APC denim

Geowu

nudie makes no qualm about their jeans fading with regular wear though.

that is sort of how they are marketed.

i phoned up apc on mercer street the other day and the gal who i spoke to said the new tight fit style measure true to size and advised not to go a couple sizes below normal. .. we shall see when they arrive.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well APC jeans certainly are nice, and they are tough, but Nudie Regular Ralf Dry Selvage is considerably "tougher" than any APCs I've worn. Other Nudies (boot cut Ola, for example) are pretty weak, but it is matched in their price, which is lower than APC for dry. The APC English are also a wide fit jean and are less susceptible to rips and tears because the legs will not be pulling them nearly as tightly as a slim-fitting jean.

Also, the Nudies on the Nudie website are *not* 6-months old. They're generally 2-3 years old. Look at the pictures people have posted on mynudies.com of jeans they have worn for 6 months and you will see that the wear isn't nearly as much as the jeans the models on the website are wearing. Also, I think many of them are artificially rubbed or sanded by the wearers, and the images also look color corrected and had their contrast increased through photo editing. I don't think that Nudie Selvage Denim fading is any more than APC or any other brand - it depends on your wearing habits more than anything. I'm not biased here - I have both APC and Nudie jeans (among others) and love them both.

I don't think that Nudie Selvage Denim fading is any more than APC or any other brand - it depends on your wearing habits more than anything.

I agree with Whiskey. The amount of abrasion and washing you subject your jeans to will have a the greatest influence on fading, moreso than the denim itself. High contrasts can be achieved with any dark denims, cheap or expensive, selvage or not.

For example, even if you one dark cheapo pair from Wally World, with a few strong swipes with sandpaper, you'll remove enough indigo off the fabric to produce strong highlights.

However, high-end denims will have a more diverse chromatic scale, higher lustre (when mercerised) and more varied mix of ringspun yarns. Whether that's necessarily better or not is subjective and relative to cost.

hey sbbjm, i am curious. you said that you bought the english cut in a size 31 and have stretched to a 34+? i bought mine in a 30 and they fit like a 32, and they are a wider fit so i am confused as to how you stretched them when they are already quite loose?

in all this apc hype, selfridges has now pushed apc gear to the forefront of mens, whereas it was waaaayyy in the back of a desolute area only a month ago. word of mouth travels fast, the english cut were 65 pounds a few months back and have now risen to 89...talk about inflation!

ring dub, still not washed the apcs and doing a rotation with them, guccis, rogans, edwins and levis...damn....

i bought my english cuts that were labeled 31, they were pretty snug at first. i measured them when i first got em and they measured about 32-32.5. i've worn them quite regularly for the past few months and now they are kind of loose on me so i'm guessing there a 34 now because i measured my actual waist size and its 33.

if it helps, i wear a 31 in seven, paper denim, diesel, and earnest sewn jeans.

geowu i read ur first post and if you wear a 32 in rabox's i would order a 32 in APC english cuts. i used to have rabox's and i wore a 31 and my english cuts were 31 and have molded to me perfectly.

when i called APC they told me they are true to size which i took to mean -- if i took my waist measurement that number would be the size i should buy in the jeans. don't do that i ordered a 33 and they were too big. they are sized pretty much like a lot of other designer denim companies are sized.

I know the subject of APC jeans has been beat to death...but could you guys clarify a few points for a newbie (this i my first post!)?

Im confused as to the fit of the rescue and english jeans - how do they differ? it seems opinions differ as to whether the rescue is more "bootcut" than the english style.

As to the sizing, the majority of the posts suggest that the rescue tends to run more true to size than the english --- is this correct? I typically wear a 33 in sevens/diesel/ag -- what size should i get in each style?

What about shrinkage? I know you denim snobs are violently opposed to throwing selvedge in the dryer, but i typicall do...how much shrinkage should i expect?

Thanks in advance - I appreciate the knowledge that most of you guys impart in your posts.

Best - thedonger

welcome thedonger,

the rescues and english cut are similar, as one is replacing the other. the english cut is being discontinued.

the rescue is a <u>slight</u> bootcut. as to the sizing, it depends whether you want to wash em or not. They're sanforized, so they shrink little. Some 2% at the waist and some 2" lenght.

Keep in mind they <u>will</u> stretch when you wear them. Be sure to turn them inside out before throwing them in the dryer.

Edited by Geowu on May 15, 2005 at 05:58 PM

I picked up a pair of Cures at APC last weekend. I went with the Cures because I like fitted jeans - I usually wear something like Levis Skinner (I know - those probably aren't very highly regarded around here, but I sort of like Levis).

Anyway, I like the cut, but I'm finding the combination of the tightness and the stiffness to be a bit much. Will these things break in with wear at all, or should I go back to the store and try a looser cut?

Thanks.

Picked these APC Bootleg jeans that are true to size in SF this weekend for $22. I could flip these on ebay for a least $150. I think I'm gonna keep them though! for a while at least!

1114443994837_apcboot2.JPG

p><p>I

http://images.andale.com/f2/110/104/6352519/1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG' alt='1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG'>

Edited by Serge d Nimes on Apr 17, 2005 at 07:16 PM

Edited by Serge d Nimes on Apr 19, 2005 at 09:00 AM

That's my little Corgi Bingo, He never misses a photo op. He is constantly getting in my shots when I take pics for ebay the little shit! Any hoo, with the paint stains, the jeans look very Helmut Lang-ish.

By the way, the seller probably only got like $10 for these jeans.

1115936980438_apcbl1.JPG

1112911468541_apcbl2.JPG

I'm not illiterate, I just can't type!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

Edited by Serge d Nimes on Apr 17, 2005 at 11:35 PM

i have to admit... i'm part of the apc denim club now. just got my rescues today!

they do run slightly big in the waist. i guess its an ego thing - so we can all say we've got a smaller waist than reality.

breaking them in already.

by the way - where is the "Made In..." tag? i'm just curious.

strange highs and strange lows

Edited by Music for the Masses on Apr 18, 2005 at 05:24 AM

Thank you Wild. my g-f took that pic of me for my myspace page. I posted it to show the slenderness of the jean. I am only going to have it up for a couple of days so the true jean freaks can get an idea of the fit. I wonder how many people read these posts anyways! DUH, maybe I should check the counter!

I'm not illiterate, I just can't type!

1112885282366_selvage1_edited.JPG

Edited by Serge d Nimes on Apr 18, 2005 at 03:10 PM

Quote: where is the "Made In..." tag? i'm just curious

mine are next to the left pocket, it says made in MACAU

hmmm.... just noticed that my tag is CUT!! its missing a strip where the "Made in..." should be. weird. especially considering i got them from the APC shop.

it has the tag showing:

A.P.C.

100% coton/cotton

laver a 30

wash 30

cut

web: www.apc.fr 102

wtf?!?

strange highs and strange lows

Bad new for all you guys that ordered 3 sizes down for unisex....

i just got my pair today and they are true to the size! i thought a 29 waist would be like 32 but i ended up getting regular 29. icon_smile_sad.gif

it won't be another 2 weeks till i see my unisexes in the correct size

yeah dude. my 29's were so tight that i counldn't even button them! icon_smile_sad.gif

anyway, here are some more pics for you guys

the jeans on the bottom are just some banana republic jeans that i had lying around. as you can see, the banana's are 32/30 and the APC's now run true to the size (well at least in my case) at around 29/34. i would suggest getting them hemmed unless you're tall like me icon_smile.gif

101_6808%20(Small).JPG

101_6809%20(Small).JPG

101_6811%20(Small).JPG

101_6816%20(Small).JPG

101_6818%20(Small).JPG

101_6819%20(Small).JPG

Edited by super on Apr 18, 2005 at 08:16 PM

WHOA!!!

i love those N.S. APC!!!

where at in london can i get those? and the pricing for it? help? anyone? please...

my bro is coming back so i'll NEED him to get me one!

super, the backpack is dope too! icon_smile_wink.gif

write your own script

Edited by script on Apr 18, 2005 at 09:23 PM

I dont think the inseam is absurd at all - it covers for the tall people. They're straight leg and unwashed so you aren't hurting the balance if you get them hemmed. Try Denim Doctors in LA, they might be able to chainstitch the hems for you, but be weary of this because they WILL shrink an inch or two on the length, so you dont want to hem them too short and have them be high-waters when you wash them.

I can only wonder what Patek or other chronological abbhoration made that patch of pastiness on your wrist, Serge. :)

Edited by wild_whiskey on Apr 18, 2005 at 09:43 PM

sup script. where is your brother located?

check this out:

http://www.apc.fr/us/en/boutiques.php?id=10

those should be the stores where you can expect to find APC stuff. i would try them on in store to avoid any sizing mishaps that may occur. New Standards run for about 110 euro (much more than the $120 they cost in the US)

and yes, dope backpack indeed icon_smile.gif

now for some APC v Nudie comparison!

last week i was at this store called "Traffic" in the hollywood Berverly Center and there were a bunch of Nudie jeans. i tried on the Nudie regular ralf dry selvage's and from what i remember, the RR's feel more tough and rough than the unisex APC's. the RR's also had a sort of shine that the APC's don't have and felt smoother to the touch. i wouldn't be too suprised since the Nudie's are about $150 more!

the Nudie's fit really well but may be a bit on the tight side with a high waist. i'd imagine the APC unisex's to fit in a similar fashion.