Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

i'll be here at Self Edge all day today and Saturday, not so sure about Sunday..

it's my birthday, shouldn't really spend it working..

but who knows.

denim calls..

Stopped by today to check out the shop. Finally met another superfuturian, well two. Kiya and Stuntastic were there and were real cool. Great selection of Canes, and Samurai. I was really impressed with the Iron Hearts too. Overall just great to see and feel the jeans that I've read about on the boards. I'll be back to try on some denim next time.

i'll be sure to tell you that almost every store i've been to (hinoya, americaya, whatever else is in ueno and shibuya) has maybe 1 pair of 1 brand of jeans already washed and dried. there is no way they have every pair washed and dried there. unless i missed the fucking secret gigantic room of already washed/shrunk jeans of every pair in the back alley of ueno or something....

you missed the secret alleyway. ;) they usually have a few at least - more when you go to the acutal flagship stores instead of a denim shop

Also forgot, while i was there, someone called in asking for the "competition" jeans. Thought it was funny that people are referencing superfuture terms. And yes he did have the contest jeans.

They did? I will have to check those out tomorrow! HAHA!

Just got back from Self Edge and I was very impressed.

The store has a very nice design to it, with some great antique furniture that complements the denim pieces quite nicely. They have a nice selection of jeans as well as few very nice jean jackets (also tee's and sweatshirts on the upper level). Kiya is an awesome guy who is very welcoming and knows a fair amount about denim.

I had a chance to try on the "competition samurai's" and those things are STIFF! I really wanted a pair once I saw the contest photo's, but I'm not sure if i can handle them haha... I've been wearing this buttery soft evisu's for a while so its quite a change, but I'll probably end up getting the sammy's anyway.

Anyhow, only things I wish they had were some "denim care" products like the soaps and detergents offered by sugar cane and maybe some denim literature? I did however, stop by Japan town and found an awesome denim book on the way home so i'm happy. All and all Self Edge deffinetly needs to be a destination for everyone on this board that hasnt gone yet, if not to buy a new pair of denim, than to at least drool over the nice selection available.

Went in today, met Kiya and Stuntastic, they are great guys and the store is massively impressive. The antique furniture, as noted, is exceptional, as is the rebar staircase. This is a must-see destination if you are in the Bay Area.

Awesome to see so much Japanese (and Swedish) denim. Great selection of carefully selected stuff.

They have an Iron Hearts denim jacket cut like a cafe racer, really cool, and some denim hoodies made from vintage denim of famous provenance. ;)

For added incentive, they are only two blocks from Truly Mediterranean!

I only got an Upper Playground tee and a felafel today, but I am considering my next move.

I will try to make it in on Sunday to see more SFers.

Mad props to Kiya and Stuntastic! Support these guys!

is this a little last minute SF meet i'm smelling?

how geeky.

i'll be at the store from noon to 2:30pm today..

see you guys there.

:)

stopped by at the shop today,met kiya and folks. picked up type 2 sugar canes, two friends i brought picked up a pair of iron hearts.

What was you greentea!?!

You should have said something, i was in there kicking it.

Tangerine - i feel so slighted you didnt mention meeting me! Your daughter was adorable.

Got a pair of Sugar Cane Hawaii's.

Store is amazing. Kiya and Jan are super cool. Too many great things to mention.

Carl, don't feel slighted, check the date on my previous post, it was from yesterday. ;)

Today I went back and saw Carl!

Greentea, were you and your friend with the woman with the two dogs and her friend?

Today bought a SugarCane 1953 jacket and had tamales at El Toro. The line at Tartine was too long (thanks for the tip though Kiya and Demetra (sp?), will go back another time.)

Kiya and I both had our birthdays today! Happy Birthday Kiya!

went there at like 5:30 and it was already closed, hehe... I'll try to go again next weekend or I'll def be there for the superfuture party the week after... :)