APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Keeping the origonal hem is not necesary on these. I dropped mine off today for their first drycleaning. I Get them back thursday but I am kind of mad that I got them dirty already.

I've contacted APC asking a few questions about the tight jeans and here's what they had to say:

About the sizing: The tight jeans run slightly big, so we recommend that you go down a

size.

About marks that would look out of place on a shorter guy in the vintage version: In the vintage version, there are whiskers in the back of the

knee.

About the tight/cure being selvedge: Due to the slightly tapered cut of the tight jeans, they are not made of selvedge denim.

BTW I'm going to exchange my size 27 (28 inches waist) new standards for a size 28 and here's what they had to say about stretching and sizing: We do recommend that you go up a size, because the new standards will not stretch 2 inches. But we measured the waist of the 28 new standards and they are 30 inches.

Quote: I am kind of mad that I got them dirty already.

I know exactly what you mean. I spilled garbage water all down the leg of my current 'project' jeans last night. Had managed to make it two months. Don't really have any choice but to wash them or get them cleaned now. My girlfriend said I still looked miserable and cranky this morning...although that might just be me in the morning.

Try smashing a bottle of redwine by accident while opening it over your lap when you are wearing 60's Big E nearly deadstock, second-time-you-wear-them, white jeans with selvage.

icon_smile_dead.gificon_smile_angry.gif

OMFG I JUST SPILLED CHOCOLATE MILK OVER MY TIGER TSHIRT OMFG SHIT SHIT...!!!!!! :(!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denim Fanatismé.

The Arc - Hitting the selvage from August 1st 2005.

frogeyes: "dontcare, who cares."

xx01.gif

I just got a pair of new standards yesterday. But obviously, they're much too long. I did a long soak in hot water spun them, and then threw them in the dryer for a bit. Do you thinnk I need to do anything else to avoid shrinking? Or do you think that they're shrunk enough, I really want to get these hemmed.

I remember Ringring had a tip a while back, but after 2 days of searching, I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

I got my new standards hemmed by the corner dry cleaner, who did a perfectly acceptable job. I'm glad I had it hemmed a little long, because even when I hand washed the jeans with cold water, hang dried them, and kept trying to strech them out with my hands, they still shrunk a bit, maybe an inch or so.

Hi, I'm in Melbourne, Australia and currently nobody is stocking any APC jeans. I'm thinking of ordering some online. I'm a size 32 waist but around 6 foot 1" or 2" does anyone know what the leg is like in the 32? Will it be long enough? Should I get a larger waist size and get them adjusted? Great forums here, thanks.

i think i'm gonna do a monthly post on my jeans, because weekly i doubt you'll see many differences at all. my jeans are a bit past the week mark, and i have been wearing them almost 24/7. they are much less rigid than before and a lot more comfortable. i'll do a photoshoot in a few weeks lol.

Hello! I got my apc standards about 3 weeks ago. I got them in 28 (my waist size usually being 30) . They were super tight at the waist but they've streched to just about perfect. I had them hemmed about 4 inches but they are still long. I usually where them rolled up a couple inches. I've been wearing them everyday, it's totally easy finding which pants to wear. I fell off my balcony last week (long story) and a bush stabbed me in the leg, so now I have a hole in my thigh. I patched it up and it actually looks pretty sweet. Anyways, i'll try to post pictures later.

Quote:

Hello! I got my apc standards about 3 weeks ago. I got them in 28 (my waist size usually being 30) . They were super tight at the waist but they've streched to just about perfect. I had them hemmed about 4 inches but they are still long. I usually where them rolled up a couple inches. I've been wearing them everyday, it's totally easy finding which pants to wear. I fell off my balcony last week (long story) and a bush stabbed me in the leg, so now I have a hole in my thigh. I patched it up and it actually looks pretty sweet. Anyways, i'll try to post pictures later.

--- Original message by mufasa on May 22, 2005 12:10 PM

thats ridiculous. im almost jealous

www.ryanleslie.com

ouch! that looks like a painful area to get stabbed. (well, i guess any area would be painful...). nice job on the patch.

anyways, i got my apc's hemmed at the apc shop after i purchased them. free alterations in HKG icon_smile_wink.gif... i estimated 3 inches of shrinkage and hemmed them at that level.

the salesgirl at the shop insisted that i wash them first to ensure that the length was correct. hah. what is she thinking?!? can't she recognize a wannabe denim nerd?

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

I really want a blood stain on mine, but I can't justify cutting myself on purpose just to see how the stain will look in 6 months.

Quote:

I really want a blood stain on mine, but I can't justify cutting myself on purpose just to see how the stain will look in 6 months.

--- Original message by ChadR on May 22, 2005 09:15 PM

maybe sacrificing a goat is in order. but, do it in secret, we don't want to see dior jeans w/ red stains on them... icon_smile_big.gif

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif