APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just bought a pair of rescue jeans, and learning from my previous mistake i bought one size down. i normally wear size 30, and so i bought size 29. guess what...they measured 34" in the waist. so, by this logic a size 26 will measure 31", which will shrink down to about 30.5" after the first hot wash. i'd even settle for a 27 or 28 and live with a bit of looseness...but of course, apc doens't even make anything smaller than a 29 for the rescue. i give up!!!! apc has to get some sort of quality control into their manufacturing here, people can't waste so much time trying to get a pair of jeans that fit like they're supposed to.

icon_smile_angry.gif

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

3 to 4 sizes down would mean a 26 or 27, which is as common as a four headed pig. i guess i'll never have the pleasure of wearing a pair of rescue, lest i start binge drinking so to increase the circumference of the belly. icon_smile_big.gif

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

was just in selfridges (again) and the english were £89 and the new standards were £65 - that's a hell of a difference

also went to uniqlo regent street and they only had 30x31 (a dozen or more pairs) ...

Quote:

I guess that would be me. I have some Bootleg jeans that run true to size and are made in Tunesia. Just by guessing from the amount of wear, I would say mine are at least 4-5 years old. And as wild said, bootleg is not boot cut, for then you would not have a straight outseam.

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Jul 6, 2005 07:03 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Just out of curiousity though, how do these bootleg version APC's fit in comparison with the 'New Standard' or 'English'/'Rescue' versions; what is the difference in cut between them?

Would these bootleg's be worth anything at all? I might just flog them on eBay seeing as they don't fit me.

Cheers, all.

Quote:

Oh my God.. Every 3 pages or so & this 21 page thread recycles itself...

DEAD this fucking thread already!

--- Original message by themdouble on Jul 11, 2005 10:41 PM

Is it really so hard to just ignore this thread and move on to the other topics which interest you? Last time I checked this was an internet "forum" which entices discussion about fashion. Sure there will be repeat posts about what size to buy, what are the best jeans to buy, and etc. which repeat previous discussion, but it's really not that hard to scroll past that to read other contributing comments. Now it would be perfectly understandable to "DEAD this fucking thread" if supertalk was a fast moving forum where topics get bumped off the first page within hours, but this is not the case.

Moving on...

I saw one size 30 and a size 36 in the New Standards, and the bloke said that is all they had.

They weren't in the sale section, so dunno ... guess maybe they will get some more in, hopefully they will be £65.

Uniqlo - yeah the Japanese shop that used to have loads of branches in the UK and now only has six or so ... and the selvedge stocks seem all over the show - have been to three stores - only one had selvedge and only they had 30" ones ... it's a skinny man's world out there.

i remember when i ordered my English cuts last August the page w/ all the different jeans listed them as $120 when you rolled over them, but once you clicked the English cuts and were taken to it's own page it said they were $109.

they're not always on top of things on the website sometimes.

alrite... two questions...

1. are all APC jeans selvedge?

2. im a 32 waist in my levis 501... I'm interested in either the rescue or the english style. which waist size would fit me best... considering im going to be doing no washing to them, therefore no shrinkage. thanks

(im sure you guys have spent the last 15 pages talking about this but its late and i cant be bothered to skim thru all the fine print... thanks in advance)

let me add to wild_whiskey's answer, that the quality of the fabric of the non-selvage is around the same of the selvage (maybe they're even the plain same) so it doesn't make a difference really, unless you wanna show the selvage.