Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Please send them to the SF store, i'm currently finding out from Roy as to whether or not he wants to fix them or if we're going to do it in-house.

Send them over and we'll fix it up. Also, after all this is done email me so i can reimburse you all shipping costs.

Just a reminder why SE is awesome. I just had an issue with a postage due shipment due to an SE error and Kiya fixed it himself immediately. Awesome customer service. I wish every business was run like SE.

Get a size 30 for a slim fit or a 31 for a slim straight fit. The jean is quite a bit slimmer than Samurai's 5000 fit.

Ah, thanks! I actually measured my pair & these are the measurements I got.

Waist: 31â€

Thigh: 10.5â€

Knee: 8.5â€

Leg Opening: 8â€

Inseam: 30.5"

Based on the SE measurements, I think the sz. 30's will be better. Also, how much should shrinkage in the inseam should I account for? In the description it says ~3" so would a 33" be good then?

Ah, thanks! I actually measured my pair & these are the measurements I got.

Waist: 31â€

Thigh: 10.5â€

Knee: 8.5â€

Leg Opening: 8â€

Inseam: 30.5"

Based on the SE measurements, I think the sz. 30's will be better. Also, how much should shrinkage in the inseam should I account for? In the description it says ~3" so would a 33" be good then?

Get the inseam hemmed to 3" longer than where you want them to end up after a hot water soak.

^ From a couple pages earlier

kiya, you said the feather rings would be restocked last friday - any idea when the site is being updated for purchase?
Still waiting on the feathers, we got everything else from the SE line except those.

Do you have any idea when the 666od's will be restocked in the online store? please and thank you

Not sure if there's going to be another run of those done, if there is we'll have them once they are. I'd guess December at the soonest.

Kiya,

around how many days would it take to fix crotch blowouts on a pair of SExI04s and hem a pair of 634S? thinking about dropping them off at SELA sometime next week.

All repairs take 5 to 7 days at all stores, hems take half that long.

kiya,

will the SE feather ring ever be restocked? been eyeing that thing for a while, mike at tanner goods has one and it sold me.

Restock should be hitting the online store by saturday.

For all you LA folks, Self Edge is getting together with the rest of our friends on La Brea to put on a block-wide event for Fashion's Night Out on Thursday, Sept. 8th from 6pm - 11pm. We will be serving cold beers all night, so come have a drink with us and check out the new product from Roy, RJB, Dry Bones, The Flat Head and 3sixteen. Best of all, everything in store (except for media) will be 15% off.

BlockParty.jpg

awesome, thanks. i was checking yesterday and noticed the price has gone up $20 from last week (i think) - is there a reason why?

Price went up $10, this is why:

silver(1).gif

As you can imagine a $10 retail increase in no way covers even half of the increase in cost to us.

i know there was a large discussion on this earlier in the thread. Basically, we're fucking lucky for the fairly consistent denim prices considering the ever-increasing cost to retailers.

Kiya, do you know yet if you are going to be stocking the charcoal IHW-01 and the heavy western solid flannels? (these babies: http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1762.msg98324#msg98324 )

i know there was a large discussion on this earlier in the thread. Basically, we're fucking lucky for the fairly consistent denim prices considering the ever-increasing cost to retailers.

Kiya, do you know yet if you are going to be stocking the charcoal IHW-01 and the heavy western solid flannels? (these babies: http://www.ironheart.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1762.msg98324#msg98324 )

We should have the charcoal one but we passed on this year's IH super heavy weight flannels due to the retail price.

We should have the charcoal one but we passed on this year's IH super heavy weight flannels due to the retail price.

Never thought retail price would be an issue for SE customers in general! Lol! I mean, here you are opening new stores during the worst recession ever! (SELA).

whats the dressing room situation going to look like tonight? i havent been to the la store on a sale/party night. is it reccomended to try on things earlier and make purchases later?

I'm guessing that tonight's event will be more low-key than our grand opening party last year and the party we threw with RJB and Flat Head a few months ago. We have two dressing rooms, so you'll definitely have space to try things on.

so SEXIHXINDO16 is up http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=764

i have a question mr kiya, is it using the same denim as SEXIH07? they both use 19 oz unsanfor and 3x1 weave RHT..

Yup, same denim. I love that fabric and how it ages over time. It ages a lot like the IH anniversary denim but it's a bit easier to wear due to the slightly lighter weight fabric.

i will be heading to la to get a pair of those sexihindo16... will we be seeing an OD or SBG version?

Nope, indigo only.

Cross posted from small questions thread. I need to know whether to keep this shirt or not. I'm loving it, but I think it's a bit large around the shoulders. It's a Flathead size 44: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=591&zenid=ae26536394c515b97c82ab2ca5282d99. According to SE, it will not shrink. Please give me your opinions.

2uqlq47.jpg

9lj1c1.jpg