APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

total noob question:

I'm wearing a nudie SJ in 29 and I'm about to pick up some NC's. I think I could've bought the SJ's in 28 because they started to fit pretty baggy after breaking them in.This is how they look now:

nudie001-1.jpg

nudie003-1.jpg

I want the new cures to fit tighter than the SJ's but not too tight, and I dont know if I should go with 27 or a 28. Also,Is there any difference between the mens and womens model ? thanks in advance

The newbish answer (/cure-all answer) is to size down, as APCs are vanity sized. Given that your SJ were too big, I'd say go with a 27. APC markets their jeans as being fairly unisex, however, the Women's models tend to constitute the very very small waist sizes (I believe less than 26)

mtl20v: Those are sick. Nice work. I wish I hadn't hemmed my jeans as much as I did. Your stacks are amazing and the cuffs are still in pretty good shape. I was worried mine would get shredded so took them prett short.

So here's some better pics, only 4 and a half months one rinse:

2035852060_9c20151999.jpg

2035851984_50bded37e1.jpg

Hmm.. weird ass bunching. That's not good.

The newbish answer (/cure-all answer) is to size down, as APCs are vanity sized. Given that your SJ were too big, I'd say go with a 27. APC markets their jeans as being fairly unisex, however, the Women's models tend to constitute the very very small waist sizes (I believe less than 26)

Thanks for your response. I was aware that I have to size down, I just wasn't sure how much I had to. The apc online store only carries the men's model down to 28, so the only option for me is to take the women's model in 27, which would be ok if the cuts were exactly the same.

mtl20v: Those are sick. Nice work. I wish I hadn't hemmed my jeans as much as I did. Your stacks are amazing and the cuffs are still in pretty good shape. I was worried mine would get shredded so took them prett short.

They are a bit shredded at the bottom, but its mostly from wearing them in the house. when i wear shoes they VERY rarely touch the ground.

Thanks alot man!!

How much difference is the fit for NS from New Cure?

I'm 6'1 tall and slim. I usually wear levi's 501 size 32/34 with a slightly relaxed fit (501 is a bit weird because I got 3 pairs and one of them is pretty tight around the waist and thighs) I tried on my friend's brand new NC size 29, the waist fits a little bit tight but acceptable and the rise kinda kills my balls that it's impossible to sit. The legs are skin tight all the way and they don't look like they would stack much if at all. Perhaps it's because it sits on my actual waist instead of a bit lower.

All said, I just wanna know whether i should get 29 or 30 for NS.

yeah, so i was planning to post up fit pics of my new NCs tonight after getting them back from the tailor. however, upon opening the package this morning, i noticed the tailor didn't do a single thing to them. in fact, the needles were still left where the cuff was folded inwards when i tried the jeans on in front of them. So if you're in Manhattan, avoid Madame Paulettes at all costs. Look forward to next week though, when I post pics up, after having them sent to a much cheaper, and better tailor.

hi, i'd also like to ask for help. i'm about 5'10, 140 pounds. i'm currently wearing levi 511 skinnys in a 32 x 30 and they're a bit loose on the top but perfect on the knees and lower area. i'd like to know what would best suit me in apc's. the fit i'm looking for is similar to :

81s50m0.jpg7w54a6p.jpg6ykoyv4.jpg

i was thinking about a 28 in NS or a 29 in NC. any suggestions?