APC denim

Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck mate, that's just shoddy workmanship through and through.

Worse part is, the only reason why I went to that tailor rather than begging the guys at BiG is because APC recommended them. The people at APC even said "we give them our thread so that they can make the alterations look perfect."

The thread that they used was blue, rather than gold. :mad:

How does the quality of APC compare to that of Sugurcane? I'm having trouble deciding whether to get New Standards or 47's.

this is really more a question of fit as apposed to quality. Those trwo jeans are miles apart from each other i'd say. the cane 47's are a jap levis repro and the NS are more of a modern style of jean.slimmer all through out with a slight taper

They sure as fuck better. The instructions were written the ticket that they had, in the handwriting of the tailor "6 3/4", inseam" (6 3/4"= 17.5cm)

if that is in fact the case they have no legal leg to stand on. you should definately get a new pair out of the deal.

Hi guys. I've read most of the thread, it's all pretty simple. I have a pair of Rescues and can't wait to start breaking them in. I really don't like cuffing them, so I want to get them hemmed. How much extra room should I leave? i.e. if after the first wash, they shrink _____ inches, I want to leave that much more on the hem. I'm afraid that will result in me stepping on the hem though!

Worse part is, the only reason why I went to that tailor rather than begging the guys at BiG is because APC recommended them. The people at APC even said "we give them our thread so that they can make the alterations look perfect."

did you get a new pair?

did you get a new pair?

ok..so i've decided to buy apc's.either new standard or new cure...i'm askin you guys for some advice...i'm 5"10 and weigh 165 pounds(wear a 30 on 514),i have average thighs that can fit to any cut..i like the one that will fit me tight(not too much)what model and what size should i get?

ok..so i've decided to buy apc's.either new standard or new cure...i'm askin you guys for some advice...i'm 5"10 and weigh 165 pounds(wear a 30 on 514),i have average thighs that can fit to any cut..i like the one that will fit me tight(not too much)what model and what size should i get?

I'm about the same height and around 155lbs and also wear 30 (or 29) on 514.

To me you should get 29 or even 28 (for New standards). I tried on some 29s and they were nice and tight (the waist) but since they'll stretch alot.

I'm about the same height and around 155lbs and also wear 30 (or 29) on 514.

To me you should get 29 or even 28 (for New standards). I tried on some 29s and they were nice and tight (the waist) but since they'll stretch alot.

ITS: +2.5inches for whatever sz you want so if your a reg 32 in APC NS that translates to 32+2.5 = 34.5 which to me is huge.

so if you want a 32 fit go for a sz 30 +2.5 = 32.5 or a sz29 = 31.5

also stretching seems to stretchs out 1-2 inches depending on amount of wear

correct me if im wrong

save sometime for you guys looking threw the thread: :D

my question is i kno that the waist will stretch for sure, but will the thigh,knee, and leg openning stretch also? i dont mind the waist stretching but will everything else stretch?

Does that apply to the current run of the NS? I think i was reading somewhere in the thread about the current run of NS being a bit bigger in sizes.

This apc sizing and stretching is driving me insane. I am on my second pair and already thinking about getting a third. My first pair stretched out to the point it was looking a bit funny. So for my second pair I I bought a pair I could barely button, but now it is bursting at the seams, to the point where I can see the white on the outer seams.

Is this normal? I'm afraid Im gonna bust these jeans wide open!

jyk0397tm1.jpg

if you look closely you can see how they're stitched, its actually one seam so if you pull it you can sort of see through if you stretch it. I'd guess it holds pretty well, if it doesnt its easy to repair.

Does that apply to the current run of the NS? I think i was reading somewhere in the thread about the current run of NS being a bit bigger in sizes.

honestly i don't know bro im just going off of my own pair of NS

hey guys. I just picked up a pair of new standards and i'm liking them alot. the waist fits very well but since i'm a short guy, the jeans scrunch up a lot by my shoes. i'm not sure whether to leave them or to get them hemmed. let me know what you guys think.

apc.jpg

sorry for not going thru the thread (its just too long)

i am wondering what size in the New Standards would fit me best if a 28X32 RRDS fits me fine in the thighs and waist?

i am currently considering purchasing the new standards in sz 25 and not sure whehter they are gonna fit me since i have no idea as to how they fit

ok... i read the last 35 pages of this thread and i am still not entirely sure what size i should go with the APC NS. some say they stretch like crazy

i am hoping that these 25' will stretch to around 29' to be comfy