gap has raw, 'authentic japanese', selvedge jeans.

chris

While browsing for the Morrison jeans on the gap website I noticed this pair here:

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=7389&pid=445263

I like the fit of them (on the model) more than the Morrison. They also look like selvedge, although it only says "contrast trim at cuff" in the description. Anyone know anything about them? Is it possible that they're just imitation selvedge? I like how they don't have the fake wrinkling that is on the morrison pair.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While browsing for the Morrison jeans on the gap website I noticed this pair here:

I like the fit of them (on the model) more than the Morrison. They also look like selvedge, although it only says "contrast trim at cuff" in the description. Anyone know anything about them? Is it possible that they're just imitation selvedge? I like how they don't have the fake wrinkling that is on the morrison pair.

weird, i have no idea. the selvedge looks the same as the Goughs, but those change pockets are way different. definitely dont have those instore in portland atleast

weird, they're like the gough's except, coin pockets and back pockets are different... the selvege is... funky.

weird.

well GAP site is kinda messed up. their descriptions are always off... like the morrisons it says it's zipper fly. but it's actually button. anyways the goughs look similiar.

I picked up a pair of Gough today. The person at the counter gave me the 30% discount even though I didnt have a card.

The Goughs are straight fit, medium width. I would compare them to APC Rescue in terms of cut. The pockets are strange though, if you aren't down with that then you aren't down with it. And they are definitely ODing on the selvage, but hell who sees that except for your mom. For $50 ($15 more than Sears Levis STF) I think they are a decent bargain. They are measured stupidly though, my 30x32 are at 33-34 in at the inseam. I dunno if they are predicting they will shrink 2 inches when you wash, or predicting you are a doob and wanna cuff. I would have bought 30x30, they didnt have it.

They have morrisons at my nearest gap for full price $99, rainbow selvage and slight taper from what I could tell. They reminded me a lot of Earnest Sewn Fulton/Filson. Even down to the finish. Are they implying that they copied the Scott Morrison design?

I dunno what the third selvage jean on the site is. I'm ordering it now with free ship and 30% discount. I can report when I receive them.

Does anyone have these yet...?

Tell me about them i'm curious...

I just got them in the mail yesterday. Denim looks/feels nice. Nice rigidity. Love the color. I lke the Gap straight fit...fits my body well.

While the website just says high quality denim and makes no mention of selvage, the selvage seams are just like the $98 morrisons.

I had a 30% off coupon thanks to Zelah, so I scored them for just 48.

Joe

How do they fit compared to the morrisons?

Are they tight through the thigh?

How big is the leg opening?

My Morrisons in the same size are definitely looser in the waist (maybe 1-1.5 inches), tighter in the thigh and have a more narrow leg opening.

(I am comparing to the $58 "pigment dip" Morrisons)

Sorry about the repost; But I think one is in order. I went to the gap today and purchased a pair of these. They due, as stated previously have a definite sheen and thick consistancy. When rubbed, these "authentic japanese denim" jeans leave indigo marks. I'll update as I get to beat them around, but for now the fit of a 29/32 is a little snug in the crotch but perfect in the legs and feels promising.

I just got them in the mail yesterday. Denim looks/feels nice. Nice rigidity. Love the color. I lke the Gap straight fit...fits my body well.

While the website just says high quality denim and makes no mention of selvage, the selvage seams are just like the $98 morrisons.

I had a 30% off coupon thanks to Zelah, so I scored them for just 48.

Joe

id love to see pictures of what these jeans look like in comparison to my Goughs... also did these have the colorful pockets like the 498 Morrisons or just plain pockets just like the Goughs?