APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest koi.boi

what is the best way to wash denim so it has very little indigo loss, yet has high contrast for the honeycombs and whiskers? how heavy should i wear these before washing for this effect...

what is the best way to wash denim so it has very little indigo loss, yet has high contrast for the honeycombs and whiskers? how heavy should i wear these before washing for this effect...

Wear for 8 months no wash.

Jump in ocean.

Rinse with tap. Dry overnight.

Wear again.

see, i'd make a new thread for the FAQ by itself, but i dunno how the powers that be would react or if anyone would bother to read it or ask the same question for over 250-pages about new standard sizing.

should i?

Maybe rather ask a mod that would edit the first post of this thread (maybe keep the picture) and replace it with the FAQ. So the answer of most question would be "page 1 10char".

The different between New Cures and Cures is just that, one is a more recent version of the other. The Cure, generally, has been the women's version of the NC, but APC seems to make jeans on a unisex level, so they can go either way.

This doesn't really clarify things. The APC site implies that (old) Cures are the same as New Standards at the top, with slimmer legs, but not as slim as New Cures. Is this the case? Or are Cures and NC exactly the same? I spent 20 minutes searching and couldn't find anything specific on the difference between old and new Cures..

Does anyone have pictures of worn in black NS? I think I'm going to grab a pair next time I'm in the city, but I want to see if anyone has put some nice wear into them.

I don't know if the denim being used for the black NS is exactly the same as the denim used for the old black Cures (although it looks pretty similar in pictures), but this thread has some nice pictures: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=18649

This doesn't really clarify things. The APC site implies that (old) Cures are the same as New Standards at the top, with slimmer legs, but not as slim as New Cures. Is this the case? Or are Cures and NC exactly the same? I spent 20 minutes searching and couldn't find anything specific on the difference between old and new Cures..

From my understanding Cure is NS above the knees NC below

crap it was raining here in L.A. and my brand new APC cures got semi-soaked already. If I let them dry themselves are there going to be weird streaks or something? The jeans aren't completely soaked, just parts near the hem and the thighs...

crap it was raining here in L.A. and my brand new APC cures got semi-soaked already. If I let them dry themselves are there going to be weird streaks or something? The jeans aren't completely soaked, just parts near the hem and the thighs...

Dude don't worry about rain it doesn't do shit to your indigo. Soaks barely even give off any indigo loss

From my understanding Cure is NS above the knees NC below

i tried on the cure in a 33. i tried on the new cure in a 33, fit the same from what i could tell. maybe its just how i'm built, but after talking it over with the staff @ APC on mercer street, they told me cure was intended as a women's cut because the waist sizes had a greater range (they have sizes below 25 apparently, which honestly, is crazy to me). the new cure is the same, but i could see how it might be interpreted as different. the top of the cure seems different, the waistband might be dropped a bit more as that it is a women's cut, and the new cure has a higher seat and rise than the cure. if you can confirm this, i'd be happy to update the FAQ.

it won't be a problem. i got caught in a deluge a couple months back and was soaked head to toe. my apc's were fine. just wet. they dried in less than 3 hours, and if anything, the fading comes in faster after a soak. ive soaked them 2 times already, and the fading only seems to come in more fully and quickly.

i tried on the cure in a 33. i tried on the new cure in a 33, fit the same from what i could tell. maybe its just how i'm built, but after talking it over with the staff @ APC on mercer street, they told me cure was intended as a women's cut because the waist sizes had a greater range (they have sizes below 25 apparently, which honestly, is crazy to me). the new cure is the same, but i could see how it might be interpreted as different. the top of the cure seems different, the waistband might be dropped a bit more as that it is a women's cut, and the new cure has a higher seat and rise than the cure. if you can confirm this, i'd be happy to update the FAQ.

Fair enough. I only have experience with the NC so I can't comment. Anyone know if the old Cure is being phased out? APC website is completely out of stock and it seems like a redundant style.

Fair enough. I only have experience with the NC so I can't comment. Anyone know if the old Cure is being phased out? APC website is completely out of stock and it seems like a redundant style.

ive only seen them in-store. they had a lot in the paris store i went to and a lot in the NYC store. maybe exclusive to store now?

Old cure is more like NC tapered but NS in the thighs/top block from my experiences with them. I'm not sure if they're phasing them out or not.

Ok, I normally wear a 32 in most raw jeans. I don't size down because I don't mind wearing a belt or anything, and I like my jeans a little baggier but still slim (just not painted on slim).

If a 29 APC NS was basically painted on me, do I go with a 30 NS or a 29 Rescue?

I think 29 rescue. I measured a 32 to be 35