Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Roy's Jeans - The Nihon Straight Leg

We've got a new release from the one man show that goes by the name of Roy.

Working with what he describes as one of the best looking pieces of denim he's seen yet, Roy has produced a run of 100 pairs of a new straight leg jean. This jean is made up of a 15oz unsanforized denim made by the Nihon Menpu mill of Japan. It's a straight leg fit, slightly different than the past straight leg fit and with new stitch patterns including a vintage style waist-band that's chainstitched and single-needle stitched.

These are available now at all Self Edge stores and in our online store. Considering the time it takes to produce these and the fact that every jean is produced by one man from start to finish restocks or new models do not come often, but when they do, they're worth the wait.

Roy's Jeans: https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=88

Also, for those that missed it the first time around we've produced a video showing off some of Roy's skills, it was difficult to show what takes two hours or more compressed into a three minute long video, but we hope you enjoy seeing a glimpse into the world of Roy.

Click the full-screen icon in the bottom right corner of the video for the full effect:

http://vimeo.com/16075230

Roy Jean RS2 Nihon - Straight Leg

SG1109_00-1.jpg

SG1109_01-1.jpg

SG1109_02.jpg

SG1109_03.jpg

SG1109_04.jpg

SG1109_05.jpg

SG1109_06.jpg

SG1109_07.jpg

SG1109_08.jpg

SG1109_09.jpg

Been having trouble with my Flat Head woven bracelet since I bought it two weeks ago...For some reason it would always unhook itself with little movement on my part at times when I least expect it. Normally I would notice it fall off and I could just pick it up off the ground but today I unfortunately noticed too late when I was already driving home. It could be anywhere in the city, possibly being tanned by some bum on the streets. Words of wisdom, if you're going to buy one, make sure it fits tight! Goodbye $100...

Been having trouble with my Flat Head woven bracelet since I bought it two weeks ago...For some reason it would always unhook itself with little movement on my part at times when I least expect it. Normally I would notice it fall off and I could just pick it up off the ground but today I unfortunately noticed too late when I was already driving home. It could be anywhere in the city, possibly being tanned by some bum on the streets. Words of wisdom, if you're going to buy one, make sure it fits tight! Goodbye $100...

Bummer, man. Lesson learned, though. I learn all my lessons the hard way. It's the only way shit sinks in.

That's odd considering most of those don't unclasp on their own.

Check your PMs.

Same thing happened to me with my 3sixteen double wrap bracelet. I had it for over a year though, so it was a little bit looser than when I first bought it. I can empathize...I really liked mine, and it was an awesome bracelet :(

Just got my pair of Roy Jean RS2 Nihon - Straight Leg, Sz 30 this morning. They're gorgeous ! Fit pics soon (soaking as we speak). They are sooooo well constructed, crispy and crunchy. Get yourself a pair...you won't be disappointed !!

man, i hear you guys, the other day I was wearing my sfxsexsfxDBs and the top button came undone. I don't know how they let these out the door with this design flaw. I got home and realized they had totally fallen off.

I saw lots of Women making the eyes at my lower area while I was walking that day (Im pretty used to that anyhow) but i had no idea I was walking around as god made me.

Anything we could do about this? Ill fervently check my PM's in anticipation.

Check your PMs.

It's not a design flaw. Buttons come off all sorts of garments, even the most expensive garments lose buttons from time to time. With jean buttons 95% of the time it has nothing to do with the hardware and everything to do with the angle of which the rivet was stamped into the button. If the angle is not perfect the button will eventually pop off. This is something we repair for free, but rarely happens on jeans we sell. Like i said, you can buy a $4000 suit and the chances of a button coming off are very close to a button coming of a $200 suit. This doesn't make it right, just puts it into perspective. It's about how the brand or retailer deals with it is where the difference is.

hey there kiya.

do you know the total of how many of the SE feather rings actually were made? would be interesting to know...thx!

It would take a while for me to figure it out, but in all honesty we've sold more of those Self Edge feather rings than any other accessory we've ever carried with the exception of the Flat Head bracelets. I'd say we've made about 250 of them.

Hey Self Edge Crew,

I bought a pair of 3sixteen ST-100x jeans about a month ago from SENY and I've probably put 5 days of wear into them total, and then the top button just popped off today. Is this a common problem? I've never had this happen to any of my other jeans. Is there a simple fix? If not, Is there anything I can do in terms of an exchange, refund, repair, etc.?

This is sort of a bummer. The jeans are great otherwise.

Hey Self Edge Crew,

I bought a pair of 3sixteen ST-100x jeans about a month ago from SENY and I've probably put 5 days of wear into them total, and then the top button just popped off today. Is this a common problem? I've never had this happen to any of my other jeans. Is there a simple fix? If not, Is there anything I can do in terms of an exchange, refund, repair, etc.?

This is sort of a bummer. The jeans are great otherwise.

That shouldn't have happened, bring em into SENY and we'll put on a new one for free.

That shouldn't have happened, bring em into SENY and we'll put on a new one for free.

I'm actually in Boston for school for awhile. Would it be okay if I brought in the jeans at the end of August to get them fixed up? Or if I shipped them to SENY, I'm assuming I'd have to pay for that out of pocket.

Can a run-of-the-mill tailor put it back on?

Thanks for the quick reply, Kiya!

I'm actually in Boston for school for awhile. Would it be okay if I brought in the jeans at the end of August to get them fixed up? Or if I shipped them to SENY, I'm assuming I'd have to pay for that out of pocket.

Can a run-of-the-mill tailor put it back on?

Thanks for the quick reply, Kiya!

You can ship them to SENY and we'll send em back to you.