APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the old cures are identical to the new standards except from the knee down and the new cures are overall tighter?

I have both the new standards and the old cures in 28, and the o.c. are definately tighter even above the knee. I also have new cures in 29 and they are way tighter in the thighs and knees, but comfortable in the waist.

Guest tehlol
I can't believe it!!! i just bought APC NS at size 25!!!

How could this be?!! Argh....

I usually wear a size 29 jeans. I didn't know that I'm so "slim" until I tried the APC..

ARgh~~~

btw, I couldn't button the first 2 buttons. Is that the correct fit (the SA told me it should be like that) ?

dude dont' even worry. i did the exact same thing. exactly. im' a 28-29 and i went with a 25. i've worn them a good full 4 days and they're already stretched to a comfortable, non-pain inflicting size. im' seriously gonna post pics soon; school's a priority!=(

I'm interested in buying APCs. How much should I size up/down?

well.... judging by the conversation below...

dude dont' even worry. i did the exact same thing. exactly. im' a 28-29 and i went with a 25. i've worn them a good full 4 days and they're already stretched to a comfortable, non-pain inflicting size. im' seriously gonna post pics soon; school's a priority!=(

that should be clear enough to make your judgement.

No. Not at all. They're a fuller cut assuming you don't size up and stuff on the 21cms, they should be slimmer.

just got my pair of new standards.. im 6'1", 205 lbs and usually wear a size 33 so i went with a size 31. they are pretty tight around my thigh right now, hopefully theyll stretch out soon.

CIMG0257.jpg

hey dont you dj at this gay club in hollywood??? im almost positive its you....

is it still possible to get old cures?

would i still size two down?

or is there a different rule of thumb for that?

Old Cures are just called "Cures" (as far as I know anyway). They're still available directly through APC, and are listed on their webstore (in the US). Size down 2.

Old Cures are just called "Cures" (as far as I know anyway). They're still available directly through APC, and are listed on their webstore (in the US). Size down 2.

thank you very much. I have a feeling i'd like the cures more because they would stack more with my shoes. If i've read things correct, the new standards would look a tad bit like a boot cut at the bottom when worn with sneakers. At least that's what my 514's do.

thank you very much. I have a feeling i'd like the cures more because they would stack more with my shoes. If i've read things correct, the new standards would look a tad bit like a boot cut at the bottom when worn with sneakers. At least that's what my 514's do.

They new standards have a dead straight leg, so the bootcut-look is fairly minimal...I avoid bootcuts at all costs, and the new standards are on my good list. You're right that you don't get the same stacking effect that you would with the cures though.

My 514s do this too, but I haven't had this problem with New Standards.

how dare you! (joking) .. i did actually, 2 sizes..

Good stuff...I'm probably in the same boat as you...I sized down 2, and I think I could have gone for 3, but oh well...maybe a hot soak would help? (for the jeans...not you :eek: ) That's what I would try, but I don't want to affect the length any.

Could you guys tell me if the New Standard is alot tighter that a Rescue? The 31 Rescue I got wasnt snug at all out of the package so Im not sure if I should go with a 31 or 30 NS. Within hours the Rescue had stretched beyond my liking. Any info would be great. Thanks

These jeans aren't tight/skinny jeans people. They never will be even if you size down 3. They'll just keep stretching. If you want a slimmer, skinny look go with the new cures. Only size down 1 or 2 if you want to stretch them out and you'll have more luck.

I purchased a pair of New Cures size 29 a couple weeks ago and they have stretched out to about an inch and a half loose in the waist. They are also bunching a lot at the knees. Should I size down to a 27 or a 28? Also does anyone know where to buy size 27s online because the official A.P.C. site doesn't seem to have them.

If you size down 1, they're slim but not skin tight which is what most of the people here sizing down 3 on new standards are going for. Might serve them better. New standards end up being slim to relaxed(according to sufu standards) after stretch. It's another option to consider.