Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

we rarely discount anything we sell, so no, there's no discount code.

we measure the inseam from the cross-stitch of the crotch to the end of the leg in a straight line.

if possible, could you be a bit more specific?

when you say measuring in a "straight line" does that mean along the inseam of the jean

like so? (ltook a picture of measuring my own jeans)

wpeqHh.jpg

7VUMCh.jpg

Japanese sites are already taking pre-orders for new FH tees; I ordered some and they tell me they're dropping in March, so I'd guess that SE will get some around then, too. There are some sweet new designs.

New Flat Head tees for 2012 drop starting March 1st, we'll have new prints, exclusive prints and blank tees too.

if possible, could you be a bit more specific?

when you say measuring in a "straight line" does that mean along the inseam of the jean

like so? (ltook a picture of measuring my own jeans)

wpeqHh.jpg

7VUMCh.jpg

I'm a little confused. How else would you measure from the cross stitch to the end of the leg? It's one straight line. The inner leg may curve a bit but the tape measure is kept in a straight line from the cross stitch down to the end of the leg.

Hey Kiya, so if i the wait for the Buzz Rickson sweaters is until next year, you guys got any more of these lying around???

DSC05584-1-753449.jpg

You went full retard on that one.

Online FH restock today Kiya?

It was pushed back a bit, should be here monday or tuesday.

DAMN those are nice! I've been waiting for those jungle pants for a year and a half.

With a baby boy incoming, it's gonna be a hard battle between these and Infant Car seats.

not sure about your situation but you can try playing the grandparent / family angle, they may be glad to help out.

$400 jungle cloth pants, not so sure about

btw - i think the cut on the black version had been adjusted from the first one? curious as to how that extends to cut (full disclosure: i'm most likely a tire kicker on this one)

not sure about your situation but you can try playing the grandparent / family angle, they may be glad to help out.

$400 jungle cloth pants, not so sure about

btw - i think the cut on the black version had been adjusted from the first one? curious as to how that extends to cut (full disclosure: i'm most likely a tire kicker on this one)

The new ones measure nearly identical to the first ones, the difference is tiny.

how come so many japanese brands use that typewriterish font down at the bottom?

Their computers default to that font when they switch to english characters.

Wowow excited for these hoodies! Will they be available in the online stores as well?

Yup, starting next week.

Hey Kiya,

Thinking about copping the SG2109 and have some questions.

I have the Japan Blue Momotaro JB0701 currently in their size 30 and the waist measures 32". There is still a tad bit of room albeit not much in the waist (maybe about a quarter of an inch). Would you suggest size 30 which measures size 31" for the SG 2109?

Edited by Aniki88

Hey Kiya,

Thinking about copping the SG2109 and have some questions.

I have the Japan Blue Momotaro JB0701 currently in their size 30 and the waist measures 32". There is still a tad bit of room albeit not much in the waist (maybe about a quarter of an inch). Would you suggest size 30 which measures size 31" for the SG 2109?

Yup, get the size 30 in the SG jean, they'll be perfect after a soak/stretching.

i just wanted to recognize self edge for their service, i recently bought a pair of ihxb01 online with hem and the service and quality was great. i had to have it sent to a relative in the states because i'm stationed overseas, but it was great to have it go so smooth. their sizing chart helped me decide the perfect fit for it. thanks from a bay area native

K - When's the next SE05BSP restock coming?

Should be monday.

Been getting a lot of inquiries about the Self edge x leather soul x iron heart x alden four-way collaboration project.

Release date on those boots that you may have seen on forums or twitter is February 18th and retail is $495.

There is a "matching" Iron Heart collab jean releasing on the same day with a new denim we developed with Iron Heart that's a 23oz sanforized fabric that's super dark indigo. The jean has no contrast stitching, it's sewn up in all dark indigo thread, super stealth. we wanted a fabric that was heavier than ih's normal 21oz fabric and would last longer than the heavier unsanforized fabrics so we went with taking the 21oz denim and upping the weight also sanforizing it for comfort and durability. Jeans will be for sale at all three Self Edge stores and in a small number at both Leather Soul stores. jean price to tba.

Yeah I thought you preferred unsanforized to sanforized Kiya?

Been getting a lot of inquiries about the Self edge x leather soul x iron heart x alden four-way collaboration project.

Release date on those boots that you may have seen on forums or twitter is February 18th and retail is $495.

There is a "matching" Iron Heart collab jean releasing on the same day with a new denim we developed with Iron Heart that's a 23oz sanforized fabric that's super dark indigo. The jean has no contrast stitching, it's sewn up in all dark indigo thread, super stealth. we wanted a fabric that was heavier than ih's normal 21oz fabric and would last longer than the heavier unsanforized fabrics so we went with taking the 21oz denim and upping the weight also sanforizing it for comfort and durability. Jeans will be for sale at all three Self Edge stores and in a small number at both Leather Soul stores. jean price to tba.