APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone coherent still reads this thread, but I'm still on the prowl for the raw black New Cures. Did anyone get these in this season? Anyone seen them around?

Do these fit the same as indigo raw new cures (can't see why they wouldn't, but figured I'd check). I don't think they have around here, but I'm going to figure out my size in the indigos and see if some APC store somewhere has a pair I could phone order.

i thought they only made black in the stretch cures? i haven't seen black raw new cures anywhere.

i was about to pull the trigger on some indigo's, but i'm going to hold off until i can find some black's (if they exist), or at least jeenz with a very similar fit to new cures in black. do you/anyone know of any?

I don't know if I measure differently then everyone else but my waist is 31-32 inches were my 28 NCs sit and they're loose in the waist.

I don't think ppl measure properly. I've realized, that the way to do it is to put tape along the inner waist of the jeans from the button to the hole were the button goes. Try to keep the tape straight in relation to the waistline. Then you measure the tape.

Measuring the back of the jeans when they're laid flat and multiplying the result by 2 isn't precise enough. The measure will be too short. If I measure my NCs this way they're 29-30 inches, and if I measure my apcs with the help of tape, they're 32 inches, which makes much more sense, considering how they fit.

Also, when you measure your own waist, you should exhale, relax and avoid stretching the meausring tape.

These methods should be standardised. It would ease so much confusion and sizing problems.

i thought they only made black in the stretch cures? i haven't seen black raw new cures anywhere.

i was about to pull the trigger on some indigo's, but i'm going to hold off until i can find some black's (if they exist), or at least jeenz with a very similar fit to new cures in black. do you/anyone know of any?

Not exactly the same fit as NC's, but Julian Red Hobokens are a very nice anti-fit alternative. I don't know if the Black Bullets are still available anywhere, but those are the blackest ones I believe. I've got a pair of Dark Dancers and they are an amazingly nice-feeling pair of washed jeans. If you do head down the JR route though, be careful with sizes; mine are a slightly loose 33 just because the taper really does not allow for bigger thighs.

I would highly reccomend that he consider his thigh size. Going by waist sizes yes, a 32 will be fine.

But, the 32 has a shorter front rise, and it only has 4 buttons (3 plus the one big one at top). The 33 has a longer front rise, and has 5 total buttons. I found this to make a HUGE difference in the fit around my balls and thighs. It sounds like he's got a similar body to me, so I would personally recommend a 33, because tight thighs on someone with big thighs looks stupid in general, especially with a taper.

thought i'd wash(hot) since i start the warehouse contest today, hehe :)

i like how they shrink back to their original fit after a nice wash/hot dry.

big bulge in front-right pocket is my pocketo wallet, and on front-left is my phone.

i didn't wanna buy apcs cause they seem to real glossy/shiny in the pics that i've seen but your jeans look awesome. i remember you saying back in the thread that these are NS's.

can i get some other details? like how many times, when you washed & how long you've been wearing them? thanks.

Hey, so these are about 4 months and a bit with maybe 2 and a half months of heavy wear. Size 30 NS, normally wear a 32 pant. When I tried them on it was an epic struggle to just get the top button up and now I can slide them off without unbuttoning. Belt is mandatory. The thighs and calves are now stretched out enough that they're comfortable unless we're talking some serious stretching. One soak, just cold water for 15 mintues. Kind've crappy pictures, they were taken with my macbook in my poorly lit basement so what can you do. And yes these are all the same pair, even though they have varied colours. The first one's the most close to the actual colour.

Front:

1957237555_deed9ce1e8.jpg

Back:

1958065858_af6d5b72bd.jpg

Combs:

1957236431_1feb430141.jpg

After much reading, I bought a pair of New Cures in 28, and my true waist is a 31 or so... they should size accordingly if I don't want them like tights, and just slim... correct? I don't know why I'm so paranoid about a pair of jeans.

For NC's, sized down 3...that's going to be pretty tiiight. Unless you're super skinny, in which they'll still be pretty tight. Remember these are cut tight already with a strong taper.

NC's should only be sized down 1...or maybe 2 tops if all you're looking for is a slim fit. Generally NC's rule is down 1 or 2, it's the NS's that go by down 2 or 3. The former #'s being slim-ish, latter being tight-ish fit.