gap has raw, 'authentic japanese', selvedge jeans.

chris

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ughhh, zipper fly.

despite what it says on the site none of the gap selvedge is zipper fly. they are all button fly.

i was wandering the mall today and fell in.

they have a slim jean the "morrison" with some preset creases that have a funky selvedge. the fit is ok. wish it was slimmer froem the knee down.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=16127&pid=408895

then they have the slim (red) jeans with lots of distressing which have pretty nice greencast japanese denim with a traditional, but very narrow red line selvedge (like apc) and kinda bizarro details. the (red) indigo t looks nice though

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=20859&pid=468098

now they have the "gough" which is a low rise straight fit that does not taper and is fairly loose (kinda apc rescue ish) with no distressing, two coin pockets (very well done) and is med weight japanese redline selvedge. the denim and details are nice but the cut is pretty meh. they are not on the site yet.

I checked out all of them today at the GAP in Toronto. The Gough raw jean is like a rescue.. The denim is from Macau and it's like apc but a little slubbier.. Maybe closer to a RRDS. The pair they have with they aids red campaign are pretty nice denim. African cotton narrow spun in Japan with a thin red line selvage, and pretty slubby. I liked the denim itself, however the fit (other than a nice tapered leg) was pretty ill. The waist is made for the average atheletic build, ie. lots of hip room. Too much for my tastes. It was weird to have such a weird waist/hip/thigh fit combined with a nice slim tapered leg. They are distressed, and were 295 CAN. The Goughs were only 98 bucks.. a solid deal IMO and worth checking out.

They are made in Macau. the denim is certainly not from macau, it's japanese.

Here are some pics i took of the gough jeans.

gap%20003%20%28small%29.jpg

gap%20007%20%28small%29.jpg

I tried these on recently, and I think that I like the tapered Morrison better. The Gough was a little too wide-legged for me. And the worse, for me, was the back pockets. They are narrow and tall, and sit weird. Too bad, the denim is very nice.

I tried on a pair at the SF store, and found the fit larger than the tagged size. The 28x30 pair I tried fit more like a 30x32. My friend who tried on a 30x32 found it to fit more like a 32x34. I'm starting to wonder if these are meant to shrink down, as the actual sizing seems to be +2 from the tagged size (for both inseam and waist).

I just bought a pair of the Gap Gough Selvage Rinsed Jeans. Ive had them a week, but I've worn them everyday after work and all weekend. I am a larger athletic build guy and I like the way these fit. Most slim fit selvage (dry or rinse) jeans are way too tight on my legs. These fit just right. I usually buy a 36X32, but I was able to buy a 35X30 in the Gough which fit correctly. This is my first selvage dry denim and I got them for $89.85 after taxes. Gap was having a sale. I suspect these will fade nicely and will yeild a decent result. I am going to play the "no wash" game for awhile and see how that goes.

i was at the mall and i took some quick cell phone pics, i'll put them up when i get back to my room and get my data cable to get them off my phone. they fit pretty nice on me (i have large thighs, most jeans fit too tight). i was very suprised at the quality of them.

i went to the mall and picked up a pair of these as my first pair of japanese selvedge

denim. ill post pics of me actually wearing them tomorrow when the light is better. Like everyone has been saying, they fit quite big and i had to size down. Id say the fit after i sized down was like a modern 501 STF but just a TAD wider.

i went to the mall and picked up a pair of these as my first pair of japanese selvedge

denim. ill post pics of me actually wearing them tomorrow when the light is better. Like everyone has been saying, they fit quite big and i had to size down. Id say the fit after i sized down was like a modern 501 STF but just a TAD wider.

congrat for the first post!!! i would love to see the pic

I was wondering if anyone would like to see the gap goughs (1 month wear, no wash) on me. I know it is WAY to early to show any wear, but I could show the fit. I also had to size down.

I tried a pair of these out a few weeks back. as everyone has said they are a bit loose. but if thats your thing they could work.

they seem like they might hold up well and after some wear they could turn out nice but unless you get some sort of employee discount or wait to get them at the outlet your better off buying something better for a few extra dollars.

or just do what I do and frankenstein some 517s.

explain the verb "frankenstein" -- used in a sentence... "do what I do and frankenstein some 517s."

btw - I like raw 517s, if they only had buttons instead of a zipper...

frankenstein- to chop and or sew up to make new or different.

"that is a nice shirt. the fit is poor. I will frankenstien it into a better shirt. "

the legs on 517s are horrid these days so I taper them. not really much of a hack and tack job but its mild fankenstiening.