APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone. I'm trying to pick up a pair of New Standards, but I am nowhere near a local retailer so I have to order them from the net. Now the problem is, I have no clue about how it fits and all that other stuff...Maybe you guys can help me?

Okay..

I'm 5'8 157 lbs..a little on the chubby side. I can't say im THAT meaty though. It's just my belly that is fairly big (I'm trying to work it off)

I am currently wearing a pair of STFs that is 32 x 36...I believe I sized down 1 size on the waist so my original size is a 33. I though I was ready to buy a new pair so I looked at the NS...I really liked the fit.

This is a random picture that I found. This is how I want it to fit..

What should I do? How much should I size down etc?

Oh and, where else can I buy New Standards? I know of I few websites but I want to see some more.

Thanks in advance :)

so theyre not in season right now? that sucks.

i have a sister in law studying in france. maybe she can just pick me up some when they get re issued.

I'm about a 10-15 min walk away from their Paris flagship store on Rue de Fleurs (sp?). I'm guessing it'll be there before anywhere else... but I probably won't be of any use until I figure out the post office here :)

Hi everyone. I'm trying to pick up a pair of New Standards, but I am nowhere near a local retailer so I have to order them from the net. Now the problem is, I have no clue about how it fits and all that other stuff...Maybe you guys can help me?

Okay..

I'm 5'8 157 lbs..a little on the chubby side. I can't say im THAT meaty though. It's just my belly that is fairly big (I'm trying to work it off)

I am currently wearing a pair of STFs that is 32 x 36...I believe I sized down 1 size on the waist so my original size is a 33. I though I was ready to buy a new pair so I looked at the NS...I really liked the fit.

This is a random picture that I found. This is how I want it to fit..

Jeans.jpg

What should I do? How much should I size down etc?

Oh and, where else can I buy New Standards? I know of I few websites but I want to see some more.

Thanks in advance :)

I'm 5'10 165 pounds. True waist is 32-33. I bough my NS 30, so that's like 2 size down. Depends on the fit u want, if u want the fix like the pic above, i'd say go for 2 size down ur true waist. To get a slimmer fit, go 3 size down. Don't worry if its tight first, cuz it should stretch out within a week with heavily wear.

So, I picked up a new pair of new cures while on vacation in New York last week. I already have two pairs in size 28; the new standards (slim but loose) and the regular cures (tight). I decided that I didn't want something painfully tight and went with a 29.

(No trying on in the store, that's kinda no point with A.P.C. because they're always too tight at first anyway.)

The first thing I did when I got back home was a cold soak to get some of the starch out. Now, the waist and upper thigh are looser than both the new standards and the cures. The thing is that the jeans are so damn tight around my calf, knee and lower thigh that I can't pull them all the way up. I can wear them though, all the buttons are buttoned and they look fine, just sit lower on the hip, but I'm IN PAIN.

I have bruises, blisters and even one open sore on the back of my knees. I can hardly walk up the stairs of my appartment building or bike or squat because they're restricting knee movement.

Any advice on how to stretch the knees a bit without actually wearing them? I've tried pulling in opposite directions with my bare hands, but that didn't work.

I'd really like to keep'em, because they look damn good. And will probably look better when I can pull them up (I'm a girl, so I don't like that tight saggy look too much).

hey can you take some measurements of your new cures? i want to get some but will have to order online :( i will be very grateful!

Yes, I can do that, just give me a couple of hours.

I've worn them for three days, so I guess they've stretched a bit though. I measured the waist before the soak and before putting them on and it was exactly 30".

my new standards are still super tight!!! i normally wear a 28 and got a 26, after a few wears i can now button them but they are still so tight on my junk! i tried sleeping in them last night but i woke up at 1am sweating and very uncomfortable so they came off. anything i can do to speed up the stretching?

Jeans stretch better when they're wet. You could always sit in the tub with them on and then go walk to the store or ride your bike. Should stretch them much faster.

my new standards are still super tight!!! i normally wear a 28 and got a 26, after a few wears i can now button them but they are still so tight on my junk! i tried sleeping in them last night but i woke up at 1am sweating and very uncomfortable so they came off. anything i can do to speed up the stretching?

sleeping in your jeans isn't gonna stretch it.

just got my pair of new standards.. im 6'1", 205 lbs and usually wear a size 33 so i went with a size 31. they are pretty tight around my thigh right now, hopefully theyll stretch out soon.

Nice fit. I did the exact same thing though I'm a little shorter than you. They'll stretch out in time and get more comfortable. Even sooner if you skate or ride.

can someone please help me measure the waist & thigh (right below the crotch) of a pair of 28 new standards?

i guess in the old standards i was a 29. i've been wearing a pair of sz29 hipsters for about a year now and i can pretty much take them off with the buttons all done.

mass:

I just washed my New Standards in size 28. They are worn and stretched for 8-9 months now, but right after a wash they shrink back some and then they stretch out again fast when worn.

-waist: ≈30" (almost 15" accross)

-thigh: 22"

white_giraffe:

I forgot to measure the New Cures last night. Sorry. These jeans have been soaked once and worn for 5 days now, so I guess they've stretched a bit.

-waist: 33,5" (probably due to the fact that I have to wear the jeans low on my hips because they're so tight around the knee that I can't pull them up properly)

-thigh: 21"

-knee: 15"

-calf: 13,75"

Hope that helps. If not, let me know.

thanks, mandel! so 30" is pre-stretch?

Well, not entirely pre-stretch, just right after a wash. I think the waist measured about 29" when I first got the jeans. Between washes it stretches to about 31-32" (I guess).

Black raw APCs: Does anyone know if these are usually sold 1 season per year? And.. if they're coming in a couple months, will the be available in all fits? I'm mostly concerned with New Cures.

thx!

-T