APC denim

Geowu

Shoque, a week after purchasing them my NCs have abit of that bagginess on the thighs as well. I sized 1 up though so i'd have room to grow, although now I've noticed just how much these jeans stretch.

I'm concerned with a bit of wear that I noticed on the inside of my upper right ankle (where stacking occurs). In my previous jeans this usually turns into a hole, but I hear that selvedge jeans are tailored to prevent this. Are APC NCs selvedge though? Theres no selvedge stiching on my pair so im not completely sure.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NC's are selvedge denim, but due to the taper you won't see selvedge, if that makes any sense. I've noticed some lightening where the stacking occurs on both legs pretty early on, but it's stayed the same for the past two months so I'm assuming it's fine. I wondered if it was how I walk, but my legs don't brush (dur), so I don't know what it's from.

I've seen it mentioned in other threads, but since it hasn't happened with any of my other denim, I figured I'd ask in this thread: anybody else finding some odd diagonal wear lines right underneath the ass of their jeans? I think it has to do with how stiff APC's are, but I noticed them a few weeks ago and have been making an effort to keep the jeans pulled up in the back to minimize it. The denim doesn't fall towards my thighs/knees when there's some slack, instead it folds up on itself just below the back pockets. It's just enough for a single line on each leg, but it's annoying nonetheless. Any solutions?

Since it's now been 4 months, I think I'll need an evo update, I'm finally starting to see some significant wear throughout. I'll try to get some pics up by week's end.

NC's are selvedge denim, but due to the taper you won't see selvedge, if that makes any sense.

Can anyone else validate this? I have always heard otherwise. Was this a recent change / discovery?

(I suppose I might be referring to the "red selvedge" of new standards by mistake)

^yes! I have those same exact horizontal creases under my pockets. I thought at first it was because I sized up, but im glad to see someone else is seeing them on their jeans as well.

At the moment, I don't wear a belt with my jeans as they rest comfortably on my waist.. how they do it i'm not sure since after only a week of wear i've stretched the upper waistband out a little bit (mostly due to sitting.) Maybe since I don't wear a belt to keep the waistband high on my hips that said creasing occurs?

Nice to know that they ARE selvedge though, if my reps ment anything i'd rep you.

EDIT: ehh, or maybe not

I've read conflicting things through some quick googling: Fuuma posted elsewhere that the plain Cures were not selvedge denim (this coming from APC themselves), but I've also read that New Cures are made from the same denim as NS', just with the selvedge cut off due to taper. I've read the latter on here more often, so maybe it was just with the older model they were different denim?

Gouf; I sized down 1 and wear a belt in an attempt to minimize waist stretching, so the creasing will remain a mystery, heh.

Hmmm, while looking for the info on the NC's, I just noticed Denim Bar no longer stocks APC? Huh?

this is a super lazy post, but where should i cop apc online (other than the official site)?

i was just about to buy some from denim bar, but they no longer have them.

Probably a couple other places online too, but http://www.contextclothing.com carries APC's as well, though they're out of stock atm.

Could also try and call up blackbird, http://helloblackbird.blogspot.com/ . These guys have a 10%(?) discount for sufu members, although I'm not sure of their current stock numbers.

How long does it take till APC jeans have stretched as much as they are going to stretch (I bought a pair off of someone who had worn them for 2 weeks. They fit me pretty perfectly except the theigh area could use a little more room)?

I don't know, some people have mentioned the more recent ones (anything made within the past six months?) don't stretch quite as much as older pairs. Mine were purchased in June and while the waist has stretched quite a bit, the thighs have only a small amount, so they're still fairly tight even after four months of wear (and the last two being almost daily). If you're not comfortable with the thighs, find something you can put in them at night that could stretch them a bit. I know someone on here used VHS tapes to stretch his jeans, heh.

The only problem with this is that too much stretch will have the overall fit of the jeans looking fucked.

Another good way to limit waist stretch is wearing a belt. I'm usually a 32, bought a 29, and after 2 weeks put a belt on and haven't noticed any waist stretching since then.

If you want to rationalize how it is going to stretch, realize that wherever the jeans are on the tighter side are areas prone to stretching, so if its tight on your thighs, they'll stretch there.

That being said, it shouldn't be all loose, it just will be a bit bigger than form fitting.

Well I'm also a 35 inch waist, I originally had 32 new standards, waist was fine but the thighs were too tight.

I got some size 33's about a week and a half ago, and they fit great. They'll stretch out pertfectly. How big are your thighs, mine are about 25-26 inches around at the largest point with my quads flexed.

Hmm, well I hope I don't have to trade these in cause they are so perfect otherwise. I said the thighs, but really I guess it is my hip area that needs stretching. I can suffer through it, but I was just wondering how long APC jeans tend to take to stretch out.

probalby I hsould just go to the gym...

about half an hour

I see you're working the thunder thighs, there. Might be good to keep your goods somewhere that won't accentuate them. It's not flattering.

(I have out of proportion muscular thighs from biking so I find this helps me)

haha yeah... i've noticed that, too. but it didn't stop me from putting some wearing into them. these contest jeans i have kind of hide the thunderous thighs, though. at least i hope they do. :)