APC denim

Geowu

I think these irregularities in measurements stem from APC's growing pain. My APC new standard in size 30 measured 32" in waist. The only difference is mine is made in Tunisia. Perhaps quality control issues are more apparent now because there are more people buying their products. This definitely made me think twice about buying from the APC website. I'm glad there's a local APC retailer in Boston.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

sup script. where is your brother located?

check this out:

http://www.apc.fr/us/en/boutiques.php?id=10

those should be the stores where you can expect to find APC stuff. i would try them on in store to avoid any sizing mishaps that may occur. New Standards run for about 110 euro (much more than the $120 they cost in the US)

and yes, dope backpack indeed icon_smile.gif

now for some APC v Nudie comparison!

last week i was at this store called "Traffic" in the hollywood Berverly Center and there were a bunch of Nudie jeans. i tried on the Nudie regular ralf dry selvage's and from what i remember, the RR's feel more tough and rough than the unisex APC's. the RR's also had a sort of shine that the APC's don't have and felt smoother to the touch. i wouldn't be too suprised since the Nudie's are about $150 more!

the Nudie's fit really well but may be a bit on the tight side with a high waist. i'd imagine the APC unisex's to fit in a similar fashion.

--- Original message by super on Apr 18, 2005 09:47 PM

super

my brother is in east london. the link will definitely help.

yea those backpack are dope. got the white one for myself too. icon_smile_big.gif

the sizing are weird. hope he will get me the right size...

thanks again

write your own script

I agree. I am pretty much a sport watch kinda guy. I have a F1 Chrono and think I will get one of the new Autavias next. I like the vintage ones better but the new one has a sapphire crystal. But old heuers are so nice. I wish I bout some back whn they were cheaper a few years ago. My vice lately has been late 70-early 80's Seiko Digitals. I have the second calculator watch they made and it is awesome. I look to get a James Bond one next. It goes along with my love for robots and Kraftwerk.

I'm not illiterate, I just can't type!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

Geowu, that must be a sight! I should try working out in my jeans!

I noticed that your jeans seemed to be really stretched out. Mine are a bit loose fitting which is probably part of the reason they aren't wearing out very quickly.

Velvetant -

Unisex (New Standards) - Slim-fitting, low-waisted, *slight taper* in leg although when laying flat they look completely straight from the knees down. Selvage denim. Similar fit to the LEVIS 1947, with a closer-fitting seat and a lower waist.

English (Anglaise) - Loose-fitting, low-waisted, completely straight legged. Selvage denim. http://www.nurs.or.jp/~ourlem/text/denim_26.html - pictures of worn-in Anglaise (7 years old).

Tight jeans - Close-fitting all the way to the bottom (tapers significantly at ankles). Non-selvage denim.

Rescue - "boot cut" although leg opening is not larger than the knee. Selvage denim. Higher-waisted than the Unisex, although still lower than standard Levi's. relaxed fit but not as loose as the Anglaise.

In order of bagginess to closeness:

Anglaise, Rescue, Unisex, Tight

Lowest rise to highest (to the best of my knowledge):

Tight, Anglaise, Unisex, Rescue

the strange thing about apc is that when i emailed them, they mentioned that other than the cure, all of their denims are selvage. but when i visit the store and try to look into the inner seam, i dont find any indications of selvage in some of their other denim lines. is it the case that they cut off the ecrue etc?

kiz:

I had a pair of 31 English put on backorder at the NYC store around early/mid-March, and they finally came in last week (unfortunately, they didn't fit). I had not expected them to come in - ever - because the English cut has been discontinued. According to one of the guys in the store, the only reason they received new stock was because APC "just happened to find a bunch of English jeans abandoned in some warehouse in France so they shipped them to NYC". He said the chances are slim that they actually get any more in stock.

I would like to add the that the Rescue jean is not boot cut, it is bootleg. I think this means that it is a wide straight leg jean meant to fit over boots. Boot cut would have a flare. The worn pair of APC jeans I just acquired are Bootleg and are definately straight leg.

Cheers, Joel

I'm not illiterate, I just can't type!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

this is the first that i've heard about the english being discontinued. when i called the other day she never mentioned anything about that and they still show up on the website....can anyone else verify this?

There is also a hipster fit which is not listed on the website but they do carry them at the store. I just picked up a pair. The fit seems somewhere in between the new standard/unisex and the englsih fit. The rise is not as high as the standard. And of course selvage denim.

Serge - Wanted to compliment you on your acquisition of the used Bootlegs (especially for the price you got them for). How you liking them? I have a pair from a couple years ago and they're the best fitting jeans I've ever worn. Much better than the Rescues, in my opinion. Wish APC still made them. -batch