Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

^ thanks, should've read. can you give me an estimate when LA will do it so i can save up.

Starting October 20th.

can I mail a pair of 3sixteen+ back to selfedge for a chain-stitched hem or is this only available for walk-ins (live in Florida so thats not possible for me)?

We're currently only set up for walk-in hem orders.

Paid a visit to the NY store yesterday (already back in Chicago though) and paced around feeling up the products for maybe 20-30 min....Didn't get to chat to the guy that was working as there was some non-sufu/denim-head type filling up the fitting room and asking questions etc. but it was good seeing the store for the first time....Had on my FH World Tour t-shirt on and wanted to geek out but ended up having to leave so just wanted to say what's up to whoever was working yesterday!

Had on my FH World Tour t-shirt on and wanted to geek out but ended up having to leave so just wanted to say what's up to whoever was working yesterday!

That's a shame that, of all places where that shirt could go unnoticed, it happened at SENY!

I've yet to visit any of the SE stores, but I think that leaving without some sort of denim geek out session would be unsatisfying.

^ one time deal. and not like a one time, two delivery deal *SEXIH07(BK), but bada bing, bada boom. sorry dude, watch the supermarket and hope they're selling your size.

That's a shame that, of all places where that shirt could go unnoticed, it happened at SENY!

I've yet to visit any of the SE stores, but I think that leaving without some sort of denim geek out session would be unsatisfying.

I was wearing a standard FH Houndstooth (unbuttoned) and Sugarcane 1966's so the shirt might have been covered up a bit to be fair...Got an overload of denim geekery on at another nearby denim retailer so I guess it balanced out! Of course, if it were SESF it would be a whole different story!

I was wearing a standard FH Houndstooth (unbuttoned) and Sugarcane 1966's so the shirt might have been covered up a bit to be fair...Got an overload of denim geekery on at another nearby denim retailer so I guess it balanced out! Of course, if it were SESF it would be a whole different story!

Sorry that you didn't get to chat it up with Thomas yesterday - the shop was pretty busy and like you mentioned, there are times when we have newer customers who have a lot of questions. Still, we want visiting Self Edge to be a great experience for all, especially those who have been supporting us for a long time. Hopefully we get to see you again soon.

Is there going to be a new shipment on the 20+BSP? I was going to place my order when I got home but they ran out of my size ):

Not for a long while, at least two months.

But i would check to see if SELA or SENY has it in stock, you can always place a phone order and shipping is still free.

Not for a long while, at least two months.

But i would check to see if SELA or SENY has it in stock, you can always place a phone order and shipping is still free.

Kiya, pardon my ignorance. I have always found it weird you don't have all 3 stores linked up when it comes to stock on hand. What I mean is to have one website that shows all stores inventory. So when someone buys that last pair of say SEXIH07s, then an email is sent to that store that has them, they ship. If there are 2 stores that have that item, then the one closer to the buyer automatically receives the shipping notice. I'm sure (obviously) you have/do think about this, not sure why you haven't implemented it, apart from of course your busy schedule and most recently, surgery. Hope you are feeling like top shit now though.

That is far easier said than done.

No matter if the business is a small family run operation (like us) or a big mega corporation (like Best Buy) what you're suggesting is very hard.

Even a company like J.Crew or Best Buy can't do this, they have one or multiple shipping fulfillment centers and if the center is sold out you can't buy the product, but you can go into one of their stores to buy it.

It goes beyond the logistics of just adding product to the online store from another location, trust me, i wish it was simpler.

We do our best to make sure the phone order process is as simple and quick as possible, and each store is on AIM if you don't want to call under SelfEdgeNY and SelfEdgeLA.

We just received large restocks from 3sixteen, Imperial, and Real Japan Blues in our online store for those waiting for a certain size:

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/

We just received large restocks from 3sixteen, Imperial, and Real Japan Blues in our online store for those waiting for a certain size:

https://www.selfedge.com/shop/

wow superthanks

(pardon me to be a superlazy but how do you size RJB? i am sizing one down on warehouse and TTS on MF and +1 on strikes) my guess would be to go TTS

i am waiting for an RJB 105bsp for so long .....

wow superthanks

(pardon me to be a superlazy but how do you size RJB? i am sizing one down on warehouse and TTS on MF and +1 on strikes) my guess would be to go TTS

i am waiting for an RJB 105bsp for so long .....

Go true to size, they shrink to the tagged size.

That is far easier said than done.

No matter if the business is a small family run operation (like us) or a big mega corporation (like Best Buy) what you're suggesting is very hard.

Even a company like J.Crew or Best Buy can't do this, they have one or multiple shipping fulfillment centers and if the center is sold out you can't buy the product, but you can go into one of their stores to buy it.

It goes beyond the logistics of just adding product to the online store from another location, trust me, i wish it was simpler.

We do our best to make sure the phone order process is as simple and quick as possible, and each store is on AIM if you don't want to call under SelfEdgeNY and SelfEdgeLA.

Here is a recent article from the New York Times about how Nordstrom is able to do what Cents of Non Cents wants SE to be able to do. But Nordstrom seems to be the only store in the country with this ability.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/24/business/24shop.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=nordstrom%20inventory&st=cse

Here is a recent article from the New York Times about how Nordstrom is able to do what Cents of Non Cents wants SE to be able to do. But Nordstrom seems to be the only store in the country with this ability.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/24/business/24shop.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=nordstrom%20inventory&st=cse

I appreciate the article, the thought of being anything like Nordstrom scares the shit outta me.

What about selfedge "door busters" for the day after thanksgiving. I could just see all the slim jean hipsters lined up around the corner. It would be pure madness.

Keeping track of one store's inventory is already difficult, but to add in online sales and then more stores. That is one big fucking headache.

Who wants to meet me at SENY on the afternoon of the 20th???

I'M COMING TO AMERICA! WOOOOO! I'm gonna eat the shit outta so much food-with-flavor and drink the shit outta so much beer-that-tastes-like-beer! EEEEE!!