Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

i am wondering how heavy you are on that industry now, Kiya :).( Of course this statement dosent need to be answered)

I'm about 17 or 18 ounces per square yard.

Their fabric is great, and their jeans are great. We don't only look at the denim a company uses when we're looking at a line.

We consider the shirts, the accessories, and even how many different types of denim do they produce and how many of those types are really good. When you factor all those things together it brings a completely different set of criteria to the table, it's not just about their one main denim style.

Thanks for your detailed answer. I was confused when you first stated that what they do with the fabric isn't up to what you're picking up. But this clarifies a lot.

But then again, and sorry if I seem to be a little bit of a "wiseguy". When you decide to represent a brand, why don't you always represent their whole offering at SelfEdge, I reckon you pass on some products because of various reasons. In that case, no company would be ever perfect, isn't it?

Thanks for your detailed answer. I was confused when you first stated that what they do with the fabric isn't up to what you're picking up. But this clarifies a lot.

But then again, and sorry if I seem to be a little bit of a "wiseguy". When you decide to represent a brand, why don't you always represent their whole offering at SelfEdge, I reckon you pass on some products because of various reasons. In that case, no company would be ever perfect, isn't it?

There are only two reasons why we can't carry everything. For one thing it's literally impossible unless our stores were four times the size and also it's the cost. With the rising cost of Japanese goods and the Yen where it's at today some things just don't make sense. We can't justify somebody spending $1000 on boots or $2500 on leather jackets when we know you can get a similar product on the same quality level for almost half that from companies based in the West. You never want to try and sell a brand purely because it's made in Japan, that will get you nowhere in the end once the hype dies down. You need to truthfully be able to pick up a garment and say "you cannot get a better shirt like this at any cost".

AT M1stral, Iron Heart and Strike Gold, cant think of an item i wouldnt want from those two. Probably the same for dry bones and Sugar Cane. (there are a few studded things from the flat head that i wouldnt want (but se doesnt carry them anyway))

AT M1stral, Iron Heart and Strike Gold, cant think of an item i wouldnt want from those two. Probably the same for dry bones and Sugar Cane. (there are a few studded things from the flat head that i wouldnt want (but se doesnt carry them anyway))

This here is exactly what I'm pointing at. SelfEdge represents lots of brands and carries amazing stuff, but some things that don't pass "quality control" @ SelfEdge won't land at the shelves.

I think in regard with Momotaro, they also make great stuff and some products are maybe not on par with what Momotaro produces denimwise, but they make awesome stuff. which I think would sell really well at SelfEdge.

But that's just my thought. I don't want bash anyone on here for the fact that Momotaro should be stocked at SelfEdge yes or no. I just wanted to get some insight on the why question.

Oh, and thanks again Kiya for pointing things out... It's just a matter of interest in your business.

kiya...is there going to be a restock on these IH flannels?

35ajj2a.jpg[/img]

No, but we may have your size at SELA or SENY if you want to place a phone order.

does sela have denim repair services? or is it only in sf and ny

All three stores have denim repair services.

But that's just my thought. I don't want bash anyone on here for the fact that Momotaro should be stocked at SelfEdge yes or no. I just wanted to get some insight on the why question.

not to belabor the point, but i think the upshot is that kiya and demitra have a specific concept about the store. and for their own reasons, they think this particular brand is not a good fit.

i would hazard a guess that the extent to which self edge has emerged as a (well respected) brand, is precisely due to these kinds of editing decisions. you will notice that gordon at blue in green has made different calls and the identity of his store reflects that

and further to kiya's point about space - as steven wright once observed, "you can't have everything. where would you put it?"

We've taken 30% off the retail price of the remaining sizes of the William Gibson x Buzz Rickson N-1 Black Deck Jackets and the 1930's FDR Civilian Jackets.

N-1- Deck:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=666

FDR Jacket:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=643

We've taken 30% off the retail price of the remaining sizes of the William Gibson x Buzz Rickson N-1 Black Deck Jackets and the 1930's FDR Civilian Jackets.

N-1- Deck:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=666

FDR Jacket:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78&products_id=643

You just cost me money kiya. FDR Size 42 is now gone :)

can anyone recommend a cut that is similar to the scxse02?

I really like this dude's fit...

These are jeans with a very similar fit:

Strike Gold SG1105

Strike Gold SG2105

Real Japan Blues 106BSP

Flat Head F310 (a hair slimmer)

When can we expect more pics of the new SGs?

New SG jeans are going up on friday. Or what's left of them because they've been selling so quickly in-store.

SENY gets them on March 7th, SELA gets them on March 15.

Indigo Jungle Cloth pants.... Kiya Kiya Kiya...when when when... Ka-boom!

Black Jungle Cloth pants with indigo stitch thread, red pin-check pocket bags, and domed navy rivets. This summer!

Black Jungle Cloth pants with indigo stitch thread, red pin-check pocket bags, and domed navy rivets. This summer!

Freakin AWESOME! :D

Merci Salamat Thanks

hey kiya where is the online store located? in other words, where is whatever is in stock at the online store? at SESF?SENY?

90% of what's in the online store is at SESF, the other 10% is spread between NY and LA.

Did anything else come in the sg shipment?

They don't really make much that we don't carry.

We've got almost all the jeans, we've got all the belts, and the shirts are available at SENY only.

Edit: To answer your question.. we got a restock of the SG1105 and both belts.

Very interesting that the Jungle cloth is coming out in black in the summer. I feel like the black would be better for the winter and navy or olive in the summer. I'll be buying them anyways. Olive jungle cloth pants would be a VERY appealing pant to own though!

Very interesting that the Jungle cloth is coming out in black in the summer. I feel like the black would be better for the winter and navy or olive in the summer. I'll be buying them anyways. Olive jungle cloth pants would be a VERY appealing pant to own though!

We have a lot of Australian customers.