How do these fit me? opinions please.

ddong88

i don't see why everyone's all het up...

i think they look fine. maybe hem them a little if you want to?

keep in mind that they're brand new, and as you wear them they'll stretch, form to your body and drape more naturally -- i don't think stiff, heavy japanese denim looks good on nearly anyone until it's been worn a few times...

I don't think they fit particularly flatteringly right now. But I agree with what snugglepony said, especially since they don't look too absurdly tight. If you can button them up, they're fine. I say wear 'em in. They'll stretch and soften up and probably look great in a few weeks.

i've never seen eternals fit like that. Do you mind saying height/weight/size?

Im 5'9 155 I guess im kind of heavy compared to this board's standards. These are eternal 811 size 32, i think i should have gotten 34's.

Im trying to sell these or trade these now..(up in the marketplace)

I honestly think they fit perfect ,, have you soakd yet though ?

How do they FEEL ?

These came in a one wash state. They feel pretty tight, at first i could not get the top 2 buttons up, but 2nd try i got them to button.

Im getting confused, some people say that they are hideous on me and that i should "burn" them, and some people say that they are perfect and will form more around my body. :confused:

they are being melodramatic. They don't look terrible, although if 32 is your true waist i would assume you didn't read the thread on the eternals. They definitely run a little small, however they do stretch a little. I would say 34 may be a good call. As you wear them, they will definitely drape better and stuff too. If you can deal with the waist for a little until it stretches, i would say there would be no problem keeping the ones you have. For reference though, i also have a size 32 and they fit perfect, and i am 6 foot, 140 pounds.

If you need convincing to keep them, get rid of them. You made this thread and they are already up on marketplace, so just go ahead and do it.

I had a pair of jeans earlier this year that I thought were too tight. Got rid of them the next day :P Its too bad BiG doesn't carry Eternal.

ask for an opinion and you'll get 100 more than you asked for...Let me try to be as neutral and specific and constructive as I can -- At 5'9" 155lbs, you are perfectly normal as far as statistics and health is concerned (BMI of 23). However those are mere numbers. What matters is how those numbers are distributed. The shape and girth of your hips and length of your legs DO NOT fit those jeans. Now I know new jeans are supposed to stretch out and settle down to your body shape but I dont think these will go in the right direction. The tight hips will only expand them in that area, it won't change the fact that you don't have the slim waist and butt and having a looser fit in the hips after a few weeks of wear isn't going to change the lines of your silhouette. Your calves do not look too thick so I doubt there will be that much stretch there to even out the stretch in your hips. In a few weeks I'd be worried that they don't look more tapered with your hips stretched out but your inseam unchanged. I would definitely try to exchange them for a larger size. Look for jeans that are straightleg at best, no tapered jeans for you or risk looking even shorter.

i have a very similar bodytype to you (thick thighs) so let me tell you how i expect the stretching will go...they dont look unacceptable now, but they will stretch, and then you will look like you have birthing hips. not fresh. i say go for a different cut altogether, something not tapered.

but the most important thing, as someone else said, is that you are having doubts. in my opinion your gut is the best judge of how clothes look. if you dont look at yourself and think 'this is exactly what i wanted', ditch the shit and keep searching.

i think they look like the pair that im wearing except mine look tighter in the hips and ive stretched the ass out some, mine are samurai though. give it some time, but it already sounds like youve given up on them so get what you want.

Im 5'9 155 I guess im kind of heavy compared to this board's standards. These are eternal 811 size 32, i think i should have gotten 34's.

wow, understatement of the day. slap on another 50lbs and then you can qualify as "heavy" but 155 is near the board's average im thinking, anyways if youre comfortable (mind & body) wear em. lifes too short to wear jeans you dont feel like struttin in.

Besides the fact that if you're not skinny and borderline anorexic you have no business wearing tight jeans or slim cuts ..

I'm 6'1 228 pounds and have a true 39 waist and I'm not a bit of fat ... Some 38 cuts fit me some don't ..

Imagine how my jeans look on me ..

ask for an opinion and you'll get 100 more than you asked for...Let me try to be as neutral and specific and constructive as I can -- At 5'9" 155lbs, you are perfectly normal as far as statistics and health is concerned (BMI of 23). However those are mere numbers. What matters is how those numbers are distributed. The shape and girth of your hips and length of your legs DO NOT fit those jeans. Now I know new jeans are supposed to stretch out and settle down to your body shape but I dont think these will go in the right direction. The tight hips will only expand them in that area, it won't change the fact that you don't have the slim waist and butt and having a looser fit in the hips after a few weeks of wear isn't going to change the lines of your silhouette. Your calves do not look too thick so I doubt there will be that much stretch there to even out the stretch in your hips. In a few weeks I'd be worried that they don't look more tapered with your hips stretched out but your inseam unchanged. I would definitely try to exchange them for a larger size. Look for jeans that are straightleg at best, no tapered jeans for you or risk looking even shorter.

I agree with shinobi. I am 'bout 5'9" too, but waaaay fatter than you, and I always go for a looser fit. Looks better and feels better too, IMO. Rise also looks a bit low, so maybe going for a higher rise can help too.

And to clarify - I think they will look better once you wear them a week or two ( 7-14 days ) so that become better suited to fit you ..

I had a pair of w38 gap 1969 that fit me JUST like that and wore them 3 weeks straight minus weekends and they have really shaped up and stretched on my hips , my crotch and my legs ..

That's why I asked if you soaked them ( then wore them while damp ) denim stretches lots better when wet ..

Don't be scared - they wont get ridiculously baggy or anything .

They won't be YOUR jeans until they conform to your body man ...

Im trying to sell these or trade these now..(up in the marketplace)

if the waist fits you I wouldn't suggest sizing up, they'd just end up loose at the waist after stretching.

wear em dude, they'll stretch and look fine. they really just look like normal jeans right now. my eternals tigers went from a measureed 27.9 to a little bigger than a 30 and really fit pretty normal rather than slim.

considering they are one-wash and that they are eternal 811s (slim fit), i think that's how they are supposed to look on you at this stage. they are going to stretch and will become more and more comfortable as you keep wearing them.

if you aren't liking what you're seeing, you might want to look into a different model. there are plenty of great jeans out there right now and they come in a variety of material/style/fit.