Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya, is that an Iron Heart jacket the model is wearing in the SExT17 pic up there?

He's wearing the 16oz Super Black denim shirt from a few years ago with a vintage cardigan underneath.

got my jeans back from being repaired yesterday. repairs look great, just i realized the denim between the rear pockets on my 634s is wearing out from when i used to ride my bike a lot more. should've gotten that fixed too....

starting to look like some frankenstein jeans with all these repairs. haha

looking for denim that is a similar cut to the ih301s... im a sz 30 for reference, any recommendations from fellow self edger's?

I think you'd really like the Strike Gold 1109/2109 cuts. Or check out the SE05BSP from Flat Head.

i'm 4 months into my IH301s..... for this competition i'm doing i was torn between the sg1109 sg2109 and the SE05BSP. i ended up picking up the SE05BSP cause the vertical fading but i saw the strike golds in person and kiya wasn't lying about the character. you'd be truly happy with either one of few mentioned but i'm definately going to pick me up some strike gold next. they're extremely slubby and i can't wait to add them to my arsenal

hmm quick question about sizing on the sg's and fh... as mentioned i have the 301s in a 30, should i stick tts for all three models above? the only noticeable difference i see in sizing is the thigh is almost an inch larger vs. the ih.

Yup, you'd be the same size in all three brands.

looking for denim that is a similar cut to the ih301s... im a sz 30 for reference, any recommendations from fellow self edger's?

i'd highly recommend Ande Whall Mustangs. they're not available from Self Edge but from direct from Ande himself.

http://andewhall.bigcartel.com/

they too are sanforized denim, and the cut is almost the same as the ih301s, maybe a slightly larger rise & leg opening - but not much.

tell me more about this "works burger combo". I'm more interested in that than Ande Whall jeans.

tell me more about this "works burger combo". I'm more interested in that than Ande Whall jeans.

That surprises me Kiya. As a supposed denim aficionado, I thought you'd be interested in a small artisan like Ande Whall, in a similar way to say, Roy Slaper.

That surprises me Kiya. As a supposed denim aficionado, I thought you'd be interested in a small artisan like Ande Whall, in a similar way to say, Roy Slaper.

from ande whall site:

"Q: Are Ande Whall goods available at any retail stores?

A: No. www.andewhall.com is the only place to purchase these fine denim goods."

also I may be wrong, but I believe kiya has said in the past he only carries japanese and american brands.

Edited by gringoinoki

I was being flip.

Self Edge sells Imperial, which is Austrailan.

Not for long.. They're moving the production of all their jeans to Japan, made in the same factory as the last two collaborations we did with them. They'll still based in Australia but everything will be made in Japan. Starting february the duke (indigo) and shearer (indigo) will be fully japanese made.

so does that mean that those two fits will have the same denim quality of the collabs?

I would assume so, but won't know till we see em. The denim obviously won't be nearly the same.

kiya, on the measurements page: http://www.selfedge....easurements.php

it doesnt seem to show how you guys measure the inseam of denim

im about to buy a pair of ih301s online, (tried them on at the store last week)

but I dont know what to chainstich hem them to

i measured the inseam of my current jeans (BiG style http://blueingreenso...id=30&Itemid=41) and it turned out to be 34 inches

if possible could you explain how the inseam is measured at selfedge and possibly what i should hem the 301s to?

If I have the jeans chainstich hemmed once can they still be hemmed again? Would it cost me money(outside of shipping ofc) to hem again if i didnt get the hem length right on the first try?

edit: also, does there happen to be any discount codes at this time?

Edited by shinjin

we rarely discount anything we sell, so no, there's no discount code.

we measure the inseam from the cross-stitch of the crotch to the end of the leg in a straight line.