gap has raw, 'authentic japanese', selvedge jeans.

chris

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got around to snatching up a pair of the Morrisons. I am a true 33 waist and got them in 30. These are only a tiny bit tighter than I like, but still pretty nice. I suspect they will stretch out to perfection. I tried the hot iron trick, but there are still traces of the fake creases. Not bad for a little over 20 bucks.

I finally got around to snatching up a pair of the Morrisons. I am a true 33 waist and got them in 30. These are only a tiny bit tighter than I like, but still pretty nice. I suspect they will stretch out to perfection. I tried the hot iron trick, but there are still traces of the fake creases. Not bad for a little over 20 bucks.

You got the morrisons for a little over 20 bucks? What Gap did you get it from? I might have to order form there

Do they still have 31/30's? I didn't know the morrisons were still on sale.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6998&pid=408895&vid=1

ur talking about these right?

You got the morrisons for a little over 20 bucks? What Gap did you get it from? I might have to order form there

Do they still have 31/30's? I didn't know the morrisons were still on sale.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=6998&pid=408895&vid=1

ur talking about these right?

Not exactly what your looking for, but a little hem job and some stretch and they could work out for you

http://cgi.ebay.com/GAP-Selvage-selvedge-one-wash-raw-Jeans-30-x-34_W0QQitemZ260080836991QQihZ016QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

My Goughs came in today. I can't believe these are $9.97 jeans! So cool! I'm gonna wear them until Saturday then hot soak them cuz I don't want to cuff them.

I have a feeling my Begins are gonna hang just like my Bunkhouse 501s until I break these in. I want to make some whiskers, honecombs, and fades damnit! Hell, I'm even leaving my wallet and phone in my back pockets when I sit down so I can get that cool outline.

I've never broken in a pair of jeans before... I'm such a geek...

hey guys, ive been a lurker here for awhile, just finally registered, but that aside. My friend who works at gap got me a deal on some straight leg 1969s 28x30, just finished soaking them and I'm wearing them dry right now, I'm excited because it's my first pair of raw/indigo dyed/whatever jeans and I'm ready to experiment. Anyways the fit seems pretty good to me, I'm 5' 9" 130 lbs, just a tad bit on the long side. I'll get some pics up in a bit.

edit: pics:

senior002.jpg

senior005.jpg

senior007.jpg

senior003.jpg

hey guys, ive been a lurker here for awhile, just finally registered, but that aside. My friend who works at gap got me a deal on some straight leg 1969s 28x30, just finished soaking them and I'm wearing them dry right now, I'm excited because it's my first pair of raw/indigo dyed/whatever jeans and I'm ready to experiment. Anyways the fit seems pretty good to me, I'm 5' 9" 130 lbs, just a tad bit on the long side. I'll get some pics up in a bit.

Welcome brah! The Goughs I got today are my first raw jean too.

Which ones are the 1969s? Did they shrink at all when you soaked them? If they're still too long, do a hot soak for a few hours, most people here have seen 2" - 3" shrinkage in length for the Goughs after a hot soak.

Welcome brah! The Goughs I got today are my first raw jean too.

Which ones are the 1969s? Did they shrink at all when you soaked them? If they're still too long, do a hot soak for a few hours, most people here have seen 2" - 3" shrinkage in length for the Goughs after a hot soak.

the 1969s are the kind of slim straight leg ones i beleive. I hot soaked em for 3 hours, changing the water halfway through, they are almost dry now

Man I love these Goughs! I hot soaked them for 2hrs (no changing water) then hand washed them with peppermint Dr. Bronner's and drip dried. When they were damp but no longer dripping I put them on and did some squats. Then I hung them up to dry over night.

They shrunk 2" or so (had around around a 2" cuff before I soaked them) to a PERFECT fit in length. No need to cuff them anymore! The waist barely shrunk and has since stretched out nicely in 2 hours of wearing them.

I'm gonna wear these every day until I break them in.

• 5 months later...

Picked up a pair of Gap's new Morrisons at my local shithole mall today...

These are totally raw without any distressing whatsoever. They aren't selvedge, which sucks, don't have the crotch rivet (which I thought was kind of cool), don't have the angel fabric details, which is no big deal.

The quality isn't great, naturally, but they are pretty cheap.

The fit is pretty damn good imo. Since I discovered raw denim, it has been my pair of Morrisons and my Dukes that have fit me best, and I've owned quite a bit of jeans.

• 2 weeks later...
I got a pair of in march and wore them every day, no wash, i bought ggy, i'm 33/32 bought a 34/34, starched a handful of times since owning them. probably hot soak them soon, ill take some pics for sure.

im excited to see what they look like. would you recommend me starch my morrisons?

i think i just bought these for 14.99. gap 1969? they dont fit all too perfect but they'd make a good dress jean. im thinking about starching them as well.

when i asked the salesman if they were raw, or one wash, or what kind of denim, or if it was a real selvedge, or if they would shrink, he had no clue at all what i was talking about. told me "we haven't had any returned, so they probably don't shrink". gotta love the mall

14.99 they cant be raw. the two women at the gap i was at knew more about raw denim then the guy in the denim department at bloomingdales, he thought dry denim was a brand.

there was some inconclusive debate whether the morrison selvage were raw or not. It doesn't make much difference. They look one-soaked, but maybe not. they certainly aren't processed or precreased

ahhhh not in my mall sucka.. They have new Willumsburg japanese selvedge, small yellow selvedge really nice denim, hidden rivets ont he coin pocket not on the rear pockets though. Really good fit cut on the slim side nice dark one washed indigo which looks as though it will fade beautifully. I keep putting them down because I have waaaaay to many jeans right now. They are 78 dollars though and kept in the workwear area with the Khakis and dress shirts for some reason.

i just saw these for 15 bucks as well. to bad the fit is way to loose for my liking.

have you seen the new morrison raw "indigo dyed"

the fit is amazing. its almost in between 19 and 21cm.

so 20? and the leg is tapered.

no headstart on honeycombs.

hey, its not selvedge.. but wtf.. at 60 dollars.. who cares. they are a lot nicer than my 501' stf.