Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

If I ever actually got to go to a self edge store, whether it be NY, SF or LA, I think I'd just fall over with sheere excitement before walking in. They just look amazing. You would never get rid of me, I'd be there 24/7!

Please open a self edge Liverpool next please:D

Rafa Benitez, Tom Hicks and George Gillette will run the place, enjoy.

If I ever actually got to go to a self edge store, whether it be NY, SF or LA, I think I'd just fall over with sheere excitement before walking in. They just look amazing. You would never get rid of me, I'd be there 24/7!

Please open a self edge Liverpool next please:D

The scallies would clean it out in no time!

I hate missing Self-Edge parties. :(
I think Beatle has dibs on Self-Edge Berlin being the next outlet.

Yes and yes...I will make it to the next SE party which hopefully will be in May and SFO - and yes, SEB would be the next store to open..he he..

SELA party was a success :)

kiya..are you stocking the IHJ-06?/when if you are?

(this baby) http://www.ironheart.jp/products/IHJ-06.html

Glad you were able to make it, it was a good night and good to see everybody.

We didn't order that IH jacket.

Introducing Roy's Jeans - Single Man Made

Every now and then a product comes along that makes us rethink everything we know about jeans. This new product is from a man by the name of Roy Slaper. Roy's jeans bring aspects of jean production to light that we haven't seen on any level including deadstock vintage pairs.

We've known Roy for a while and he's been steadily perfecting his craft over the past four years, when we finally saw the jeans he'd been making we had to rethink the entire idea of "hand made". The term is thrown around a lot these days with the resurgence of Americana and American made products, many of which unfortunately are lower in quality than their Asian made counterparts.

Roy's jeans are made by one man, every aspect from the patterns to the leather patch starting out as a large piece of cowhide, Roy makes one pair at a time and nothing is automated. The studio where the jeans are made is filled with vintage pre-1960's machines by Union Special and Singer, the hardware is all made in Japan YKK, there are seven different thread types used, and the Roy signature on the pocket-bag is freehand chainstitched. We don't know of another jean available anywhere with this level of detail in the production.

We've produced a video showing off some of Roy's skills, it was difficult to show what takes two hours or more compressed into a three minute long video, but we hope you enjoy seeing a glimpse into the world of Roy.

Click the full-screen icon in the bottom right corner of the video for the full effect:

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=88

We're starting off this collection with two jeans. The RS1 is a straight leg fit and the RN1 is a narrow slim jean, both available in an unsanforized indigo selvedge denim. More to come in the future, even some tops.

These are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store, restocks will not come often with these.

Check the online store for hi-res photos and full spec lists on these jeans:

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=88

Roy's RS1 - Straight Leg Jean

RY_RSO1_01.jpg

Roy's RN1 - Slim Leg Jean

RY_RNO1_01.jpg

RY_RNO1_03.jpg

RY_RNO1_04.jpg

RY_RNO1_05.jpg

RY_RNO1_06.jpg

RY_DETAIL_06.jpg

RY_DETAIL_01.jpg

RY_DETAIL_03.jpg

RY_DETAIL_04.jpg

would you say its a true 47 cut on the straight one?

I'd compare the measurements here to the '47 which you think is truest to the original:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=88&products_id=620

[/left]

[/center]

How tall is this dude?

He's 7' tall and is wearing Iron Heart 634s jeans with a custom inseam of 43".

once again, buzz rickson is coming this week? if so, are you getting more stuff or just restock

if I return an online order, and I use my store credit at the LA store?

Check the PM i sent you.

no pics of the SExRRxFH jeans yet?

Photos should be up next week, release date is November 6th at all stores.

These are extremely limited and we won't be doing another run.