Self Edge, SF/NY/LA/PDX - updates & info

kiya

i just ordered a pair today in sz 34. I sized up 2 sizes as says. hope that I got the right size instead of 33.

i'm not sure what the self edge staff recommends, but i would recommend (assuming they aren't tight or too snug) to give them a warm soak when you get them. that way the fading will start off right and there will be less shrinkage later.

i'm not sure what the self edge staff recommends, but i would recommend (assuming they aren't tight or too snug) to give them a warm soak when you get them. that way the fading will start off right and there will be less shrinkage later.

For sure. I want them to be a slimmer fit for me, so I was torn between the 33 and 34. May have a change of heart and switch sizes before shipping. But like you said, there's still shrinkage to take into account.

i would say it's safer to go for the larger size. they'll probably fit great after a soak, and then stretch out comfortably. if they stretch out too much, though, a hot soak down the road should tighten 'em up quite nicely. you've probably got an athletic build and you'll most likely appreciate the extra room in the waist, if the 34 is slightly loose.

--

on another note, looking at the measurements of the SE05BSP, it looks like the thigh is the only area of the jeans that is forgiving. i'm assuming this will change a bit after washes and soaks, as even a raw 28 has a thigh measurement (10.9") around what i'm used to.

A few things..

-I'm seeing people aren't understanding the sizing on the SE05BSP.. they run two sizes smaller than the rest of the regular Flat Head line-up, which means go UP two sizes

-Slim Iron Hearts are coming in December

-Buzz Rickson is being launched with a US Navy Chambray shirt this week with more products coming in every two weeks and a William Gibson release party (with the man himself) during the first week of November for the Buzz Rickson x William Gibson sneakers (brown or black, both in hi's and low's), and the Buzz Rickson x William Gibson x Headporter bag collection.

The Flat Head SE05BSP Slim Tapered Jean

We're happy to introduce Flat Head's newest cut, the SE05BSP. This jean is a slim tapered cut with a button fly. This is not to be confused with the SEXFH05, which was a modified 3001 cut. This is a completely new fit, not based on any previous models.

Indigo half-arcuates, button fly, 14.5oz Japanese Selvedge Denim, tapered leg, extra thick leather tag, and a slim fit round out this new jean from Flat Head.

With the SE05BSP the jean is perfect for those looking for a slim modern cut with a small leg opening.

These run about two sizes smaller than the rest of the Flat Head line-up, size up one or two sizes from your usual size depending on how slim you'd want them to be.

Check the online store for more information on the SE05BSP and more photos:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=338

sexfhbsp_01_web-750120.jpg

sexfhbsp_02_web-750138.jpg

sexfhbsp_04_web-711944.jpg

sexfhbsp_03_web-790072.jpg

Kiya, I noticed that in the description for SE05BSP and SEXFH05 it says the denim is rope dyed.

Is it only your collaboration Flatheads that are rope dyed? Is it the whole Flathead line?

And, them being rope dyed, does that imply that they hold their indigo a lot longer than the non rope dyed Flatheads?

I guess it would all depend on how many dips they get.

All of Flat Head's denim is rope dyed with the exception of one or two types used for a few of their jackets...

B.Son Fall goes up September 20th.

28 in SExSC02s = 29 in SE05BSP?

unfortunately the only chance ill get to be in SF might be in a month or so, i'll probably have to just order blindly :(

Sounds about right, yes.. for a super slim fit yes.

If you want some more room go for the 30.

Can anyone tell me whatever happened to the Patina Boots that were supposed to debut this summer. If the date was pushed back, I missed it, but does anyone know??

Distribution has been made for Japan, U.S. release has been changed to 'pending' as far as I know.

mmm i like my jeans like my women, tight :)

29s it is. i still feel like the thighs in my sexsc02s aren't that tight, and it looks like the se05bsp measurements are a bit looser on the thighs anyway

It's the waist measurement that is significantly smaller. Regardless of the thigh measurement, the waist is killer compared to the usual FH fit.

are the SE05BSP a limited adition or will they be a regular stocked item, if they are one off i may cop a pair for keeps later.

We're not sure yet.. there's a good chance this is the only run.

Size up one from your normal true waist (like FH3001) if you're hesitant. The same rules apply just make note the waist will feel a bit tighter than usual.

Sizing up two are for those who are less adventurous.

I would have gotten a size 29 (if I could of).

I'm normally a 29 in Dry Bones, 30 in Flat Head/Iron Heart/Sugar Cane/Skulls/Samurai..

I got a 32 in the SE05BSP and i'm finding it hard to go back to my regular jeans, i love the fit on these...