Geowu

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please search next time.

this was only ONE PAGE back:

Quote:

washed denim stretches just as much as the raw.

like i said above those overdyed black, i stretched 5 sizes past its marked size.

Quote: hey Ted Dibiase...been thinking about copping a pair of the overdye black new standards but haven't been able to really see what they look like...do you mind posting a few additional pictures??

Thanks!!

there's nothing to them. they are 100% exactly like New standards in a jet black finish. these are garment dyed. meaning they were dyed after construction. black on both the outside as well as inside. they were also bleached completely prior to dyeing, so there is no trace of blue left at all.

they look like a twill jean (like Dickies), but still have the selvedge seam (its all black with a faint dark red selvedge line in it).

if you really cant imagine it and still need pic i will post them

--- Original message by Ted DiBiase on Mar 7, 2006 05:19 AM

they are both made from the same exact denim. one is raw, one is dyed. there are no magical properties that the dye has that will prevent the jeans from stretching just as much as the raw ones.

Edited by Ted DiBiase on Mar 16, 2006 at 11:21 AM

Quote:

Yeah, they're fairly tight. I've definitely seen way tighter though. cgeezy, you probably want yours to end up looser than that. I think a lot depends on how thick your thighs are. The waist on mine is actually quite loose, despite how the jeans look in that picture.

--- Original message by headtowall on Mar 14, 2006 11:15 PM

I was about to say that it looks like your jeans are ball crushingly tight.

I got a 30 in New Standards, and they fit pretty well to start. The 29s were crushers, and I with a supreme effort I could button them all the way up, but opted for the 30s. In other jeans, I wear between a 29 and 32 for the most part, and usually a 30 works. I stand by what everyone says with APC, which is to try them on first.

I got 28 NS and wore them for about a total of 5 hours so far, and could only do 2 out of 4 buttons... Now they're at the tailor for hemming, will get them back early next week... :) I have a feeling that it will take another day or 2 to completely button them up. yikes!

wonder which style of APC is the narrowest? i wear my jeans kinda baggy, such as Corpus in 34X32 or most levis in 33X30. But my true size is a 30.

But this time i want a taper jeans, but a bit baggy in the waist. Wonder what size of APC should i get.

Quote:

I got a 30 in New Standards, and they fit pretty well to start. The 29s were crushers, and I with a supreme effort I could button them all the way up, but opted for the 30s. In other jeans, I wear between a 29 and 32 for the most part, and usually a 30 works. I stand by what everyone says with APC, which is to try them on first.

--- Original message by headtowall on Mar 16, 2006 01:48 PM

i was just wondering how long you have your size 30s...

and were they a true size 30 waist when you bought them..what was the true measurement of waist before any of the stretching..

sorry about the questions =/

Quote:

Sorry, I didn't measure them when I got them. All I know is that they're labeled 30.I got them in late January I think. Maybe early February.

--- Original message by headtowall on Mar 16, 2006 11:18 PM

Yeah yours do seem a little tight. I think I might go with a 31W, I figure they'll stretch out and be not baggy but not as tight as yours.

Quote:

i want some NS's......how is the fit compared to slim jims? it seems to just have a higher rise

--- Original message by kixslf on Mar 16, 2006 04:42 PM

Actually I think NS's and Slim jims have pretty much the same rise. On revolve clothing it says the slim jims have a 9.5" rise, I just measured my NS's rise and it was also about 9.5".

Quote:
Quote:

dude they are gonna stretch a ton

--- Original message by kixslf on Mar 15, 2006 02:15 AM

why does everyone say that? i've been wearing my rescues for 2 months straight and the streching is hardly noticable, and they aint baggy at all on me....

--- Original message by poly800rock on Mar 16, 2006 11:59 PM

my rescues stretched out like 2 inches at least. it is insane.

Quote:

i want some NS's......how is the fit compared to slim jims? it seems to just have a higher rise

--- Original message by kixslf on Mar 16, 2006 04:42 PM

I have the feeling that Slim Jims are more tapered and a bit slimmer overall than New Standards...

SteadyMadhectic : Cures or Tight Jeans are their narrowest cut.

hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between:

"women's overdyed black narrow jeans" and "overdyed black new standard jeans"

from what Im guessing.. the women's is just a lower rise? I want a pair of overdyed black for formal occasions (funerals, work, etc.) I need a 25 and these are my 2 options. Neither are in stock but next time they are maybe I'll grab a pair.

tweedlesinpink : No, actually new standards are slightly tapered down the leg, after some wear/stretch though they almost look like straight jeans.

colin :

Women's overdyed black narrow jeans are the Cure/Tight/now called Narrow cut, women style (lower rise, with 4 buttons instead of 5 on men's style) overdyed black finish.

Overdyed black new standard jeans = new standard cut, overdyed black.

Edited by emuRay on Mar 17, 2006 at 07:34 PM

I recently ordered a pair of Overdyed Black New Standards and comparing them to the Raw New Standards, the overdyed blacks have a little elasticity to it even more so than the Raw New Standards. The overdyed blacks also seem to take a little less time for stretching, in one day of wear they seriously loosened up quite a bit.

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

Whoever said that APC's bearly stretch, I got mine is size 26 and in about 3 days in, they became a size 30. So they stretch a LOT.

I'm like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin'

I'm sorry is this has already been discused but do i need to downsize 2-3 sizes on the unwashed stright jeans (men's jeans). I wear my 501xx STF pretty relaxed but not too baggy (after soaking) and I'm looking for a simular fit. Once again, sorry if it's been talked about already.

therealcas...i know this has been discussed somewhat in the past, but just to confirm...comparing the black OD new standards to the Raw new standards, can one get by ordering the same size??..i understand that the OD ones will stretch, but are they the same size starting out?

thanks in advance...

I'm not going to answer any questions, I wish only to clutter this thread even more. Here are my English 29s after 6 months. they measure over 31" now.

english6mos.jpg