hot spots in boston?

TripLeNySouL

yes, twisted village is the best record store on the east coast. as far as shopping for clothes, cambridge sucks. if you want to shop you'll want to go to newbury street/back bay, which has barneys, alan bilzerian (ccp, m.a+, margiela, cdiem, undercover, etc...), stels, bodega (sneakers/streetwear).

boston definitely is nothing compared to nyc, LA, etc., but it just recently started to pop up with a lot more streetwear stores. i'll just summarize all the shops mentioned in this thread and add several more

Streetwear Stores

Bodega (one of the best streetwear stores in boston; carries brands like Headporter, Idiom, Nike account, Penfield, Staple, 10 Deep, Orisue, Alife, etc)

Karmaloop

AWOL (carries the hype brands like 10 Deep, Crooks&Castles, Orisue, Triumvir, etc)

Re-up (very nice store; carries Staple, FHI, 3Sixteen, Futura, Penfield, etc)

Concepts (opening up their new store soon)

Lab (carries toys, crooks&castels, hellz belz, stussy, etc)

Relic (new higher streetwear store under Riccardi - owned by same people, carry BBC, Prada, Subscript, Y-3, Diesel, Maharishi)

Higher Fashion

Louis

Stel's

Riccardi

I've bought a really awesome pair of Reiss suede Chelsea boots at the Reiss store on Newbury, although to be honest the rest of the store sucked.

Anyone know of a good barber in Boston?

This place looks great http://statestreetbarbers.com/e-OurStory.aspx?l=2

Unfortunately they charge $34 for a cut, which includes a bunch of crap I don't need (shampoo, massage, drink).

Any good barbers that charge around $20? Hot lather straight edge finishing is a must.

Um the site says $24 a haircut.

boston definitely is nothing compared to nyc, LA, etc., but it just recently started to pop up with a lot more streetwear stores. i'll just summarize all the shops mentioned in this thread and add several more

Streetwear Stores

Bodega (one of the best streetwear stores in boston; carries brands like Headporter, Idiom, Nike account, Penfield, Staple, 10 Deep, Orisue, Alife, etc)

Karmaloop

AWOL (carries the hype brands like 10 Deep, Crooks&Castles, Orisue, Triumvir, etc)

Re-up (very nice store; carries Staple, FHI, 3Sixteen, Futura, Penfield, etc)

Concepts (opening up their new store soon)

Lab (carries toys, crooks&castels, hellz belz, stussy, etc)

Relic (new higher streetwear store under Riccardi - owned by same people, carry BBC, Prada, Subscript, Y-3, Diesel, Maharishi)

Higher Fashion

Louis

Stel's

Riccardi

DON'T FORGET THESE SPOTS

Boston

Technical (only skate shop on newbury st. no nike sb)

Johnny Cupcakes ( newbury st.)

Barbour Not too High end(newbury st. & faneuil hall) I love their coats and hats

Uniform (Tremont st. mens store Pengiun clothes,kicks,cologne& manbags)

Roxbury(the hood)

Alpha Omega (great kicks&alot of retro stuff and clothes) in Roxbury not a dangerous area...just right on the Silver Line

Downtown Boston

True East (great lil skate shop)

Expressions (great kicks)

City Sports (check the basement out) sleeper for kicks and clothes and sports gear

FootPath (sleeper)

Manahattans (cool kicks like the same creative recreation boots I've seen in Relic)

H&M (I love their accessories,hoodies,sweaters and hats)

Urban Outfitters (located in Faneuil hall, Cambridge,Newbury st.)

The Den (across the street from AWOL in Allston)

Cambridge

The Attic(in central square)

Newbury Comics (in The Garage)Vinyl toys,Dvd,Comic books,Music,games,T-shirts&hats.

Hootenannys (great sleeper for clothes,hats and kicks owned by Newbury Comics) located in the Garage

Proletariat (in the Garage) great t-shirts and retro clotes and great graff supplies.

Tokyo Kid (in the Garage)Great Anime toys and Dvd's

i think my brother is working at bodega p/t...so if you see a dude that looks like me only 11 years younger, tell him your down with sleazie and he'll likely respond "who the fuck is that?!" but seriously, if you see him, tell him to sag his jeans a bit or else they look whack.

Who's your brother?