Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

kiya - I didn't see a number, but I assume like the ducks these are a limited engagement. How many pairs is he producing?

One hundred six pairs between the three stores.

"rope dyed, selvedge 12oz canvas from White Oak - Cone Mills"

"...this Cone indigo dyed canvas due to how it ages over time, it almost ages like an indigo dyed denim which was produced with massive loom-chatter"

This explains the blue, but what explains the black? Overdye? Sulphur coating? I'm curious...

"rope dyed, selvedge 12oz canvas from White Oak - Cone Mills"

"...this Cone indigo dyed canvas due to how it ages over time, it almost ages like an indigo dyed denim which was produced with massive loom-chatter"

This explains the blue, but what explains the black? Overdye? Sulphur coating? I'm curious...

Black patch, pocketbags and stitching.

It's also catchy.

Just for reference K, what size does Roy model the Ducks and BNB in? 32 and 33 respectively?

31 and 32.

Kiya, I always thought you shot the tagged size the model wears in the detailed photos (meaning it'd be 30 in Ducks, 32 in BNB, 38 in FH winter flannels, etc)?

That's true about 95% of the time, not for these.

It happened again. Every time there's a new release to my liking, my size always sells out. Damn....

We have some left at SELA right now if you still need one in all sizes.

Kiya, I always thought you shot the tagged size the model wears in the detailed photos (meaning it'd be 30 in Ducks, 32 in BNB, 38 in FH winter flannels, etc)?

That model's size is extremely misleading if he does actually wear a 38 in the FH winter flannels.

That model's size is extremely misleading if he does actually wear a 38 in the FH winter flannels.

I was referring to jeans, shirts are another story.

When is a restock for BR and Stevenson watch caps coming?

Stevenson restock is coming in December, BR not till next year.

SELA still has BR caps if you want to place a phone order.

two thumbs up for Yellow Rat, good stuff. love that jacket.

I love Yellow Rat, been a fan for many years. It's pretty big in the rockabilly festival scene. They're stuff is well made and really well priced too.

Introducing Yellow Rat - Vintage Style American Casual Wear - Made in the USA

We'd like to introduce you to a new brand in our line-up by the name of Yellow Rat. Started in 2007 by world renowned Japanese surfer Kio Inagaki with the intention to reproduce lost styles of American casual wear.

The Yellow Rat line is produced in the USA from fabrics and hardware from both Japan and the USA. This line has made it's rounds in the vintage clothing and rockabilly scene for years and we're happy to finally give it some play in cities which it's never been sold before. The details and fits are very good and the prices are reasonable for garments which reproduce details we've never seen on basics such as fleece hoodies and zip-up track jackets.

We consider Yellow Rat to be a Japanese company as the people behind it are Japanese born, yet the line is operated out of Mar Vista California, on the coast directly west of central Los Angeles.

We're launching Yellow Rat with two crewneck sweaters, a zip hoodie, a striped zippered jacket, and two gingham button-down shirts. Check out the items in our online store for details on each garment.

All these items from Yellow Rat are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store. Check the online store for measurements, hi-res photographs, and full spec lists on all the garments.

Yellow Rat at Self Edge Online: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=93

Yellow Rat Vintage Flavor Crewneck Sweater - Gray

YR_CREW_GREY_01.jpg

YR_CREW_GREY_01_02.jpg

YR_CREW_GREY_01_03.jpg