APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it depends where you're ordering from i guess. my NS shipped from the APC shop in nyc. also, i sized down 3. a week in they're a little tight still, i can barely get my hands in my pockets... but they're slowly getting stretched out.

If you buy a pair of New Cures that are only a size down from normal will they stretch a lot or will they only stretch about an inch or two?
I just ordered APC New Standard's yesterday night, I got a size 26 and size down 2-3. Is that the right size? Also, how long does APC take to ship?

I have a pair of New Cures, size 27. I usually wear about a 29,

& after about three months of wear, they've stretch out a ton around the waist.

I'd suggest sizing one to two sizes smaller.

Egtnekisd, if you normally wear a 28 or 29, I'd say a 26 in New Cures is about right.

I tried on some New Cures size 25 today :D They were pretty tight and I'm worried they wont stretch very much because they are only size 25. Isn't there a risk they will be too ultra tight if they shrink after a wash?

How much will sz25 stretch? At least one full size I hope.

JMF, they're sanforized meaning they don't shrink after wash. And a2b489, thankyou. That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

I should have mentioned in my original post that, if I could (or the next time I do), I would've bought New Cures in 26 instead of 27. I think, after three months, they're about 30 inches around the waist. It's not horrible, but I wish they were a bit more snug.

As for this issue w/ the APC pin thing: I would never wear it on my jeans.

fuck my life!!!

btw, i havent seen much discussion about the black NS.......you guys are fuckin sleeping!! they are pretty slick

I agree. There is 150 pages discussing the indigo NS but not nearly as much info/experience/pictures etc about the Black raw NS.

Sorry about your apc's being too big in raw black, i just went with my size in raw indigos for the raw blacks so i would be safe (sz 27) and not have to go through what you are now going through. I beleive the raw black NS are just as good as the raw indigo. Having owning black dior raws the apc black raw look almost identical in terms of appearance and the color of the denim. I just wish they didn't stretch so much - only con with apc NS...

I was just at Barneys today and noticed a black jean from APC that had a leather patch on the back that said 'Jeans'. What are these? Are these New standards or New cures?

They looked excellent btw. But I don't recognize them on APC's website.

those are the black standards,,,,,,,they are very clean

i decided to just go ahead and go down 2 sizes and get the 31

without, you lose less indigo etc obviously.

mine have been on the wrong end of a few bottles of lager but i just hang em dry. they don't stink either.

there's no right or wrong, just do what you feel is best. if your jeans stink, then do what you must/can get away with.

I always understood most of the indigo loss came from agitation while washing. If you throw some detergent in the tub while they're soaking but don't stir it around a bunch, i think you'll be fine.

I should have mentioned in my original post that, if I could (or the next time I do), I would've bought New Cures in 26 instead of 27. I think, after three months, they're about 30 inches around the waist. It's not horrible, but I wish they were a bit more snug.

As for this issue w/ the APC pin thing: I would never wear it on my jeans.

they'll stretch out at least 2 sizes

my 27 new standards stretched out to a 30..

JMF, they're sanforized meaning they don't shrink after wash. And a2b489, thankyou. That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Added to your Reputation! :)

My friend and I started a little APC project together. We wanted to see how different our denim would come out. Both of them are new standards size 29. Here are a couple of pictures of them at two months worn just about every day:

Me

731sjt0.jpg

Him

89v3c6r.jpg

In retrospect, I think I should have went with a 28 or got some new cures. But oh well, I like the way they are coming out.

My friend and I started a little APC project together. We wanted to see how different our denim would come out. Both of them are new standards size 29. Here are a couple of pictures of them at two months worn just about every day:

Me

731sjt0.jpg

Him

89v3c6r.jpg

In retrospect, I think I should have went with a 28 or got some new cures. But oh well, I like the way they are coming out.

What are you and your friends true waist size? How many inches has your size 29 stretched to? Height/Weight?

What are you and your friends true waist size? How many inches has your size 29 stretched to? Height/Weight?

My true waist is a little less than 33", but I wear them a lower on my waist where it is a 33.5"-34". The pants stretched out to about 33.25" and fit snugly around my waist. I'm 6'0" and 150 pounds.

My friend's true waist is a little over 30". He is 5'7" and 155 pounds. I'm not sure how much his streched out, but he could definitely wear them without a belt. I hope that helps.

My true waist is a little less than 33", but I wear them a lower on my waist where it is a 33.5"-34". The pants stretched out to about 33.25" and fit snugly around my waist. I'm 6'0" and 150 pounds.

My friend's true waist is a little over 30". He is 5'7" and 155 pounds. I'm not sure how much his streched out, but he could definitely wear them without a belt. I hope that helps.

Honestly man, those are not flattering at all. They look better on you than your friend but you obviously don't need to rock a belt with those...

Sizing down too much creates some weird folds and creases...