Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

you should make smaller sizes, because otherwise how will i be able to go in, try them on, and leave?

you really want smaller than a 29??

i wear a 29 in Dior, Rogan, Notify, etc..

but a 30 in Sugarcane, Samurai, Iron Heart, Imperial, etc..

and that's damn small..

so i figured i'd go one size smaller, which was size 29..

so i'll go to size 28...

i'll only be making a few 28's though.

That's awesome, I'd love to get a pair but presume you guys haven't yet thought about internatinal orders? I'm in London so that might mean I cannot get a pair I guess :(

Self Edge will ship worldwide.

:)

Finally made it to Self Edge today, great shop, met Kiya and crew, very cool... Didn't get anything for myself, if the sleeves on that Iron Heart jacket were half an inch shorter I probably couldn't resist... Copped the Geisha's for my girlfriend, she's still getting used to the fit and the look and of course, the stiffness of the denim... Samurai makes some dope jeans, I tried on her Geisha's and they actually fit alright on me! She also got a pretty cool Married to MOB tee... Some quick pics and more at my flickr account...

296161669_4163bf7b54_d.jpg

296161175_1771dea21b_d.jpg

296160913_831f50ee9d_d.jpg

296174658_d6069e3604_d.jpg

296175406_f02f0c2095_d.jpg

heh, thanks, she prolly didn't look her best today... what do you think about the fit? def not something u'd see on girls very often, at least not around here... btw are you going to the self edge party next week? we should be there... the shop is just a great place to chill and chat about denim, heh...

you really want smaller than a 29??

i wear a 29 in Dior, Rogan, Notify, etc..

but a 30 in Sugarcane, Samurai, Iron Heart, Imperial, etc..

and that's damn small..

so i figured i'd go one size smaller, which was size 29..

so i'll go to size 28...

i'll only be making a few 28's though.

well, my hips measure 29", but barring randomly finding a few hundred dollars on the street, i probably won't end up getting a pair. :(

heh, thanks, she prolly didn't look her best today... what do you think about the fit? def not something u'd see on girls very often, at least not around here... btw are you going to the self edge party next week? we should be there... the shop is just a great place to chill and chat about denim, heh...

fit looks good for that type of jeans. I'm sure a pair of mainstream jeans will be more flattering though. but overall thumbs up and congrats for such a score!

She has a ton of more mainstream jeans like Earnest Sewn (she got like 5 pairs of ES or something), SO jeans, Miss 60, Diesel... but those just look like every other girl... The Geisha should look better after some soaking and stretch... now still very stiff... not as stiff as those Iron Hearts though, those are insane... I think I'm gonna have to get a pair of those IH x SE in black when I'm done with these Diors... either those or the custom Sugarcane x SE in 19cm cut they're gonna put out later...

The SEXIH will have the same charactaristics as the usual Iron Heart denim, shrink to fit but with little indigo loss. :)

sounds good, now i can finally own a pair. im hoping for a 7-7.5 hem opening. :rolleyes:

slim.

Iron Heart x Self Edge jeans..

21 oz denim

Selvedge

Indigo

Hidden Rivets

All Rivets made from Sterling Silver

34" inseam

size run will go from 29 to 40 waist

100 piece limitation

retail price to be determined

cut will be similar to a dior 21cm, boxy, anti-fit, slim, low-ish rise

release date: will be announced in a few weeks

-kiya

ayn, what is the smallest size the geishas come in?

She has a ton of more mainstream jeans like Earnest Sewn (she got like 5 pairs of ES or something), SO jeans, Miss 60, Diesel... but those just look like every other girl... The Geisha should look better after some soaking and stretch... now still very stiff... not as stiff as those Iron Hearts though, those are insane... I think I'm gonna have to get a pair of those IH x SE in black when I'm done with these Diors... either those or the custom Sugarcane x SE in 19cm cut they're gonna put out later...

no idea, I think I've seen 26, and I think BiG's online store got them in 26 now... I'm actually kindda worried now that the 28 would become too big for her... We went to the cliff house for brunch buffet and ate a shit load before we went to self edge, the jeans were tight on her at SE but when we got home she could do all the buttons... we'll see, might be okay after a cold or even warm soak... kiya recommended not soaking the waist, we'll see how much they stretch and might have to soak the whole thing...

so im back from S.F. Self Edge was dope as hell kinda a good thing i dont live in S.F. i'd be broke. I bought the Sugarcane Hawaii's and a pair of the Iron Heart 21oz. We went down to that lil bar you guys at self edge recomended and had a drink, i seriously wanted to go back to buy another pair of denim but my gf said you guys didnt have the okinowa's in my size. My gf took a pic while i was in the bathroom changing into them. Oh well. I cant wait to go back.

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00762.jpg

this place looks insane. Too bad I will be in NYC on the 18th. But I will definitely drop by in december as well as the January party.

The geisha fit is so interesting. Not many girls rocking straight leg right now, somehow all these hoes went straight from ridiculous boot cuts to ridiculous tight cuts. wtf. I dont think I can convince by GF to get straight cut. I will try at APC NY though, hehe.

Self Edge Grand Opening Party

Saturday November 18 from 6pm to 10pm

Music by J-Zone (nyc)

Drinks and Denim provided by Self Edge.

See you there!

Will you guys ever carry any of the more niche jeans that are popular on these forums? Things like Skull, PBJ, Ande Whall, Acne, or Julian Red?

You know.. i get a similar question to this very often. i don't mind the question at all, but just to clear things up.. Here at Self Edge we don't want to carry every brand, i want to carry what is near impossible to get, brands that are the best of the best and nothing less. Brands that have history and are here to stay for years to come.

I'm very picky with what denim comes into Self Edge, and that's why i'm sticking to Samurai, Sugarcane, Iron Heart, and Imperial. We carry Nudie because of the neighborhood we're in, it's very popular here in the Mission District, and we're carrying Sling & Stone for women because i absolutely love their women's cuts. I'm adding another line or two in january from Japan, more info on that when we get closer to January. :)

so to recap, i'm doing my best to carry what i consider to be the cream of the crop in denim today and brands that i personally enjoy their entire catalog. It's very important to me that i like the entire line, i can't just order the denim if they also make belts, hats, etc. for instance, we're getting in a full line of belts, shirts, wallets, jackets, etc from Sugarcane and Iron Heart. Probably by January we should have everything that they both produce, and by Feb we should have Samurai's entire line too.

i'm rambling now, i'll stop.

:)

Hey Kiya, I love the brands you're carrying in your store. Exclusive and hard to find denim versus carrying some jeans from every fucking brand out there (a la denim bar), is the way to go. And sugar cane, samurai, etc... do make more than jeans. Their jackets, belts, shirts, etc.. are also great quality stuff! I won't be able to come up from san diego for the opening party, but maybe I can make it for the superfuture party. Keep up the good work!