hot spots in boston?

TripLeNySouL

Unfortunately, theres not much in Boston. Concepts in harvard square has nike, stussy, mhi, but they over charge like crazy because they are the only Boston Nike SB account. The adidas store on Mass ave. in Cambridge is hot, on Newbury check out Stels (has APC) and Riccardi (Evisu, Helmut Lang) Anyone out there with some money to invest, Boston is begging for a hot store.

IDonTcare

i agree boston does need a dope spot. but at the same time i dont know how well at store like that would do. i mean concept did mhi one true saxon etc for a bit and no one bought it. i dont even bother going to concepts anymore. there account seems to be fading and fading they dont ever have anything good. when they do its ebay prices.

if your in boston check out live music. thats the best part of boston. theres always at least one solid show at the middle east every week. if your in on a tuesday go to matt murphys in brookline. my favorite night in boston in my humble opinon. solid beers on tap and ill free music. just grab a copy of the phoenix or dig and see whats up that week.

if your looking to buy music go into harvard square and checkout twisted village. good import prices and some rare vinyl. undergroundhiphop is opening their flagship store in boston on april 1st right where mass ave and huntington meet.

if you got any questions feel free to hit me up.

Yo Middlesex or the Enormous Room are the 2 spots to chill at night, depending on what kind of music u are into (let me know). They are upscale with no dress code and a refreshing lack of wack college kids.

http://www.middlesexlounge.com

http://www.enormous.tv

Definitely check out Stel's on Newbury for clothes. There are lots of good restaurants too- try Giacomo's in the South End for killer Italian seafood pasta dishes, Delux in the South End too has the look and drink prices of a rocker dive bar yet the food is really high quality and tasty.

There is a great vintage store called Proletariat around Harvard Square also. I think it's on JFK street.

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666" (Rev. 13:16-18).

wow thanks guys for the detailed recommendations! icon_smile.gif

i'll definitely go to those places that you guys recommended but just one more question, besides going around with a car, can u get to those spots with public transportation? sorry, im like clueless about the boston transportation system and i would like to know if there's any other ways of going around these places without a car. Again, thanks a lot!

Just wanted to mention, you might also try the The Tannery. It focuses more on outdoor/hiking shoes, but they have some interesting stuff sometimes (http://www.thetannery.com)

Also for public transport, the T (which is their Metro system) is actually pretty good. There's a metro stop right by the shopping area of Newbury st., plus one in Harvard Square, etc. So it'll take you to the shops that have been mentioned.

[url=" http://www.jargol.com"] <a href="http://www.jargol.com" target="_blank">http://www.jargol.com</a>

jargolara - Concepts is in back of the tannery in harvard square. You have to go downstairs to the Tannery and all the way back to Concepts. Concepts used to be more of a really hot skateshop, but the main dude left and started Rival in NYC with Vin Ponte. Now theres some white dude trying to be black running the place into the ground. They just got some big RBK account. They used to have a tight little scene and it was definately a hot spot, now its a bunch of wanna be thugs and they don't even have skate shoes anymore. It's depressing.

IDonTcare

guess all those who don't know boston are forgetting dorchester, roxbury and downtown crossing . . .

sneaker spots, threads, more thug than streetwear vibe all around. watch your ass though, the city isn't as gentrified as nyc. you could find yourself in a very unsafe spot while looking for a new pair of kicks.

Oh please, why does everyone front like Boston is real dangerous.

Its the most cracker ass city ever. What a joke.

"He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666" (Rev. 13:16-18).

• 2 years later...
I heard good things about Bodega, but judging from the past few posts I take it that I have been misinformed?

There's a small chunk of my heart invested in that store, so I may not be the best for an unbiased run-down, but the layout itself is _fun_ to check out. I also haven't been there for over six months, so it could very well be lackluster. But, If you're near Newbury St, you might as well take a walk over since it's about five minutes from the far end (where Best Buy and Urban Outfitters are).

I grew up in Boston and it's true that there's really nothing there. We do have a few great thrift stores though -- the Boomerangs warehouse in Jamaica Plain, Garment District in Cambridge, among others.

:/ That's why I left.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm from Boston and I've never really liked shopping on newbury street, I find most or all of the places there (mentioned in this thread or otherwise) are pretentious with almost nothing good to show for it. Cambridge is a much better place to find what you're looking for.