Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

Kiya,

I have a quick question for you on some coats you carry. I have been Eying the Buzz pea coat for some time now waiting for the Chicago winter to pull the trigger. It was going to be a function over form purchase but after seeing the new mister freedom denim pea coat im really in love with it but I have a feeling it is going to be the opposite form over function...

I know this isn't a fair comparison, like comparing apples to vaginas, but how warm is the MrF denim pea compared to the Buzz wool Pea coat in your opinion?

I would REALLY REALLY love to grab that denim one but when its -10* with the wind chill in Chicago if that denim pea coat isn't worm I wont care how nice it looks...

Any help on the 2 would be great. thanks in advance.

your going to need the wool for Chicago winters

Its like, I knew the answer to that but I want that Denim one SOO bad but if I bought both my fiancée would for sure kill me. I mean she would actually put her hands around my throat until I passed...

Kiya,

I have a quick question for you on some coats you carry. I have been Eying the Buzz pea coat for some time now waiting for the Chicago winter to pull the trigger. It was going to be a function over form purchase but after seeing the new mister freedom denim pea coat im really in love with it but I have a feeling it is going to be the opposite form over function...

I know this isn't a fair comparison, like comparing apples to vaginas, but how warm is the MrF denim pea compared to the Buzz wool Pea coat in your opinion?

I would REALLY REALLY love to grab that denim one but when its -10* with the wind chill in Chicago if that denim pea coat isn't worm I wont care how nice it looks...

Any help on the 2 would be great. thanks in advance.

There's two sides to this.. The Buzz Rickson one is crazy warm, great for cold weather, build like tank, looks great. This one will keep you warm regardless of where you are (for the most part).

The Mister Freedom one is a very subtle twist on a traditional pea coat, it's pretty amazing and also built well, but it's not as warm because it's made of multiple layers of heavy twill and denim. I say get the MF one and wear a sweater underneath, then again i don't live in Chicago.

Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture x Styleforum = SEXDBXSXS12

One of the most popular jeans we've carried since we opened was the first collaboration we did with Dry Bones and Superfuture two years ago. We've decided to expand on the theme of a forum based jean with a bigger project including Styleforum and a 22oz denim that Dry Bones have woven for this jean.

The SEXDBXSXS12 jean has been produced by Dry Bones, one of Japan's longest running vintage Americana style denim manufacturers. The jean is made up of a rope-dyed 22oz unsanforized selvedge denim consisting of a combination of Texas & San Joaquin Valley cotton fibers creating a rigid denim that's slightly hairy, but not slubby, because we requested that the denim not be singed and calendered. The indigo dyed yarn has a sulfur top to create a super dark indigo color that crocks fairly easily with normal wear. The jean has heavy-weight hickory striped pocket bags, military grade green rear pocket linings, coin pocket selvedge, cotton poly-core stitch, hidden rivets, and two leather patches. The Superfuture patch was designed by JimmyC of Superfuture and the Styleforum patch was designed by Brian SD, you can easily remove one of the two patches leaving the one you like better. The fit is a slim fit with with a bit of taper and a medium rise, graded to look great in all sizes.

Superfuture, a website dedicated to the finer points of shopping, traveling, garments, and more was launched in 1999 by Wayne Berkowitz and Simon Kristoph. Hailing from Australia, their website took on a life of it's own within a few years, and five years in was already home to one of the largest databases of information about garments, and to be more specific, denim.

Superfuture offers the world a frequently updated set of traveling maps, a listing with reviews of over 1000 shops around the world which are "Superfuture Approved", a blog updated with cutting edge events around the world, and a forum called Supertalk which at times overshadows the other services Superfuture offers.

Styleforum was founded in 2002 in reaction to the poorly run, corporation-owned, men's style discussion forums of the day. Founder Jeremy Jackson and his partner Fok-Yan Leung, who started posted on the forum as a way to procrastinate from writing his doctoral thesis, see Styleforum as a dive bar populated by guys who also happen to really like clothes, often to the point of obsession. A few discussion rooms have been added to the forum since 2002, discussing anything from travel to food, but these are still guys who want to be wearing the best clothes no matter what they are doing.

This jean is limited to 250 pairs between our three stores, once sold out there will be no restocks.

The SEXDBXSXS12 jean will be released at Self Edge San Francisco, Self Edge New York, and Self Edge Los Angeles at Noon (Local Time) on Saturday, December 4th.

The jeans will also be available online at 10am (PST) the same day in the online store.

Check our online store for more information on this jean, a complete specification list, measurements, and hi-res photos:

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72

sexsfxdb_01.jpg

sexsfxdb_02.jpg

sexsfxdb_03.jpg

sexsfxdb_04.jpg

sexsfxdb_05.jpg

sexsfxdb_06.jpg

sexsfxdb_07.jpg

sexsfxdb_08.jpg

sexsfxdb_10.jpg

Guest patchmb
Maybe wait for the new 3sixteen+ women's jeans that are coming out November 1st.. slim cut, stretch selvedge indigo and less in cost than the S&S.

Any news on these kiya ? I want to get some new denim for the mrs for xmas.

Any news on these kiya ? I want to get some new denim for the mrs for xmas.

January 1st!

I seriously didn't know anything about this jean except for the 22 oz denim. But looking at it, I am contemplating buying a pair. The darkness is amazing, although the 33 fits almost exactly the same as my 33 SExIH07BK albeit slightly smaller in the knee and longer rise. My 07BK was weird though, came with an 8" LO rather than 8.5" on the measurement table.

Kiya, is the SExI14 indigo going to be just as dark? I'm guessing I will be buying both unfortunately...

I would REALLY REALLY love to grab that denim one but when its -10* with the wind chill in Chicago....

Do you REALLY want to wear EITHER when it's that cold? They're both beautiful, stylish jackets, but you know they're not up to the task of a Great Lakes winter. Just think back to how cold it is in January, where highs are in the teens for days on end, the wind howls, and snow keeps falling....

if you're going to drop a bunch of money on a serious winter jacket, get a good down one.

I seriously didn't know anything about this jean except for the 22 oz denim. But looking at it, I am contemplating buying a pair. The darkness is amazing, although the 33 fits almost exactly the same as my 33 SExIH07BK albeit slightly smaller in the knee and longer rise. My 07BK was weird though, came with an 8" LO rather than 8.5" on the measurement table.

Kiya, is the SExI14 indigo going to be just as dark? I'm guessing I will be buying both unfortunately...

The SEXI14 is not nearly as dark as these.

155593_482010324000_514854000_5820603_5573109_n.jpg

Tomorrow, come celebrate my and Allan's birthdays over some raucous karaoke. We'll be at Karaoke Boho in the West Village from 7:30pm on at the bar - look for the dudes in matching yellow Strike Gold tees. This invite is as informal and last minute as it gets... all are welcome.

Coffee Foundry/Karaoke Boho

186 West 4th Street

New York, NY

A/C/E/B/D/F/M to West 4th

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=144498125600652

Is your pair of SExIH07s unusually slim? From the sizing charts, the new Dry Bones collab seems to be a lot slimmer in the leg than the SExIH07s.

Is your pair of SExIH07s unusually slim? From the sizing charts, the new Dry Bones collab seems to be a lot slimmer in the leg than the SExIH07s.

Yeah, my Tagged 33 measured 32 in the waist, 12 at thigh, 9 at knee and 8 at hem. From the charts, should have been 33, 12.2, 9, 8.5.

The DB12 (sounds like an Aston Martin) Tagged 33 is 34, 11.6, 8.3, 8 and after a soak should be ~ 33, 11.4, 8.1, 7.9. I'm thinking it is too close to the SExIH07BK to justify me getting them, plus the SExI14 is coming next week and would really like a skinny indigo pair.

My SExIH07BK fits like this:

SEXIH07BKfront.jpg

Those measurements indicate that fit in the top block will be completely different than your SExIH07BK's. The thighs are half an inch smaller and almost an entire inch smaller at the knee. The only thing that is remotely close is the leg opening (and of course the waist).

Those IH's fit you very well with a slim silhouette. Based on the measurements for the DB's, the fit I'm imagining would be too slim.

I think the DB's just might need to be sized according to the thighs with the waist comfortable from the start. Typically I size down one, but for these I would go TTS.