APC denim

Geowu

I made my way and finally picked up some denim from APC - opted for the straight cut instead of the standard because I want ensure my sperm count would be intact in due time.

Normally a 33 in Diesel, PRPS, etc. yet the sales clerk reached out for a 31. Very fitting yet no distress to the waistline and more importantly, the crotch. Figured it might have been safe to try on the 30 but then after putting my left leg through and thinking that my privates were being held in a full nelson, I noted to the worker:

"I'll take the 31s"

Jeans were definitely hemmed and purposedly asked to have them on the longer side as I knew shrinkage was going to occur. Went back home and soaked them in hot water for about 30 mins and saw bleeding and then a quick cold rinse and hang up to dry.

After several hours, I tried them on to see the fit and length - perfect and very form fitting. Denim still looks very fresh and will need some urban spanking to form the necessary creases and honeycombs.

Overall very happy with the fit and especially the pricing.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right, but on say a pair of 28" inseam jeans the shrink will be much more noticeable (again, extreme case, which was my point, it wont matter for 99+% of people)

Not sure what you mean by shrinkage wont be noticeable and the legs wont twist. Sometimes I swear my jeans are different than so many people here. The left leg on my APC's twisted after they shrank.

as the shrinkage is proportional to the length I don't agree that it will be more noticeable on a 28 length than on a 36.

I only took a swim(cold water) in my APC's, but the leg didnt twist. They are sanforized and I would also take for granted that they are pre-skewed.

Hey kids, I'm going to both the US and Europe in the next couple of months and wondering where APCs are generally cheaper?

PS im a girl from australia

direct from paris, i'd imagine, would be the cheapest? failing which the APC and APC overstock stores in NYC would be a good idea too. and there's mauro's denimbar.

anyone can post prices to confirm this?

APC jeans are around £90 in the UK - def not the cheapest place to get them

Think the rest of the prices are on their website...

just looked - start at 110 euros in Europe, $140 in the US ... so pretty even really

here are my new standards, size 26, after a week of wear. i am 5'10, 125 pounds. just a reference for rail thin people.

657247623_Picture.jpg

good jeans. cut's good for the most part. there are folds under the pockets that make the hips bulge a little, as shown in the picture. i don't mind it much. also, for some strange reason, the left leg is stretching out much faster that the right. by something like two inches. wierd.

but i'm satisfied. :)

villarreal - nice fit. i'm approx. the same height and weight (2 lbs more) and i was wondering what waist/hip size you were. did you size down twice from 28? oh, and welcome to SF.

yes i did. some brands i can barely squeeze into a 28, others are baggy. but usually i opt for the 28.

direct from paris, i'd imagine, would be the cheapest? failing which the APC and APC overstock stores in NYC would be a good idea too. and there's mauro's denimbar.

anyone can post prices to confirm this?

I bought my new standards at APC Paris for EUR 110,-

What's the leg opening on the New Standard vs. Straight Jeans? Also can someone tell me the how much slimmer the cut is on the New Standard vs. Straight? The reason I ask is because I have large thighs from working out/football. The current STF 501's fit me very well when purchased true to size, so I'm trying to figure out which cut would work better for me. Thanks.

i think you're probably better off with the straight (rescue)? the new standard is tapered below the knee, about an inch. some of the measurements taken off my own pair:

Leg width at bottom of crotch: 10.5 in

Knee: 8.25 in

Leg opening: 7.25 in

measured across the jeans laid flat.

just got my NS!!!! really awesome stuff man. Fits great and i love the way it looks on my ass.

I just have one question though. I usually wear 31-32s on most jeans that fit on my hip. Right now i need to really breathe in hard to button it all up, but it's not ball-crunchingly tight. It's resting about 2 inches from my hips.. does anyone know it will expand til it rests on my hip after prolonged wear?

just got my APC Rescues in.. this is my first pair of selvedge denim and i'm excited.. these are awesome.. I bought a size 29 (as small as I could go for Rescues) and theres some room around the waist.. i know they these are gonna stretch but I really don't care haha these are too great. can't wait to break them in !

just got my ns 26 ..

i've been wearing them for the past 2-3 days .. not much about 3 hours a day

i can only button the bottom 2 .. well 3 if i push it but its not comfy when im sitting

well i know that that NS will stretch like a mofo

just wondering will it fit me eventually? all 4 buttons? thanks

any recommendation for loosening them quickly? :P

This is probably a pretty stupid question, but...

I bought some Cures a while ago and haven't even soaked them yet, I'd assume that if I soaked them right off the bat they would shrink a couple inches or whatever the regular amount they shrink is, but since I've been wearing them for a few months now and they have stretched considerably, when I first wash them will they shrink a couple inches from what the waist is now bringing them back to around what they were when I first got them, or will they actually shrink to be smaller than when I first got them, like an initial pre-soak would have done?

Most likely they will shrink down to where they would have if you had soaked them from the start. But I really dont know since I soak all my jeans before wearing.

how long do u usually soak for jetta

i maybe lost an inch in the inseam which is fine for a cold soak, but the wasit didnt shrink at all.

i soaked for maybe 2-3hrs... and the waist is still the same, id like it to shrink an inch