APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i live in jersey and have been waiting on my pair of english for a while. should i just say fuck it and go into New York City and buy em there? THey'd probably atleast have the english in stock right? i can't stand waiting for these things so long. THey'd let me cancel an order if it hasnt been shipped right?

yeah Rescue has slightly less wide leg opening than Anglaise.

Unisex = New Standard i believe?

I and several others have either received emails or talked with people at APC in response to queries about the Anglaise: we've all heard they were being discontinued and replaced by Rescues. even on the apc site the Anglaise is pretty much sold out.

I was at the A.P.C. on Mercer in NYC yesterday- i tried on some anglaise and they fit well- then I tried on some Rescues, they have plenty. Bought them too- the hotness.

Most definatly- I drove up from philly yesterday. If you can cancel your order, the staff is very helpful and you get to try them on.

Quote:

somebodies gotta make a jean with reinforced crotch, or use thicker denim in the crotch,....its always the first part to wear out, and makes the jeans virtually unwearable.

--- Original message by Downwithianbrown on Apr 30, 2005 09:59 AM

eh? you guys either ride bicycles or have salty nuts. i don't have either problems, none of my jeans ever has any holes in the crotch area. icon_smile_big.gif

Serge, I wonder how to stop wearing the crotch. The cause of abrasion is, I believe, walking around, because the jeans have a slim fit. Appart from that, I do approx. 100 squats a day, don't know if that's causing the crotch to wear out, what do you think?

i wouldn't worry about it. first off just do what you wanna do in your jeans. how they wear is how they wear. denim is durable, but if you wear them every single day i wouldn't expect them to last forever and that's fine. all throughout college and gradschool i'd have 1 or 2 pairs of jeans going at a time and every couple of years i'd have to start over just 'cause they were completely trashed, holes everywhere, etc... and that was starting from heavy raw denim as well. chuck 'em when they die and start over.

Kiz wrote:

"i live in jersey and have been waiting on my pair of english for a while. should i just say fuck it and go into New York City and buy em there? THey'd probably atleast have the english in stock right? i can't stand waiting for these things so long. THey'd let me cancel an order if it hasnt been shipped right?"

Not a problem, just Email them quoting you order number. I cancelled an order last month before it was shipped. They sent back an Email to acknowledge that. APC's are best purchased in store, since their sizes are not normally what they advertise. You may or may not like the Anglais, since baggy straight fit jeans are an acquired taste. I like the New Standards, though.

Edited by Lex2 on Apr 30, 2005 at 02:30 PM

my bit of apc denim for the thread...i was in the shop on mercer with my girl on saturday evening as they were closing, tried on the anglais and they fit like a glove. i figured id come back this week and pick them up. then i come home, read this thread (i havent been on this board much in the last few months) and flip cuz they're being discontinued and all that.

i called first thing today and the saleswoman said they were out in my size 31 and discontinued. i was pretty gutted (for a pair of jeans)...especially since i slept on them on sat.

but i decided to stop by the shop afterwork and there they were...stacked high. i took the last 31 as far as i can tell but there were others in 29, 30, 32...etc... unlike the website or from what you've heard here.

they fit like a glove. i was thinking of getting the rescue but despite being a similar fit, they're rigid denim...nothing like the english cut. i might get them at some later point.

the english cut most resemble an amazing pair of helmut lang jeans i had back in 99 or 2000...simple but just awesome cut and great quality...

so they're still there if you guys are interested...

yeah, that sounds about right. i didnt think they had the rigid ones in english cut...

the rescue were a bit fuller in the hips...but comparing the english cut that i got in the light washed denim and the rigid rescue is like comparing apples and oranges.

yeah, they're still there...select sizes and that appears to be the last of the bunch...call the nyc store tomorrow...but make sure they tell you that they're there. like i said, i spoke to this sales girl and she said they were out...