Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Epic first post....

No....your first was epic

quote:

originally posted by echau view post

just placed an order for these...need to give my PBJs some time off...

I'm thinking the same thing! I love my pbj x self edge but these just might be the ones to put em to rest.

I'm so confused. Who did a PBJ x Self Edge jean without telling me?

tier zero denim. so secret that nobody knew about it.

whats the story of flat head changing FH 3001 arcs?

and will self edge be stocking these?

Things change, some stores will carry one version and other stores will carry other versions.

It's cryptic, but in all honesty that's the way Flat Head works.

Hey Kiya or anyone else, I'm looking for my next jean, right now I'm wearing a pair of RJB 105bsp in a size 38, i was wondering if anyone would have suggestions as to who would off the specs i'm looking, basically the

105bsp is what i have now, i'd want something w/ a higher rise, more room in the thigh and smaller leg opening.

I see the Roy rs2 seem close but are s/o and don't know if they'll restock come january. thank you again.

Any sign of the 3sixteen restock?

Coming tomorrow.

Hey Kiya or anyone else, I'm looking for my next jean, right now I'm wearing a pair of RJB 105bsp in a size 38, i was wondering if anyone would have suggestions as to who would off the specs i'm looking, basically the

105bsp is what i have now, i'd want something w/ a higher rise, more room in the thigh and smaller leg opening.

I see the Roy rs2 seem close but are s/o and don't know if they'll restock come january. thank you again.

I think you should look into the 3sixteen+ 11BSP or Flat Head F380 or 3009.

Sorry but they're pretty good. Roy has been wearing his pair for a bit over a month now and the wear on them looks pretty amazing.

What are we supposed to tell our spouses to convince them we NEED these?

Buy them but tell her you bought some RIT dye and dyed one of your old pairs. She'll love you for being frugal and crafty at the same time.

is there going to be a restock in the new BR sweats?

Yup, a very small one. We bought whatever they had left in Japan. Should be hitting all stores November 15th.

Hey Kiya - will you be carrying any of the incoming MF chinos/pants? thanks!

The only MF bottom we're getting this season is the modified California jeans.

Roy Black 'n Blue Indigo Dyed Canvas Jeans

Roy Slaper has finished up a new set of 5-Pocket pants made of an indigo dyed 12oz cotton canvas.

Roy wanted a slim-straight cut super dark pant that wore in with extreme fading properties. He chose this Cone (White Oak) indigo dyed canvas due to how it ages over time, it almost ages like an indigo dyed denim which was produced with massive loom-chatter, yet at the same time this fabric looks quite even when new. One of the most labor intensive garment Roy has produced yet, these indigo dyed canvas pants are a final level of flavorful. From the seashell fly stitch to the psychotically assembled pocket bags these are best viewed completely inside out.

From the outside they're built like a diesel truck and from the inside they're more like a peacock.

Roy suggests soaking these in room temperature water for 10 to 20 minutes and allowing them to air dry before wearing just to get the starch out (for comfort). Not doing this will not hurt the jean necessarily and will yield more contrast in the wear due to the way the fabric will react to wear while still starched.

Considering the time it takes to produce these and the fact that every jean is produced by one man from start to finish restocks or new models do not come often, but when they do, they're worth the wait.

These will be available at all Self Edge stores on Saturday November 5th at Noon (Local Time). They'll also be available in our online store at 10:00 (PDT) the same day. Check the online store for a full spec list, measurements, and photos of Roy wearing the jeans:

Roy's jeans in our online store:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=88

Roy BNB1 Indigo Dyed Canvas Pants

ROY_BNB01_01-1.jpg

ROY_BNB01_03.jpg

ROY_BNB01_04.jpg

ROY_BNB01_05.jpg

ROY_BNB01_06.jpg

ROY_BNB01_07.jpg

The Roy BNB1 worn for six weeks.

ROY_BNB01_WEAR_02-1.jpg

ROY_BNB01_WEAR_03-1.jpg