Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Here at Self Edge we don't want to carry every brand, i want to carry what is near impossible to get, brands that are the best of the best and nothing less. Brands that have history and are here to stay for years to come.

thats so GANGSTA. I have to cop some iron hearts just on principle.

still offered...

prices:

top button $26 (x1)

button fly: $22 (x4)

rivets: $12 (x6) do not change hidden rivets

=$186

this is only offered on 45rpm denim and currently (this might change) the jeans must be sent back to Japan to have the hardwear changed.

holy shit! that's a lot of work, time, and money for some fucking silver rivets!!

Ironhearts are some of the toughest jeans in existence, although I think that the stitching on the comparatively light 19 ounce Samurai models is stronger. (Try repairing a blown crotch stitch on a pair of 21 ouncers - it's like sewing rawhide.) The silver rivets (I don't have them, but a friend does) are certainly interesting, giving the jean a more refined look, the way a pair of jeans with light yellow stitching (especially aroung the pockets) does when compared against a similar pair with darker, orange or orange-yellow stitching. I think that it is cool that BIG and Self Edge carry different brands (although I am sort of biased towards the brands that BIG carry, like SDA, John Bull and Fullcount, which, imo, make more flattering cuts than some of the more repro-true brands). I'm interested in seeing the Self Edge X Ironheart jeans when I go for my annual pilgrimage to San Francisco.

And Nudies are really popular in the Mission District? Two years ago, the only place that sold them was Rolo, and the guy working there was saying that they couldn't even sell the raws because people didn't like how they felt. Oh, how times change...

the SExIH sound great, I think im going to hold out on any jeans untill i see pics of these, I cant wait till the online shop is up.

the online shop will open very soon introducing one brand at a time, starting with Imperial.

I wanted to wait as long as possible before announcing this, but...

Free Shipping Worldwide.

hero?

that's very nice of you.

wait'll see what we have planned for January and beyond...

damn, free shipping worldwide is insane! this is gonna be fucking awesome!

I have go into the office tomorrow but I will try hard to make it to the party... see you guys there tomorrow...

The Self Edge online store will open up introducing Imperial Denim, from then on every couple of weeks another line will be added.. Iron Heart, Sugarcanes, etc..

and yes, Free Shipping Worldwide.

USA gets UPS ground insured.

International gets Global Express Air Mail insured (3 to 5 days to any country)

:)

still offered...

prices:

top button $26 (x1)

button fly: $22 (x4)

rivets: $12 (x6) do not change hidden rivets

=$186

this is only offered on 45rpm denim and currently (this might change) the jeans must be sent back to Japan to have the hardwear changed.

funny cause when i was in several 45rpm osaka stores they told me the place they used to do it in tokyo closed down. maybe they do it for the US people still haha.

Thanks to everybody that came out to the party last night, i had a blast and it was great meeting some of you for the first time.

:)

back to sleep for me..

Hey all, new to the boards but I met another Superfuture member at the Self Edge party who said I really oughtta sign up.

The party was great and I took a few pics. There were a lot of big-name faces in the crowd! I fell in love with this Iron Heart jacket and thankfully I didn't spend rent buying it ("forgot" the credit card at home). Might have to pick it up next week tho ;-)

I also conducted a Self Edge interview (which I'm sure you've already seen) a week or so back.

Self Edge Grand Opening Party Pictures: http://www.jungle-life.com/item/1085

Jungle Life Featured Interview - Self Edge San Francisco: http://www.jungle-life.com/item/1068

Ok. enough from me...

welcome, i've been reading your blog for a while... I think I know exactly which IH jacket you were referring to...

word. thanks for reading.

the IH looks just like a motorcycle jacket except in denim.

i was torn between the 38 (too tight) and the 40 (too loose). wish there was a 39...

either way, i couldnt take it off. now i dream about it.

do you dream in denim too?

will u be introducing a new lable weekly or monthly or you dont know yet?

We're going to start with one label then introduce a new one every two weeks until everything we sell in our store is available online.