favorite video game of ALL time

kyle*

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone knows the best game ever made was PLANESCAPE: TORMENT

Maybe not the most fun gameplay wise but I've never met somone who's played it and wasn't changed, challenged, moved and stunned by it.

The only other games that I can say shook me as much as that are the very recent PS3 game "Journey" an absolutely fantastic downloadable game with no enemies and nothing trying to kill you just a beautiful and haunting experience. Especially when you meet a fellow wanderer and you develop a strange nonverbal rapport and synch up wavelengths and somehow learn to express feeling and ideas through just your actions and "song".

Crazy ass game

I also like shooting stuff.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• the legend of zelda: ocarina of time, links awakening - (my first zelda game. great music, characters, story. holds a warm place in my heart), a link to the past, oracle of ages, oracle of seasons, wind waker, twilight princess
  • metal gear solid: 1, 2, 3, 4,
  • chrono: cross, trigger
  • final fantasy: 7, 8, 9, - (beat each of them twice), legend 2
  • pokemon: red, blue - (caught/traded/evolved to acquire all 152 pokemon and became a pokemon master), silver, gold, crystal, yellow

goddamn i miss playing video games. specially rpg's. hours after hours, some of the best times of my life. :(

Edited by darkknight

Parasite Eve 1&2

Vagrant story = favorite game ever

Tenchu 1&2

MGS

Resident Evil

FF IX

Baldur's gate

Starcraft

Warcraft III

Commando II & III

Bonus : Natural selection, Medievil, Zone of the enders/onimusha, Half-life, Dino crysis.

Needless to say I still have all the cds for these.

Edited by Dropt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Tales of Symphonia- Played the whole game through co-op with childhood friends (anyone remember how two gamecube discs of content was a big deal?)

Kingdom Hearts- an incredible game about growing up with all the characters you grew up with.

Okami- one of the best uses of an art style in video game history.

Super Smash Brother Melee- Don't even mention brawl. This game is so clearly superior.