseam measurement can be subjective as it can vary depending on who's doing the measuring - is the leg straight/is it to the first seam of the crotch or the second/is the tape measure taut, etc - I find the safest way, when having jeans hemmed (as a customer) is to measure them myself, then state how much I want removed. That way there isnt really room for error.

I agree. I personally quote how much i want removed from the outseam because it's straighter

I had the iron hearts that i bought last week from se chainstiched to 34" and they are absolutely perfect

(just measured them with measuring tape)

while we are on this topic, i would just like to ask:

can i ship a pair of jeans to selfedge(sf or la) to be chainstitch hemmed?

the chainstitching policy on the website says that you guys will only accept jeans brought in person,

but i cant really make it to either location since i am in college right now.

Im about to buy another pair(From another user on this site) and i would love to know if i could just simply

ship the jeans to SE, get them hemmed and sent back. that would be perfect!

K - planning on getting some SE05BSPs soon. If I were to give them several hot soaks and hang dry in the sun each time, what would be the maximum shrinkage in waist, inseam and hem length be? I remember when I got BSPs many years ago, the waist was expected to shrink 1.5" (no it states 1"). It's the same denim as before am I not correct...

Is dude really complaining about .5 inches?? They're also offering to make it right so I don't see how pissed you can be at them? I mean they measured it in front of you and everything and you said "ok"..should've tried them on in store. And with an attitude like that I wouldn't want or could care less if you came back.

At least now you can learn from this..hopefully. Next time you take a pair in or mail a pair out..ask how they measure and use the same method to determine where you'd like them to be hemmed at.

Is dude really complaining about .5 inches?? They're also offering to make it right so I don't see how pissed you can be at them? I mean they measured it in front of you and everything and you said "ok"..should've tried them on in store. And with an attitude like that I wouldn't want or could care less if you came back.

At least now you can learn from this..hopefully. Next time you take a pair in or mail a pair out..ask how they measure and use the same method to determine where you'd like them to be hemmed at.

I call bullshit on the kid because he's already got them up for sale and if he feels so strongly about being right he could just go make it right with kiya. Obviously the kid is fraudin' and just got butt hurt because he chose the wrong hem length or is having buyer's remorse or something.

fraudin'? i dont think so. The difference is negligible to most of us, but it matters to this kid. he just went about complaing about it the wrong way. all of this could have been taken care of off the board. It doesn't make resolution any easier when people are pouring on the hate, even though he pretty much set himself up for it. The one time I had a negative customer service experience was with some d-bag at Simon miller. I posted about it after there was no resolution. In contrast, kiya is as generous a guy as any i've come across in the business and the only time i had an issue (minor) he was quick to handle it, no questions asked. issues are best left handled via pm's.

Guest jas010100

fraudin'? i dont think so. The difference is negligible to most of us, but it matters to this kid. he just went about complaing about it the wrong way. all of this could have been taken care of off the board. It doesn't make resolution any easier when people are pouring on the hate, even though he pretty much set himself up for it. The one time I had a negative customer service experience was with some d-bag at Simon miller. I posted about it after there was no resolution. In contrast, kiya is as generous a guy as any i've come across in the business and the only time i had an issue (minor) he was quick to handle it, no questions asked. issues are best left handled via pm's.

Thanks dude. It just didn't meet my expectations and yeah it does matter to me. I spent my hard earned money on this pair of jeans. I measured them so many times, lol. I ended up calling SESF and talked to kiya himself. He's cool. Explained to me that they measure the inseam pulled taut. That was the half inch difference. He also said they'd replace them if they didn't measure up. I'll probably end up stuck with these. Fuck it though, it's all good. It just burns me when people taunt and provoke on the internet. This is supposed to be a forum and I'm a dissatisfied customer. I had all the best intentions but people suck dude. My bad Kiya. I'll come through tomorrow.

Thanks dude. It just didn't meet my expectations and yeah it does matter to me. I spent my hard earned money on this pair of jeans. I measured them so many times, lol. I ended up calling SESF and talked to kiya himself. He's cool. Explained to me that they measure the inseam pulled taut. That was the half inch difference. He also said they'd replace them if they didn't measure up. I'll probably end up stuck with these. Fuck it though, it's all good. It just burns me when people taunt and provoke on the internet. This is supposed to be a forum and I'm a dissatisfied customer. I had all the best intentions but people suck dude. My bad Kiya. I'll come through tomorrow.

This will go a long way.