Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

that's the first pair of women's jeans on here that i've actually though, "maybe that'll work for my girl"... you have any measurements for those? and what's the price tag like? my girl's best fitting jeans are her black gap skinnies. i'm really looking for something that'll fit like those but have some decent quality to them. we just got her some levis online that look horrible, so no more jeans from them...

The Sling & Stones jeans go for $260 a pair, $350 for the selvedge ones..

the slim ones are quite slim, similar to a slim kim below the thigh, but with a little more room on top.. they run a size big, so i normally suggest people size way down in them.. like a size or two if you're used to Japanese denim. If you're used to Gap denim then get the same size or maybe one size down if you want a super tight fit.

guys... honestly, the online store is pretty much ready. we're waiting for our Imperial shipment. once that arrives next week we're launching the site offering imperial, then adding a new brand every 10 days or so.. Iron Heart, Homeroom, Sugarcane, Flat Head, etc.. in that order. :)

free insured worldwide shipping, orders ship same day, etc..

• 3 weeks later...
there's a difference between stupidity and laziness

Sometimes there is a difference, but, as I will clearly explain, in this instance there isn't. Assuming that the savings by using rakuten is $100 and the extra time it takes to sign up for the service is 15 minutes (roughly how long it took me) and assuming no other costs, then it is simple to determine whether the issue is laziness or stupidity.

If our hypothetical jeanshopper is employed and makes a sum greater than or equal to $100 every 15 minutes, or $400 every hour, then it may be explained as laziness: he would gain nothing by spending those extra 15 minutes, and if he makes more than $100 /15 min. he is actually losing money by signing up with rakuten. If, and this is the more likely scenario, our hypothetical jean shopper earns less than $100 every 15 minutes, then it is stupidity, because he will have to work more than 15 minutes--the very sort of extra work that the truly lazy abhor--to make up that $100.

Obviously, this math will be different for the indepentally wealthy, those on a fixed income, and welfare cheats, but it should apply to most everyone else.

Assuming you're in the States, you would be able to get them faster from SE, and if you need to exchange for a difference size it would be easier and cheaper... If you can figure out the right size and fit and cut by reading the charts on the Japanese site, more power to you, and you should order them from Japan.

yeah, the repeated build up and promotion as well as the fact that it was supposed to be up three months ago makes the current offering of rather anti-climactic. Hopefully now that it is up and running there will be frequent updates of new products.

Well aren't you just a negative nancy:( .