APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple more questions focused towards Geowu.

1. Could you give me measurements from side seam to side seam through the middle of the fly? and your waist measurement so I can have an idea on the Unisex sizing. Do you have any other styles of APC?

2. I looked at my Helmut Langs today and they are a size 29 in Unisex style so do you suggest I go with a 29, 28, or 27 in APC unisex? Do you think I could go with a 29 in the tight jeans or not?

Sorry for all the questions but your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -Connor

Edited by lang45 on Apr 24, 2005 at 05:58 PM

Connor, -Only have APC unisex, but if you do a search you'll find recent topics on APC tight and probably all styles. My size on Diesel Zathan is 33 and Unisex is 30. Received them 10 days ago and they stretched a lot. Measurements:

'side seam to side seam through the middle of the fly': 18.25" (front), 22.25" (back).

waist: 36.5" (must have stretched)

Tight jeans is said to be true to size, but Unisex runs 2 or 3 sizes big.

just bought a pair of New Standards today from APC NYC, size 28. my first APC jeans and my first dry/unwashed selvage.

do most people alter the length or just let them scrunch up at the bottom, or fold them up? taking note that the new standards are pretty straight and sorta slim.

I just let mine scrunch up at the bottom, makes for a nice fading effect. Mine is 36 inch inseam but I normally wear a 34". It's low rise, so it's better to let some fabric scrunch up, lest your legs look too short!

yeah... its still plenty long. i had to double up the roll, which i don't like. now they should be only about 3 inches long which i can live with.

ps - reading this thread makes me feel like a fat ass. how come theres so many guys with waist sizes 30 and below?!?

strange highs and strange lows

Quote:

some people have skinnier builds. i dont have much fat at all on me but my waist is still 31 inches. all people are different

Edited by kiz on Apr 25, 2005 at 04:02 AM

--- Original message by kiz on Apr 25, 2005 03:57 AM

agree with you kiz, especially if you lift weights regularly (like me). but one thing that always confounds me is that that bodybuilder dexter jackson claims his waist is 27.5" on muscletech official site, can you believe that??? (hm, this is getting way off the topic)

Re sizing:

After a month's wear of the the Unisex (aka New Standard), size 34, they measured 37" (18.5" X 2) across the back of the waistline. I ran them through a hot machine wash and a hang dry and now they're measuring 35".

I didn't measure them when they were new but I assume they didn't arrive 3" bigger than what the tag indicates. It seems to me that a new 34" probably measures 35" and stretches to a 37".

I'm probably going to buy a size 32" (which after wear will equal 35") and wear them dry and then cold soak them when they get dirty.

Ah well, live and learn. icon_smile.gif

Re sizing: After a month of wearing the Unisex (aka New Standard), size 34, they measured 37" across the back of the waistline (18.5" x 2). I ran them through a hot machine wash and now they're measuring 35".

I didn't measure them when they were new but I assume they don't arrive 3" bigger than what the tag indicates. It seems to me that a new 34" probably measures 35" and stretches to a 37".

I'm probably going to buy a size 32" (which after wear will equal 35") and wear them dry and then cold soak them when they get dirty.

Oh well, live and learn icon_smile.gif

Edited by 35mm on Apr 28, 2005 at 09:06 AM

go for the Anglaise (English), if you can find them. they're discontinuing them and they're almost all sold out. nice straight-leg full cut. If you can't find those go w/the Rescues, which are the replacement for the Anglaise. They're only -very slightly- less wide than the Anglaise, and actually have a better, more 501-ish rise that's not too low rise (Anglaise are almost too low rise imo). Both of these should have a good bit more room through the legs than the new standards. btw both of these fit similar to unwashed 501 shrink-to-fits through the legs.

Edited by rhythmandsound on Apr 28, 2005 at 06:50 PM

where did you hear the english were being discontinued? when i called up the other day and asked about this she said it was one of their newer styles and they had no plans of discontinuing it. got inside info or something...might explain why my backorder is taking so long.

hi i'm going to buy a pair of APC pretty soon.

I'm looking at the raw unisex......it looks like they run big, i usually wear a 29 in almost any other brands.....what size should i get?

Also, is the new standard washed the same cut at the raw unisex....also is the new standard washed selvedge....

thanks