Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

I'm almost sure kiya was being facetious with that comment, especially with the way the SENY guys responded.

Anyway, I was about to drop by the store today, but I didn't for some reason. It would have been pretty awesome to have been there while Paul Smith was there.

3 Sixteen jean restock at Self Edge San Francisco. Stock is up to date online as well.

hey kiya, remember the ironheart superblack rider's jacket that i always tried on?

i'm trying to decide on the size because the 36 was decent but i might wear it with a sweater underneath cause it's cold these days. would i be better off with 38?

Someone got the 36. Not sure if we are getting more any time soon.

hey kiya, remember the ironheart superblack rider's jacket that i always tried on?

i'm trying to decide on the size because the 36 was decent but i might wear it with a sweater underneath cause it's cold these days. would i be better off with 38?

You definitely need the 36 and we're getting more in two weeks, email me personally and i'll hook it up for you.

Full restock of 3sixteen jeans just came in including all straight leg and slim leg models:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=82

Kiya,

What is the slimmest jean you carry?

Ta

Iron Heart 301s

3sixteen ST-100x

Flat Head F310

Iron Heart SEXIH03

Imperial SEXI08

Those are the five slimmest with the ST-100x and 301s being the slimmest.

Some Self Edge press on newsstands this month... Here is Kiya in Complex Magazine with chocolate on his face. They asked him some pretty funny questions about denim.

kiya.jpg

And here is Self Edge New York featured in this month's Details Magazine. It's a two page spread about the best boutiques in the LES:

se_details.jpg

i still can't believe time out ny hasn't listed your store.

Some Self Edge press on newsstands this month... Here is Kiya in Complex Magazine with chocolate on his face. They asked him some pretty funny questions about denim.

kiya.jpg

I think Kiya missed the "affordable" part of that last question ;) Although I certainly don't dispute the quality of those brands, don't get me wrong. I'd love to see an article from Kiya or Gordon that delves deeply into what sets quality denim brands like those mentioned apart from mediocre denim, preferably in a major publication, so maybe people wouldn't think we're all crazy for spending $200-300 on one pair of jeans.

I've never understood the meaning of the word "affordable".

Here is Kiya in Complex Magazine with chocolate on his face.

lulz. chocolate jeans? You forgot to mention the combover.

They seriously should have just used a photo. Kiya's hotness just can't be expressed in paint.

For the record, here's the entire interview complete with a freaky painting of my wife too:

http://www.complex.com/blogs/2009/10/01/ask-a-denim-guru-kiya-babzani-of-self-edge/

imhim October 14, 2009 at 9:24 am

GREAT INFO! I ALWAYS TRY TO TELL DUDES THAT YOU HAVE TO ROCK STRAIGHT JEANS WITH SNEAKERS! IDK BOUT THE SKINNY JOINTS. NEVER HEARD OF WASHING YOUR JEANS IN THE OCEAN EITHER!!!! WHERE THEY DO THAT @?

I've also been wondering which ocean people take to wash their jeans?