Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Will the "3sixteen+ 10BSP" be restocked anytime soon?

Hope they aren't phased out by the new models.

Those will not be restocked, they've been replaced by the 11BSP.

I'd like to bring in a pair of jeans for repair to SESF, how bad is the wait on repairs for now?

It ranges between 5 and 8 days, average is 6. Hems take 2 or 3 days.

Any Roy news today Kiya?

Thanks

The photos/measurements are going up tomorrow.

Random: Kiya, you should make a Self Edge calender and give one to me.

I'm super paranoid about overbranding random things. We've done chocolate bars, stickers, and t-shirts. It's all so nerve-wracking to make sure that it's in line with our ethos that little things go undone for longer than they should.

We're working on patches, new stickers, and t-shirts right now.

I'm super paranoid about overbranding random things. We've done chocolate bars, stickers, and t-shirts. It's all so nerve-wracking to make sure that it's in line with our ethos that little things go undone for longer than they should.

We're working on patches, new stickers, and t-shirts right now.

Aightt., I respect that decision. Interesting ethos by the way.

Roy's Jeans - The Nihon Straight Leg

We've got a new release from the one man show that goes by the name of Roy.

Working with what he describes as one of the best looking pieces of denim he's seen yet, Roy has produced a run of 100 pairs of a new straight leg jean. This jean is made up of a 15oz unsanforized denim made by the Nihon Menpu mill of Japan. It's a straight leg fit, slightly different than the past straight leg fit and with new stitch patterns including a vintage style waist-band that's chainstitched and single-needle stitched.

These jeans will go on sale on Saturday, July 9th, at all Self Edge stores and via the online store at 10am (PST) the same day. Considering the time it takes to produce these and the fact that every jean is produced by one man from start to finish restocks or new models do not come often, but when they do, they're worth the wait.

Roy's Jeans: https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=88

Also, for those that missed it the first time around we've produced a video showing off some of Roy's skills, it was difficult to show what takes two hours or more compressed into a three minute long video, but we hope you enjoy seeing a glimpse into the world of Roy.

Click the full-screen icon in the bottom right corner of the video for the full effect:

http://vimeo.com/16075230

Roy Jean RS2 Nihon - Straight Leg

SG1109_00-1.jpg

SG1109_01-1.jpg

SG1109_02.jpg

SG1109_03.jpg

SG1109_04.jpg

SG1109_05.jpg

SG1109_06.jpg

SG1109_07.jpg

SG1109_08.jpg

SG1109_09.jpg

The photos/measurements are going up tomorrow.

New Roys look great. (The photos of The Strike Golds need to be deleted though.)

Now for the sizing questions. The measurements are different. If I am a 32 in the RS1, should I stick with a 32 for the RS2?

New Roys look great. (The photos of The Strike Golds need to be deleted though.)

Now for the sizing questions. The measurements are different. If I am a 32 in the RS1, should I stick with a 32 for the RS2?

I would say yes, just do a cold soak. Or go one size up and do a hot soak.

Two new versions of the Beatle Buster jean from Iron Heart just added to the online store and at all three Self Edge stores:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=752

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=751

is SelfedgeSF opening at 10 am on Sat? wasn't sure if I should buy online at 10 or if the store will be open for locals at 10 as well. thanks!

We're opening at noon, as usual.

Im wearing 31 on IH634s..should i wear 31 also on the new ROY?

31 for a slim straight fit or a 32 for a straight fit.

Roy's Jeans - The Nihon Straight Leg

These jeans will go on sale on Saturday, July 9th, at all Self Edge stores and via the online store at 10am (PST) the same day. Considering the time it takes to produce these and the fact that every jean is produced by one man from start to finish restocks or new models do not come often, but when they do, they're worth the wait.

Just to be clear, does 10am (PST) mean 11am (PDT)?

Just to be clear, does 10am (PST) mean 11am (PDT)?

It's 10am PDT, i just never use the "PDT" term during the summer as it confuses most people that haven't heard of PDT and think that it's called PST all year round. That didn't really make any sense.. either way, it's 10am in the online store, all the stores open at noon.