Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Cross posted from small questions thread. I need to know whether to keep this shirt or not. I'm loving it, but I think it's a bit large around the shoulders. It's a Flathead size 44: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=591&zenid=ae26536394c515b97c82ab2ca5282d99. According to SE, it will not shrink. Please give me your opinions.

2uqlq47.jpg

9lj1c1.jpg

I find all the flathead shirts have MASSIVE shoulders.

Roy has produced another small run with the last of this duck fabric, the pants will go on sale at all stores and in the online store on Saturday September 10th. Once these are gone there will be no restocks of this pant, each store is only getting a few of each size.

ROY - The SE-DUCK Pants

Roy's newest creation is a pant made of a selvedge cotton duck fabric woven by Cone Mills in North Carolina. The fabric is a medium weight duck with a black selvedge id.

The details he's included on this pant are quite amazing and he's gone a bit over the top with the pocket bag design. The pant doesn't have a coin pocket on the outside so he's put it on the outside of the inner pocket bag. Multiple thread shades and gauges are used through-out the pant and even utilizing the selvedge edge of the pocket bag material.

Here's a short video of Roy explaining the construction of the pocket bags:

gM7_hIHdT_Q

Shop for Roy's Things at Self Edge Online

ROY_SE_DUCK_01.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_04.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_07.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_08.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_09.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_11.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_012.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_013.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_014.jpg

ROY_SE_DUCK_015.jpg

so SEXIHXINDO16 is up

i have a question mr kiya, is it using the same denim as SEXIH07? they both use 19 oz unsanfor and 3x1 weave RHT..

Yup, same denim. I love that fabric and how it ages over time. It ages a lot like the IH anniversary denim but it's a bit easier to wear due to the slightly lighter weight fabric.

So here's my question- based on the measurements, it looks like the Indos are really close to the cut of the 07s. Is that correct, or are there differences in the fit?

On a dude, the "too big" looks pretty hot. Look at Cents or No Cents....you'll love them. On a girl ? meh...not unless she's tall like tg76. I'd look like a fucking potato sack in a W32.

Quack, Quack. They may be too big, but I wasn't about to miss out on these again. Furthermore, that's what a super-heavy IH belt is for.

So wear size 31 in everything pretty much. Would I be a size 30 or 31 in the Roy duck pants? According to the chart perhaps a 30?

Size 30 if you want a really slim fit or a 31 for some extra room.

I'm a 32 in the IH 301s, what size in the Roy ducks?

You'd be a 31 in the Roy Duck pants.

Kiya,

How do the Dry Bones Guitar Wolf Jets compare on the thigh to Flathead 3005s?

Also, are you taking offers on them yet? ;)

I'd say yes, the GW jeans are quite close in fit to the FH 3005 jean.

Kiya, are you going to get a restock of the SE Pote Tin Kyriaki Gray Flannel (Never on Sunday)? Also, when will you be getting in some more sizes of IH flannels?

Not sure about the NoS shirt restock yet..

There are no restocks of IH flannels, they're made to order. F/W releases start shipping October 1st.

I'm curious to know what (model) Josh's favourite gear is...

He loves anything from Iron Heart and also anything that's motorcycle inspired. The more expensive the better. (2)

Oddly couldn't find this by searching: what flat head cut is most similar to apc new srandards? Thanks in advance.

I'd say either of these should work:

SE05BSP

F310

F2001

SEXFHXRJB15

SE05BSP (10 char)

True story.

NY/LA, would you happen to have any of the SG1101s left? In a 36 maybe??

Nope, sold out.

kiya, I have a 30" waist (most jeans measure 16-16.25" in the waist), and took a 28 in the red-d slims. I'm looking for a slim, slight taper with a leg opening around 7.3" after hemming them to a 32" inseam. The thigh can't be any slimmer than the red-d's in a 28. What would you suggest to narrow down my choices? Thanks in advance.

^In the time it took you to write that you could have looked through half of the Self Edge website. In the time you'll spend checking back here, reading this, getting angry about being called a baby who needs to be spoon-fed everything, trying to conjure up a retort (and maybe even posting one) you could have looked through the other half.

kiya, I have a 30" waist (most jeans measure 16-16.25" in the waist), and took a 28 in the red-d slims. I'm looking for a slim, slight taper with a leg opening around 7.3" after hemming them to a 32" inseam. The thigh can't be any slimmer than the red-d's in a 28. What would you suggest to narrow down my choices? Thanks in advance.

Check out these jeans:

Strike Gold SG1109

Strike Gold SG2109

Real Japan Blues 103BSP

Iron Heart 301s

You'd most likely be a 30 in all three of those jeans.

kiya...

"..Spending 8 days on the Greek island of Kefalonia also serves as final research for the Self Edge pop-up shop opening March 1st, 2012"

What SE pop-up shop ? Are you opening a shop in Europe ? If so Hurray ! Please spill.