APC denim

Geowu

My rescues came today and WOW these are nice! I am happy to say that this thread was instrumental in how I went with the cut and size I chose ( I do have to 2 3/4" turn-up ). I wear a 33 usually in diesels (by the way are all going bye bye on ebay) and ordered 31 in the rescue that fit perfectly and don't plan on machine washing them. I like the little "information" card that came in the back pocket with the "denim washing recipes" -

A question I have is - what are people ideas/thoughts on a hot shower or tub soak with the jeans on? Is that a denim no no? Would that make them "form fit"? or should I just leave them be? Anyone?

603935_m.JPG

"Today's peacock tomorrow's feather duster. "

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: A question I have is - what are people ideas/thoughts on a hot shower or tub soak with the jeans on? Is that a denim no no? Would that make them "form fit"? or should I just leave them be? Anyone?

Go for it. It's a classic method of shrink-to-fit. They won't shrink as much as say.. real shrink-to-fit jeans, but they will get a little shorter and a little more fitted around the thighs.

Quote:

Heres some pics of the rescues.

3439257523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2345%3D%3A8%3A%3D%3C35%3DXROQDF%3E23238526974%3B8ot1lsi

3439257523232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2345%3D%3A8%3A%3D%3C35%3DXROQDF%3E23238526974%3B9ot1lsi

3439257523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2345%3D%3A8%3A%3D%3C35%3DXROQDF%3E23238526974%3B%3Aot1lsi

--- Original message by deim23 on May 13, 2005 04:32 PM

Don't take this as a gay comment, but the rescues look a lil tight around the nuts...Is there sufficient crotch space? I too wear 33 in diesel and im wondering whether to get a 31 or 32 in the rescue.

Edited by thedonger on May 13, 2005 at 04:50 PM

I am 5'9 and the all important 1/2"

Just barely sufficiant for me - There might be more room in the crotch for you.. icon_smile_wink.gif jk

No seriously - I love the way these fit. Slim in the thighs - like goldie locks says... mmm just right.

603935_m.JPG

Okay I need to know what everyone thinks. I have a pair of APC Anglais that are 29 waist, the thing is I am normally a 30 waist and can even comfortably fit a 29 or 28 diesel waist. However, my 29 inch anglais are uncomfortably tight on me which is yet another example of APC sizing being all over the map since they fit pretty true to size. I am going to order some rescues and was wondering what size I should get since 29 anglais are too tight on my waist. Are the pair I own an odd exception to the size-down rule?

KYinC, that's a really tough one. I might just go for a 29 in Rescues. See that seems really odd that you can go 28/29 in Diesel, but 29 in Anglaise is too tight! I wish everyone had the opportunity to try them on almost as much as I wish APC would get their damn act together with sizing.

Thanks for the quick response wild whiskey but I am going to eventually wash them in a machine (warm to get maximum bleeding out of the high-wear areas) after I wear the sh%T! out of them. That is yet another thing I have to take into consideration about sizing. My Anglais were tight in the waist even after some stretch.

Hre comes the question of stretching again for all you denim experts. How much will dry denim really stretch according to your experience? I emailed APC about that, after all they should know, but I haven't really had some good feedback on the knowledge of their online support...not that I expect everyone working for a jean company to be a denim freak but management should communicate some basic and very useful information. Well anyway I'll let you know the answer I get, might be interesting...

RL = real life.

I'm a 4th year graphic design student (good god thats scary).

And I agree :) No one at state wears good jeans. I've seen Nudies on occasion, Paper Denims rarely... although I do see lots of Sevens *puke*. There's another SDSU kid on this forum who wears '47 501s..

Quote:

went to the city today. i wanted to buy english but i bought a pair of rescues. i thought i'd need a 31 but i ended up with a 29!!!! i love them though, go apc lol

--- Original message by kiz on May 14, 2005 05:11 PM

rescues pwnicon_smile_wink.gif

603935_m.JPG

KYinC, SAME EXACT problem!!! I got a size 28 recently of the English and I had been wearing them nonstop -- I mean, i went crazy on their ass, wearing them daily, working out in them, sleeping in them etc. I'm normally a size 30 but based on past experience with APC, I figured I could go all the way down to a 28, that's why I bought them. THe girl in the shop even practically guaranteed me that they would stretch out to a point where I'll have to wear a belt. Well...after all taht work, the waist is still uncomfortably tight. Everything else has stretched out comfortably, but the waist is barely budging. I'm not giving up hope though, gonna keep wearing them out as much as I can. Anyone think/know if this is a futile attempt?

Shinobi, I feel for you man. It is quite annoying having these nice jeans fit me so tight in the waist (especially when I am sitting down). They are fine as long as I pull them up so they sit at the skinniest part of my waist but I didn't buy lower rise jeans to hike them up like that. Anyhow, I am not even CLOSE to being a thick or big guy and these 29s are making me want to relocate the top button. Does anyone have pics of themselves with their APC English on?

Quote:

Deim and Kiz,

good pics...Question -- do you guys know how long the inseam/length is on the size 31 Rescue is?

--- Original message by thedonger on May 16, 2005 10:07 AM

measurement before wear is 36 1/2" on my 31s

day 4 and they are crinkling up nicely around the ankles, backs of knees and hige. they do seem to be stretching a bit. ill throw up some more pics when i get back from portland or on the may 24th -

anyone know of the spot to buy good dry denims up there?

603935_m.JPG

Most high end denims have a 36 inseam by default from my experience, I'm just assuming its cheaper and makes more sense to allow people to alter them than to make 23052352 different sizes and inseam length combos. The only thing that sucks about that is if you get a certain pair with a certain wash, altering them can make you look stumpy.

Edited by mouko on May 16, 2005 at 10:47 AM

APCs really are the *most* elitist of high end denim that I've dealt with. Most companies stick with 34" or so for their inseams. The Hipsters are considerably shorter - mine are only 34". I also find it a little odd that Japanese companies like Studio D'Artisan make jeans with 35" inseams. I can only assume it's to show off the selvage.