Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

kiya,

what is the overall slimmest model you carry? i mean ball crushing slim. i can't tell the difference between quarters of an inch without seeing the jeans in person.

I'd say either 3sixteen's ST-100x or Iron Heart's 301s or 9301.

They're not ball crushing, but they're both damn slim.

Speaking of Flat Head, will the Brando jean be part of the fall collection?

Well, not necessarily part of the collection, but will it arrive with the rest of the stuff?

I love that movie...I don't have a motorcycle but I'll take any opportunity to be vintage Brando...

Speaking of Flat Head, will the Brando jean be part of the fall collection?

Well, not necessarily part of the collection, but will it arrive with the rest of the stuff?

I love that movie...I don't have a motorcycle but I'll take any opportunity to be vintage Brando...

That jean is a far ways off, not till sometime next year..

Fulfill all your motorcycle needs with the Fall Mister Freedom collection.

Hey kiya, do you have pictures of those loved jeans you have framed in the store handy somewhere?

I don't, but if you search in the old Sufu party photo threads you'll see quite a few photos of the store.

Flat Head Wabash Collection & Dual Ring Bracelets

One of the items we were most excited about last fall when we saw what new fabrics Flat Head had worked on for 2009 was this wabash denim they showed us... Many companies do a wabash fabric and Flat Head has really impressed us with how well they've done their version.

Flat Head has produced a soft and very wearable fabric that's been discharged with the micro-dot pattern that's commonly seen on wabash fabrics, definitely one of those rare shirts that must be seen in person to fully appreciate how great the fabric is. This is pure indigo dyed denim that's been washed once to get the shrinking out and also to soften it up a bit to make it easily wearable. A very comfortable shirt that will age very well, and will crock a bit at first due to the core dyed yarn using to produce the base denim.

The wabash fabric is available in a snap button long sleeve shirt and also a vintage style coverall. Both come across as solid releases from Flat Head, we'd been waiting for the next perfect shirt that'd age well from them, this is it.

Also from Flat Head we've gotten some solid bracelets made of cowhide, sterling silver rings, and a pig-skin lined inner, available in black or tan.

Coverall modeled by kixslf, shirt modeled by Wesley Pipes, bracelets modeled by SidneyLo's wrists.

We also received a small restock of some of the jeans from Flat Head, tan belts, tan woven leather wallet chains, black cordovan card cases, and the Hickory Stripe Workshirt:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68

fh_jacket_01_web-708154.jpg

fh_jacket_04_web-781429.jpg

fh_jacket_06_web-776761.jpg

fh_shirt_01_web-781371.jpg

fh_shirt_02_web-751979.jpg

fh_shirt_04_web-751904.jpg

fh_shirt_05_web-776829.jpg

fh_bracelet_web-731863.jpg

hey kiya, just wondering if you guys do any tapering alterations? (esp on the inseam to keep the selvage edge)

We don't taper.

Mine has the start of some wear, but it's currently being shipped to me, was in Japan since Nov.

I'll see if there's something that shows up on pics once it's here again.

I've missed it quite a bit.

Show us when you have something to show!

around 7 wears after 1 wash

img2971t.jpg

img2928.jpg