APC denim

Geowu

Need more pics.

img1449et4.jpg

I'M IN YO' APCs.

GIVIN' YOU WHISKAHS.

If I want my new standards to get that ribbing effect (or whatever you call those creases below the waist), do I have to do anything special in terms of taking care of the jeans? Or do they come with those creases already? I can't find anything in the Denim encyclopedia or this thread that addresses that (and I don't know much about denim care or the terminology to begin with, so I apologize if this is a trivial or stupid question).

edit: if i can get my apc's to look like that once they finally arrive, i will be very very happy.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...you're a lot harder on your jeans than I am! I've been wearing mine for about the same amount of time and mine have no fading whatsoever...do you wear them to a physical-labour related job everyday??? :confused:

No I'm just a college kid that sits in library like 3 hours a day. However, i rock my jeans from 10 in the morning until i go to bed; I even wear it when i'm at home.

U can spray starch on the jeans to speed up the process, it works for me

What size are those. How's the fit a month later?

Size 30. My true waist is 32. It was hard to begin with, i had to jump into the jeans. But now the waist is really loose, probably it is 31 now. I could've gotten size 29 i think, but well, i still like my jeans :D

Question for the experts: I bought a Rescue in size 31 from DenimBar a month or so ago. When I first go them they were pretty snug but not enough that I couldnt button them. Well within a few days they stretched out to the point where they were too saggy in the waist, ass, and thighs. I sold those and now I am getting a New Standard to replace them. Should I go for a 31 in the New Standard or size down again? Are they alot smaller than the Rescues?

BTW- I wear a 34 in an RB6 and a slim 33 in RRDG

Thanks

ok i have about had it with my new standards, im normally a 28 so i got a 26 in my apcs and after about 10 wears they are still so uncomfortably tight around my junk it sucks, i want to kill myself everytime i wear them! will is get better? how long will it take?

ok i have about had it with my new standards, im normally a 28 so i got a 26 in my apcs and after about 10 wears they are still so uncomfortably tight around my junk it sucks, i want to kill myself everytime i wear them! will is get better? how long will it take?

Im normally a 28-30 and i got a 27 and they were painfully uncomfortable for about 2 months. After 3 months now they are quite comfortable.

If I want my new standards to get that ribbing effect (or whatever you call those creases below the waist), do I have to do anything special in terms of taking care of the jeans? Or do they come with those creases already? I can't find anything in the Denim encyclopedia or this thread that addresses that (and I don't know much about denim care or the terminology to begin with, so I apologize if this is a trivial or stupid question).

edit: if i can get my apc's to look like that once they finally arrive, i will be very very happy.

a raw piece of apc denim would not have that ribbing effect aka whiskers. the easiest and best way to do it is just by simply wearing your jeans hard. don't treat it softly, that way you get less contrast(unless you want lesser contrast) The only thing you need to take note of is the detergent used to wash the denim, at least for me that is.

Tips on washing:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12920

a raw piece of apc denim would not have that ribbing effect aka whiskers. the easiest and best way to do it is just by simply wearing your jeans hard. don't treat it softly, that way you get less contrast(unless you want lesser contrast) The only thing you need to take note of is the detergent used to wash the denim, at least for me that is.

Tips on washing:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=12920

Not to be a complete dope, but when you say "wearing your jeans hard", you just mean don't try to excessively baby them while wearing them, right? Like go on doing my usual everyday thing without thinking too much about what's happening to my jeans... or am I missing something.

Came in today, really quick shipping. My first raw denim jeans.

I got a size 28, thinking I'm a regular size 30 so I should size down two. It's actually not as tight as I thought it would be, being that people write on these forums how it's painful to get the jeans on. mine fit on fairly easily, and i'm hoping they won't stretch out too much. they are a bit narrow/slim so hopefully if it stretches out a little they will fit nicely.

keep in mind i'm only 5'6 (yes a midget) so the stacking on the bottom looks weeird, i thought i would hem them but they aren't too bad looking.

any advice on where i should go from here? my plans were to give them a nice cold soak and try to get the inseam a little shorter, but other then that is there any other benefit from soaking them? should i just wear them as they are until theyget dirty?

p.s. i have kindofa bigger built upper body compared to my skinny legs so i look kinda weird

img1278de8.jpg

img1280gd8.jpg

img1282fo7.jpg

should i soak them in cold water for a couple hours? your right they were not that hard to get on, and they aren't that tight...i don't want them to stretch out much more, esp the waist, so will soaking them help minimize the shrinking?

Don't waste your time trying to soak them. They're sanforized. It would be insignificant... i know they are in your possession now and it sucks to have to see them go but just send them back for a size smaller unless you like the way that fits. It should still stretch some since it's starched and needs to release itself.

Really love my NS, but I only size up 1 so it was kind baggy, so I hot soaked it, now the fit is perfect but I lost the new raw denim's shining effect and all that. So I was thinking to order another APC which fits similar to NS (slim, taper). Can you guys give me som suggestions. Thanks

Really love my NS, but I only size up 1 so it was kind baggy, so I hot soaked it, now the fit is perfect but I lost the new raw denim's shining effect and all that. So I was thinking to order another APC which fits similar to NS (slim, taper). Can you guys give me som suggestions. Thanks

New cures.

Came in today, really quick shipping. My first raw denim jeans.

I got a size 28, thinking I'm a regular size 30 so I should size down two. It's actually not as tight as I thought it would be, being that people write on these forums how it's painful to get the jeans on. mine fit on fairly easily, and i'm hoping they won't stretch out too much. they are a bit narrow/slim so hopefully if it stretches out a little they will fit nicely.

keep in mind i'm only 5'6 (yes a midget) so the stacking on the bottom looks weeird, i thought i would hem them but they aren't too bad looking.

any advice on where i should go from here? my plans were to give them a nice cold soak and try to get the inseam a little shorter, but other then that is there any other benefit from soaking them? should i just wear them as they are until theyget dirty?

p.s. i have kindofa bigger built upper body compared to my skinny legs so i look kinda weird

You are scaring me. I just won a new pair of new standards size 28 and I'm also 5'6 and got them thinking I'm a 30" (though I am maybe closer to a 31" waist based on my current pair of Diesel's that I measured). So maybe I'll be in the clear.

guess I'll find out in a few days when they arrive. I'll be sure to post about it.

I can't believe it!!! i just bought APC NS at size 25!!!

How could this be?!! Argh....

I usually wear a size 29 jeans. I didn't know that I'm so "slim" until I tried the APC..

ARgh~~~

btw, I couldn't button the first 2 buttons. Is that the correct fit (the SA told me it should be like that) ?

I can't believe it!!! i just bought APC NS at size 25!!!

How could this be?!! Argh....

I usually wear a size 29 jeans. I didn't know that I'm so "slim" until I tried the APC..

ARgh~~~

btw, I couldn't button the first 2 buttons. Is that the correct fit (the SA told me it should be like that) ?

they stretch a lot so it'll fit but it will still be tight.