APC denim

Geowu

That bulge is happening with my SJ's right now. It was much worse about a week ago, but the denim just below the knee is beginning to loosen up, so the build up just below the knee (which gives an irritating feeling) is decreasing. You could also try stretching the denim just below the knee too; this might make the transition from thigh to lower-leg a bit more smooth.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm curious, what do you people usually do to have your jeans get so worn? i've worn my apc ns for 6 months straight and finally washed them, and to be honest, while the wear is apparent, it looks nothing like most of the jeans i see on these forums. just curious.

Where can I find measurements for different sizes of New Cures? I'm thinking of going up either one or two sizes the next time. My current pair, size 30, with 4 months or so of wear is still a little too tight for my taste throughout the leg. Not skin tight but still tight. I want to check if the 31's are notably larger or if I should go up to a size 32. But then the waist will probably be too large after stretch (I am 33 to 34 inches where the jeans sit). Perhaps I should look into another brand. Anyone know of a raw denim jean that is between the NC and NS in terms of tightness and with minimal detailing like the APC's?

i kno this usually doesn't happen but if the apc stock runs out on their site and other places like it did a little while ago and people still want them just PM me and I can pick you up a pair I live a train ride away from a store that sells them

the only thing is i don't kno if i would be able to get the black ns

anyway just throwing that out there

edited/updated

I was at the store in soho today.

They're selling 2 types of grey-looking jeans now:

- They had "faded black" (noir délavé) jeans. They come in new cure for women, and for men there's a new cut called camargue. It was described to me as a little baggier than NS but not quite as baggy as the Rescues. Other things I noticed are the front pocket has this weird angular cut, there's a small leather patch that says "Jean" in script, all the stitching is black, and the back pockets have a shallow V-shaped arctuate. They cost $168.

- The also have just "grey jeans". These come in new cure for girls and new standard for guys. I don't think they have any other cuts. They're darker in color than the "faded black" camargue, all the stitching is silver, and everything else is pretty much like the raw black NS (no leather patch, no arctuate, no selvage, etc). The inseam looks an inch shorter than the raw black NS but the leg opening looks exactly the same. These are new for S/S 08 and were hanging on a rack apart from the jeans section of the store. Likewise on apc.fr, you can find them under mens > spring 08, not men's > jeans. They cost $205.

I didn't see any raw black or stretch black jeans there, but I guess they're last season now so maybe they're at the apc surplus in williamsburg.